Anyone from NYC in here (Its like a rare commodity to find)

Anyone from NYC in here (Its like a rare commodity to find)

Real Estate Agent · East Orange, NJ · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 42 votes

Are there any New York investors in here? I  RARELY FIND ANYONE within NYC itself, so it's more difficult to connect physically with people, but I would love to connect and add value to those who are on the same path as me or already there or we could just build rapport over some ice coffee with people who are in the area and talk Real Estate 

4Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Weehawken, NJ · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 704 votes
7y

@Miltiana Holdip

There are a few of us here. The scarcity you may be referring to is the people who actually invest in NYC. That is a much rarer breed, mostly because the numbers are tough.

I am here, not going anywhere in the near-term. Nice to meet you!

See this reply in the discussion

23 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · New York City · Member since 2014 · 359 posts · 195 votes
    7y

    Definitely lots of us from the boroughs.  There are a few meetups across the city.   We do one in Brooklyn that happens monthly.    

  • Real Estate Agent · East Orange, NJ · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    @Damon Bodine that’s amazing, where can you find information for these meet ups?

  • Real Estate Agent · New York City · Member since 2014 · 359 posts · 195 votes
    7y

    @Miltiana Holdip  they're all posted in the network section of the site.   

  • New to Real Estate · New York, NY · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Miltiana Holdip I’m in NYC! I live in the Bronx.

  • Real Estate Agent · East Orange, NJ · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    @Teri Parker

    Hey I’m willing to connect !

  • New to Real Estate · New York, NY · Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    @Miltiana Holdip i sent a connect request! Looking forward to connecting

  • Lender · Hackensack, NJ · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 372 votes
    7y

    Born and raised in NYC living in NJ now feel free to connect I can always suggest a few events and meet ups in the area as well

  • Real Estate Agent · East Orange, NJ · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    @Tarik Turner

    That would be absolutely wonderful message me anytime !

  • New York, NY · Member since 2017 · 19 posts · 4 votes
    7y

    NYC investor right here - feel free to message me whenever, would love to chat!

  • Rental Property Investor · Weehawken, NJ · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 704 votes
    7y

    @Miltiana Holdip

    There are a few of us here. The scarcity you may be referring to is the people who actually invest in NYC. That is a much rarer breed, mostly because the numbers are tough.

    I am here, not going anywhere in the near-term. Nice to meet you!

  • Real Estate Agent · East Orange, NJ · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    @Hamza F. Most definitely!

  • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Miltiana Holdip

    I am from nyc born and raised, recently moved out but still not far, I am looking to invest in bronx, If some of you know of any deals in bronx or Brooklyn feel free to send it my way

  • Attorney at Law · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 40 posts · 26 votes
    7y

    Manhattanite here! I look mostly at Yonkers, a lot happening there that I like, and there are still cash-flowing properties, though they are getting fewer and far between.

  • Rental Property Investor · Queens, NY · Member since 2017 · 93 posts · 128 votes
    7y

    Same here, born in Brooklyn and raised in Queens. Just had a BiggerPockets meetup in Manhattan last week, ton of opportunities in NYC to talk shop and learn if you're willing.

  • Member since 2019 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    7y

    @Lionel Li where do I find these meetups in Manhattan?

  • GA · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    7y

    @Miltiana Holdip

    Brooklyn Here! Let's connect.

  • New York City, NY · Member since 2019 · 20 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    Hiya! Just joined the forum as well. I'm from Queens and looking to attend some future NYC network events as well. Let's connect!

  • Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 58 posts · 7 votes
    7y

    Hi, I'm from Queens. I've been on here for a while, but never got started. We bought our 2 family house in 2016.

    We're looking to buy a cheap house outside of NYC. Anyone recommend a place to buy a 40-50K house to rent out ? I'm currently looking into Reading, PA. We're trying to stay 1.5-2 hours away and we would definitely hire someone to manage the place.

  • Member since 2019 · 23 posts · 20 votes
    7y

    HI, I am also from Brooklyn. Still learning about REI so not much hands-on knowledge to give yet :)

    But attending some of these networking meetups can be intimidating if going by yourself, we should go together!

  • NYC, NY · Member since 2016 · 617 posts · 456 votes
    7y

    As others have said, many of us don't invest in NY.  

    In addition to other local meetups, you might also try REIANYC...they have a website and meetups and events occur pretty regularly. 

  • Real Estate Agent · East Orange, NJ · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    @Elena Livins

    July 10th I'm actually going to an REIA meeting!

  • Real Estate Agent · East Orange, NJ · Member since 2019 · 56 posts · 42 votes
    7y

    @Jane Wish

    I'm going to the REIA meeting on July 10, want to come ?

  • Attorney · Queens, NY · Member since 2017 · 52 posts · 15 votes
    7y

    Hello @Miltiana Holdip, i'm a Bayside based attorney and a new investor in the Southeast Queens markets. Let me know if I can help in any way.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.