What books have changed your life

What books have changed your life

Wholesaler · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2016 · 124 posts · 81 votes

I'm a faithful listener of the BP real estate podcast. Can't get enough of it. Other than the super valuable advice and insights I gain from the show, I also learn about a ton of great books from the guests.  What books are you reading? What are your favorites?  I'm looking for more knowledge!

6Reply
202 views

Most Popular Reply

East Coast · Member since 2016 · 51 posts · 44 votes
7y

@Franky Aikens

Bible....seriously

See this reply in the discussion

59 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Kenosha, WI · Member since 2015 · 89 posts · 81 votes
    7y

    I strongly agree with @Alexander Felice that the most valuable books to read are not those offering the latest idea du jour on motivation or management principles but rather those that force you to evaluate society and your role as a part of it.  Several novels that do that:

    Babbit and Dodsworth - both by Sinclair Lewis.  These two books examine the cnsequences of success on two very different protagonists.  George F. Babbit is a real estate broker in the small-town Midwest.  He is moderately affluent but suffers from a vague dissatisfaction with his life.  In the course of the book he at times tries to diverge from his life's path but always reverts to the safe course.  He is not on a ladder going up; he is on a treadmill.  Dodsworth is a successful auto manufacturer that finds his life-long beliefs challenged when he and his wife voyage to Europe upon his retirement.  The status quo of his life and marriage is shattered but he builds a new life upon the wreckage of the old.

    1984 by George Orwell - A cautionary and prophetic story.  At the time of publication Orwell was warning against the evils of communism but the basic premise can be applied to any excess of government.  Total oversight = total behavior control; total behavior control = total thought control. 

  • Ogden, UT · Member since 2016 · 6 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Franky Aikens

    The slight edge

    The compound effect

    Never split the difference

    Brandon Turners books..

    David and Goliath - Malcolm Gladwell (also, has other great books)

    Money Master the game - Tony Robbins (focussed on index vs mutual funds)

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y

    @Franky Aikens

    Below books are changed they way My thinking

    I start reading them about year a go and I wish hade done 10 years a go

    Rich dad poor dad

    Think and grove rich

    Since of getting rich

    Goals

    Energy bus

    Psycho cybernetic

  • Rental Property Investor · Cliffside Park, NJ · Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote
    7y

    @Franky Aikens

    Books that will change your life , in different categories:

    To improve People skills:

    —How to Win friends and influence others by Dale Carnegie

    —To get better at negotiating:

    Never split the difference by Chris voss

    — how to become rich:

    Millionaire next-door by Thomas J. Stanley

    — learinng how to invest in real estate investing:

    Real estate property investing by Brandon Turner

    —-understand the difference between liability and asset and more:

    Rich dad poor dad by Robert Kiyosaki

    — to understand how power works:

    48 laws of power by Robert Greene

    Awaken the giant within by Tony Robbins

  • Mark S.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · KY · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 537 votes
    7y

    @Franky Aikens

    Set for Life by Scott Trench

    I Will Teach You to Be Rich by Ramit Sethi

    Secrets of The Millionaire Mind by T. Harv Eker

    Killing Sacred Cows by Garret Gunderson

    The Time Cleanse by Steven Griffith

  • Rental Property Investor · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 42 posts · 21 votes
    7y

    @Josh V.

    Totally agree! It has been several years since I read it, but I remember it being life changing! You made me want to go read it again!

  • Rental Property Investor · Kailua, HI · Member since 2018 · 47 posts · 66 votes
    7y

    @Franky Aikens

    Lots of good recommendations....i’d like to add Raising Private Capital by Matt Faircloth. I’ve just started the Millionaire Real Estate Investor.

  • Rental Property Investor · South Florida and Central Florida · Member since 2017 · 50 posts · 40 votes
    7y

    Failing Forward by John C. Maxwell. I was having a serious road block when I did bodybuilding in the past. I got the right paradigm shift I needed to get to conquer that goal. I now embrace failure as a stepping stone towards success. 

  • Tallahassee, FL · Member since 2017 · 21 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Vivid Vision, Cameron Herold
    The Leader Who Had No Title, Robin Sharma

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.