• Greenville, NC
Votes |
Formal Introduction - Just Starting out in NC

James Ormond
  • Real Estate Investor
  • Greenville, NC
Posted Aug 11 2012, 15:46

Hi All,

What an awesome resource I've found in BP! I've been excited about and obsessively following my local real estate market for years, but only recently started to find the educational resources that will allow me to pursue RE as a serious full-time business. I look forward to learning even more and putting all this new knowledge into action! A little about myself...

I'm in my mid-30's, living and working in and around Greenville, NC, a mid-sized city with a large state university. My actual RE experience is as follows: I've owned three different homes, all as my primary residence. The first I bought in a new construction subdivision from a large "tract" home builder. The second was a 70's era brick ranch in which I renovated and sold. I built my current home myself (sub-contracted mostly) as an "investment". (I was planning to live in it a couple years and then sell it at a profit.) I have some preliminary landlord experience as I've had several roommate "tenants" over the past few years.

My goal in a RE investing business is to start by selling my current home and using some of the capital I've saved to buy some investment properties that I could rehab and turn quickly enough to build some additional capital over the next few years. Long-term I'm hoping to add some buy-and-hold properties that can provide more stability and value over the years.

Sorry for the long-winded introduction. I am hoping to meet and network with other investors in my area (Eastern North Carolina). I've been unable to find any local REI clubs in my area, but there's sure to be some nearby investors out of the nearly 100,000 BP members!

Thanks!

James

Loading replies...