BP Communtiy in Gainesville, FL?

29 Replies

Hey hey! I’m fairly new to BP - been listening to lots of podcasts for like 4 months now and read a couple of BP books. I’m about to be back in Gainesville, FL for my final semester of graduate school. Any BP folks in the ville? Or good meet up groups to attend? Hoping to start networking and talking to some people with experience. Thanks

Hi @Reid Ferguson , @Alexander Barnard , and @Thomas J. Clifford . My husband and I are in Gainesville and always looking to network with other investors in the area. Let's start a BP meetup! We just bought our first rental property and are currently remodeling it to house hack in for a couple years while we plan for the next rental purchase. We also recently started a wholesaling business, Gainesville Property Solutions. If any of you want to grab coffee, lunch, or drinks sometime let me know! 

@Thomas J. Clifford - hey. Not sure where I’ll be after school, but probably won’t be staying in Gainesville. Shooting you a DM though.

@Jennifer Turner - congrats on the first deal! I’ll be back in town in a couple weeks. Would love to meet up and get a group going. Thanks!

Good to meet you guys! There was talk about a Gville meetup a few months ago, but nothing ever got nailed down. Same as Jennifer, I'd be interested in getting together. Do any of you guys know folks who are established investors in the area? (Awesome job on your first property, @Jennifer Turner )

T.

Hey Guys! I've been looking around for Gainesville meet ups too. I've only seen Jacksonville, Orlando, and Tampa. Please let me know if you guys meet up, I'd love to join. I recently purchased a house May and I have tenants living in it. I'm currently on the market for another rental property since that first deal lit a fire underneath me. 

Since everyone is looking to start or meet with a group,-I can offer to reserve one of the conference rooms at my office. I also can reach out to one of my property managers that works with a lot of investors. 

Is there a night this week or next that would work for everyone? Maybe this upcoming Tuesday or Thursday evening??

@Christopher Sarmiento

I can be free either of those nights as well. I'm leaning towards planning for 8/20 to give me time to get together a couple of other resources to attend (Property management, lender, guys experienced with doing renovations for investors, etc)

Christopher, you're in. Anyone else?

Location once we all meet will be at the KW building located at 7584 Nw 4th Blvd Gainesville FL 32607.

I'm not sure if I'm allowed to put my cell,-so anyone can message me if they need it.

I'm definitely interested. What time would we be looking at? I work a 9-5 on the other side of town, but would adjust my work week to attend.

T.

@Reid Ferguson @Thomas J. Clifford @Christopher Sarmiento

I think tentatively Chris and I were going to meet up after a home inspection I'm attending that runs from 11 A.M. to likely around 12/12:15 on Tuesday the 20th. (BTW anyone is welcome to meet me at that home inspection if interested in meeting the home inspector and talking shop about REI. The property being inspected was listed for 99k, but my investor has it under contract for less than that. It's a 4 bedroom, 2 bath home. My property manager thinks she can rent it for 1,250 a month+.

I can also be available to meet with everyone in the evening at the office. 5:30 P.M. to 7 P.M. works good for you guys? It doesn't necessarily have to be at the office either. Can meet somewhere with food and beverages if preferred.

I'm flexible.

Originally posted by @Reid Ferguson :

Hey hey! I’m fairly new to BP - been listening to lots of podcasts for like 4 months now and read a couple of BP books. I’m about to be back in Gainesville, FL for my final semester of graduate school. Any BP folks in the ville? Or good meet up groups to attend? Hoping to start networking and talking to some people with experience. Thanks

Hey Reid, I'm in Gainesville now actively looking at deals. Just closed on a place near GHS. Lets meet up!

Hey John, I'm also fairly new to BP and real estate investing and would also like to meet up to talk about investing and deals. Please message me about the details. Thanks!

@Shawn K Hicks

Hey man, I've been trying to keep up with the thread but I've swamped the last couple of weeks getting ready for all the student to flood back into the ville. I'm finally getting some time off this week so if it's cool I'd like to come by the house inspection you got going on tomorrow and maybe go grab lunch afterwards? Msg me and let me know. Like I said I'm pretty much free this week so would love to meet up with anyone else's interested in talking REI. I'll be hanging around a unit we're finishing up with between nw 6th st and nw 13th st. So if anyone's close to UF and want's to meet up there feel free to stop by anytime this week.

@Javier Contreras @Reid Ferguson @Thomas J. Clifford @Andy Nguyen @Christopher Sarmiento @John Cornelius

Hey guys,-so looks like here's the itinerary for tomorrow:

Home inspections starting at 10 A.M. at 915 Se 12th Ave Gainesville FL 32601. Estimate will last until 11:15/30ish. I have a property manager coming by to see the home for the investor I have that's purchasing it to be rented. Some of you already have property management connections, but for those that don't, she'll be a good resource. Also, some of my investors only pay cash while others use financing. I have it looks like a local lender that is going to swing by as well.

At 12 Christopher and I are meeting at Maude's for coffee. Reid may join as well. Anyone else is welcome to stop by also.

Finally, it looks like Thomas Clifford is at work,-but is coming by the office at 5:30 or a little after. If anyone else this time works for as well,-they can join. At the very least, I'll still be here to meet with Thomas. The location is the KW Gainesville office located at 7584 Nw 4th Blvd Gainesville FL 32607.

Originally posted by @Shawn K Hicks :

@Javier Contreras @Reid Ferguson @Thomas J. Clifford @Andy Nguyen @Christopher Sarmiento @John Cornelius

Hey guys,-so looks like here's the itinerary for tomorrow:

Home inspections starting at 10 A.M. at 915 Se 12th Ave Gainesville FL 32601. Estimate will last until 11:15/30ish. I have a property manager coming by to see the home for the investor I have that's purchasing it to be rented. Some of you already have property management connections, but for those that don't, she'll be a good resource. Also, some of my investors only pay cash while others use financing. I have it looks like a local lender that is going to swing by as well.

At 12 Christopher and I are meeting at Maude's for coffee. Reid may join as well. Anyone else is welcome to stop by also.

Finally, it looks like Thomas Clifford is at work,-but is coming by the office at 5:30 or a little after. If anyone else this time works for as well,-they can join. At the very least, I'll still be here to meet with Thomas. The location is the KW Gainesville office located at 7584 Nw 4th Blvd Gainesville FL 32607.

Great see you tomorrow!

That property is around the corner from the Sheriff's Office where I work, but I typically cant get out of the office until closer to 11:30. Cool if I meet up with ya'll at Maudes?

T.