Pro Member
  • Fort Smith, AR
Votes |
My First Rental Property Freak Out

Justin Johnson
Pro Member
  • Fort Smith, AR
Posted Aug 4 2020, 11:12

Is it normal to start freaking out after you purchase your first rental property?  I know I am seriously freaking out.  I hope that it's just the jitters from all of the new things going on.  This is the first property I've ever bought, let alone a rental property.  My first experience was...interesting to say the least.  The seller seemed a little shady and didn't bother to tell either agent that the tenant was moving out...the same day that we were closing.  I am house hacking this one, living in the one side that I thought was going to be vacant.  The other side was cleaned decently and is in pretty decent shape, but the SMELL is so bad in there.  Everything has been chaotic and I'm really trying to calm myself, but I just have this huge anxiety.  I worked and saved and cut my finances to the bone saving off 40% of my income each paycheck, then poof, it was gone into the down payment.  Has anyone else felt this way when they started or is it just me?

Any stories, advice, or words of encouragement would be greatly appreciated right now while I'm trying to hold it together.

Thanks!

Loading replies...