Cash Flow & Appreciation in Kansas City?

Cash Flow & Appreciation in Kansas City?

Real Estate Agent · Dedham, MA (Dedham) · Member since 2019 · 27 posts · 15 votes

Hello BP people!

I currently live in a suburb of Boston where I’m looking to invest in a market outside of my market.

I have a few friends that grew up in Missouri and told me to look at Kansas City and it’s suburbs specifically Belton and Raymore, Mo.

While home prices are more friendly to my budget in this area my questions are:

Are homes in this area appreciating and will it cash flow with 20-30% down? Are these good areas where there is growth? Are jobs being created? Are these good rental markets? Are there any other areas I should look at in MO?

Thanks for your time.

0Reply
15 views

Most Popular Reply

Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 712 votes
7y

Speaking as a renter,  I ended up in Raymore because I could rent a brand new house that some out of state investor bought for 200k a few years ago.  

Rents at the time were in the 1600 range - I think they are more in the 2000 range now and I bet the houses are closer to $250,000

Most of the brand new (under 3 years old) houses on the street were rented to professionals, a Chiefs player who ended up getting cut lived next door.

Good Schools, Growing Community, higher end housing, a lot of brand new for rentals.  easier to manage tenants.

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2016 · 132 posts · 91 votes
    7y

    @George Tiglianidis those are solid areas. We have properties a little north of there.  Also consider Grandview and Raytown.

  • Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2012 · 397 posts · 187 votes
    7y

    @George Tiglianidis This is a great area for sure. With the percentage you are saying you put down, i think you will be in a good spot. Good luck!

  • Real Estate Agent · Dedham, MA (Dedham) · Member since 2019 · 27 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    @Rich Kniss I’ll check those areas out too. Thanks!

  • Specialist · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2018 · 331 posts · 148 votes
    7y

    @George Tiglianidis those can be great rentals, we’ve completed many in Raymore. All fourplexes

  • Shawnee Mission, KS · Member since 2016 · 716 posts · 313 votes
    7y

    The Burbs of KC on the Kansas side offer A type of housing  solid  long term growth yes more expensive in the short term but the future is cash machine ,that is my bread and butter it works for me .Lot's of action on the Missouri side I just don't understand it or need to .

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2011 · 2k+ posts · 712 votes
    7y

    Speaking as a renter,  I ended up in Raymore because I could rent a brand new house that some out of state investor bought for 200k a few years ago.  

    Rents at the time were in the 1600 range - I think they are more in the 2000 range now and I bet the houses are closer to $250,000

    Most of the brand new (under 3 years old) houses on the street were rented to professionals, a Chiefs player who ended up getting cut lived next door.

    Good Schools, Growing Community, higher end housing, a lot of brand new for rentals.  easier to manage tenants.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.