Hard money lenders in Columbus, Ohio area?

Hard money lenders in Columbus, Ohio area?

Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 11 votes

Hello Bp family, 

    I am a beginner entering into the world of real estate investing. I’m looking to purchase my first property by April 12th using the fix and flip strategy, Columbus, Ohio area is where I plan to do my investing. Currently I am looking for hard money lenders in the area who Offers the best terms that I can use for my first flip. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks and have a good day 🌞

2Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Robert EllisBusiness Member
Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
6y
Originally posted by @Charles Day:

Hello Bp family, 

    I am a beginner entering into the world of real estate investing. I’m looking to purchase my first property by April 12th using the fix and flip strategy, Columbus, Ohio area is where I plan to do my investing. Currently I am looking for hard money lenders in the area who Offers the best terms that I can use for my first flip. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks and have a good day 🌞

Fix and flip can be a good strategy in Columbus Oh. There are a few great ones. I've personally worked with Recasa Financial Group, Fund That Flip. There are many others like Lima One Capital that are bigger, it just depends on your liquidity and experience. Those two I ave you are more local and are great places to start. Not sure what terms you are looking for but the majority of hard money I'm seeing right now is 2 points and maybe 12 percent. Some have downpayment requirements depending on collateral. Feel free to reach out to chat further i've flipped probably 15 or 20 houses and used hard money on a few. there are some good facebook groups to join too that can give you access to local lenders. 

Columbus also has a lot of people that do joint ventures if you have some things (like liquidity or experience) but not others (like a rehab crew). Talk soon and welcome!

See this reply in the discussion

17 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Remington LymanBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2017 · 6k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    6y

    I would recommend going to local REI meetups and networking there.

  • Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Remington Lyman your right. Thanks for the feedback

  • Jeff CichockiBusiness Member
    Lender · All 50 States · Member since 2015 · 401 posts · 250 votes
    6y

    Definitely head over to the local REIA's and MeetUps's. They are some of the best places to find other investors to network with and lenders who are looking to help.

    Good luck!

    Best REI Funding4.36 Reviews
  • Specialist · Delran, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 951 votes
    6y

    Also don't fall in love with terms. There are a number of factors that go into loans. For instance, when I'm looking to buy a TV I go Sony or Samsung even though they might be more expensive than some others because I know the quality is there.

  • Investor / Landlord · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 276 posts · 174 votes
    6y

    @Charles Day

    A fix and flip is a lot to take on for a first deal without some pertinent experience.  The more of the following that you have, the better the chances of succeeding will be.   If you have little or none of the following, you should consider working with someone who has a lot of good experience and good reputation for integrity.

    Do you have any experience buying, selling or brokering real estate?

    Do you have any experience with the building trades (are you a general contractor, carpenter, plumber, electrician, etc.) or have a very good relationship with someone very knowledgeable?

    Do you have any experience with real estate valuation?

    Outside of real estate, are you or have you been an entrepreneur or sole proprietor of a successful business?

    Have you worked solely for commission as the main source of your annual income?

    Do you have good cash reserves that can be used along with the loan?

  • Robert EllisBusiness Member
    Developer · Miami, FL · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y
    Originally posted by @Charles Day:

    Hello Bp family, 

        I am a beginner entering into the world of real estate investing. I’m looking to purchase my first property by April 12th using the fix and flip strategy, Columbus, Ohio area is where I plan to do my investing. Currently I am looking for hard money lenders in the area who Offers the best terms that I can use for my first flip. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!!! Thanks and have a good day 🌞

    Fix and flip can be a good strategy in Columbus Oh. There are a few great ones. I've personally worked with Recasa Financial Group, Fund That Flip. There are many others like Lima One Capital that are bigger, it just depends on your liquidity and experience. Those two I ave you are more local and are great places to start. Not sure what terms you are looking for but the majority of hard money I'm seeing right now is 2 points and maybe 12 percent. Some have downpayment requirements depending on collateral. Feel free to reach out to chat further i've flipped probably 15 or 20 houses and used hard money on a few. there are some good facebook groups to join too that can give you access to local lenders. 

    Columbus also has a lot of people that do joint ventures if you have some things (like liquidity or experience) but not others (like a rehab crew). Talk soon and welcome!

  • Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Jeff Cichocki thanks

  • Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Odie Ayaga Thanks for the advice! My plan is to only use a hml twice.

  • Lender · Member since 2019 · 86 posts · 30 votes
    6y

    Hard Money/Private Money can provide up to 90% LTV and 100% Rehab that can be advanced at closing or reimbursement style draws and can close in 2 weeks

  • Lender · Member since 2019 · 86 posts · 30 votes
    6y

    Some also provide a Fix & Flip LOC for better flexibility when purchasing and flipping multiple properties

  • Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Ed W. l don’t have any experience currently. I am a complete beginner, I’m just learning what I can and then applying what I learn. Do you work with newbies? I see that your an active investor in Columbus.

  • Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Robert Ellis thanks for the leads.

  • Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Oliver Carey thanks for the info.

  • Specialist · Delran, NJ · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 951 votes
    6y

    Out of curiosity why the specificity on twice? What if you only need them once? Or what if a third deal comes along and it would make sense? Just curious if it's an arbitrary distinction or there's some method to the number.

  • Member since 2019 · 31 posts · 11 votes
    6y

    @Odie Ayaga the reason I said twice was based on my financial situation. If i was to come across a deal to where I could use a different funding source to fund the deal that made sense I would definitely pull the trigger. Just as of now a hml or seller financing are my only two options that I have right now.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.