New Investor in Nashville, TN

New Investor in Nashville, TN

Member since 2019 · 3 posts · 1 vote

I am located in Nashville, TN and looking to start my career in real estate. I am planning to House Hack for my first investment, however, I need some advice on where to buy. The Nashville Market is relatively expensive, and I am having a tough time deciding where I want to target geographically. I have been looking in areas that will potentially appreciate in the future, but any insight on this subject is very much appreciated. I have been pre-approved for $300K.

1Reply
24 views

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Agent · Member since 2019 · 167 posts · 72 votes
6y

@Matt Jones I house hacked my first investment in Louisville, KY and then subsequently did it as well here in Nashville.  @Luka Milicevic's suggestions are all correct and great advice, I would also look in Donelson and Hermitage, even parts of Hendersonville/ Gallatin.  Bordeaux and North Nashville still have plenty of opportunity left.  Also I would check out Antioch and pockets within that as well.  I was just sitting down with an investor moving from Atlanta and went over different areas and neighborhoods and development.  Shoot me a DM and would love to go over any other questions or information I can assist you

See this reply in the discussion

6 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Nashville, TN · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    6y

    @Matt Jones

    Look at the surrounding areas and not Nashville proper. You will get more house for your money. If you are looking to get a house for 300k you can easily get a 3 bedroom in places like Madison, Bellevue, Mboro, Smyrna, La vergne. 

    You can house hack a single fam too. Doesn't need to be a duplex. House hacking is the easiest way to get started in my opinion.

  • Real Estate Agent · Member since 2019 · 167 posts · 72 votes
    6y

    @Matt Jones I house hacked my first investment in Louisville, KY and then subsequently did it as well here in Nashville.  @Luka Milicevic's suggestions are all correct and great advice, I would also look in Donelson and Hermitage, even parts of Hendersonville/ Gallatin.  Bordeaux and North Nashville still have plenty of opportunity left.  Also I would check out Antioch and pockets within that as well.  I was just sitting down with an investor moving from Atlanta and went over different areas and neighborhoods and development.  Shoot me a DM and would love to go over any other questions or information I can assist you

  • Solo 401k Expert · Anaheim Hills, CA · Member since 2012 · 18k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    6y

    @Matt Jones

    Welcome to the BP family! Good to have you here! Here are some recommendations for you:

    Find and connect with other BP members that are in your area:
    https://www.biggerpockets.com/search/users
    Set up keyword alerts to be notified of the topics that interest you:http://www.biggerpockets.com/alerts
    Read Beginner’s Guide: http://www.biggerpockets.com/real-estate-investing
    Check out BP Podcasts: https://www.biggerpockets.com/podcast

    If you wish to tag someone in the conversation on the forum, type @ followed by their name and then select the name of that person which should appear below the comments box. He or she will be notified of being tagged so that the conversation will continue.

    Wishing you the best!

  • Member since 2019 · 1 post · 1 vote
    6y

    @Matt Jones

    I agree with all the suggestions you have received. I would add Old Hickory and Whites Creek to that list as well.

  • Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Matt Jones

    @Krista Billiter has some properties she is selling in Nashville.

  • Specialist · Nashville Tn & Huntsville, AL · Member since 2017 · 14 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    @Matt Jones I have 7 off MLS for sale.

    Please reach out

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.