When to LLC to protect personal liability from rentals?

When to LLC to protect personal liability from rentals?

Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes

I am a beginning investor with a single, two unit property. I would like to continue to buy as I find the right deals. I am mostly interested in buy and hold rentals. When, if at all, is it advisable to create an LLC in order to reduce my personal liability? 3 doors? 10? Maybe it is not necessary at all?

Thanks in advance for your wisdom!

Chad

0Reply
10 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Clarksville, TN · Member since 2016 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    6y

    @Chad Rebert

    Whenever you want, but probably not for a while. If you had significant equity it might be more important, but guessing you are into it for a down payment. Have adequate liability insurance and spread the cost of a liability umbrella across a few properties before you take on added administrative load and cost.

  • Member since 2020 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Todd...Thank you so much for your reply!  Best of luck in your investing!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.