How many podcasts do you listen to weekly?

How many podcasts do you listen to weekly?

Realtor · San Antonio, TX · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 9 votes

For the new members or those such as myself, who have been a member for some time but do not engage as much, I’m curious to know how many podcast episodes do you listen to weekly?

I’m fortunate enough to be in a place of employment where I can spend most of my work day listening to the podcast. I’m curious to know how many others can and are taking advantage of a being in a situation such as this?

4Reply
121 views

Most Popular Reply

New to Real Estate · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2020 · 37 posts · 28 votes
5y

I listen to 15-20 hours per week of real estate podcasts. Personally I do not listen to them while at work as I cannot engage with both the podcast and work at the same time, the podcast becomes background noise. Instead I listen to them at 1.8x speed while doing other tasks that do not require much attention like going for a walk, making dinner, doing yard work, etc.

See this reply in the discussion

33 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Syndicator · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 907 votes
    5y

    Podcasts are great for learning the REI game. I listen to at least one a day. There are lots of good ones out there. I suggest finding a few podcasts that discuss your specific area of interest in RE and listening to those extensively.

  • Rental Property Investor · Brooke Park Drive · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    It depends how bad your commute is. When I had a long commute probably 10 hours a week of podcasts. Once I got a job one red light from my house I retired from podcast listening.

  • George MevawalaBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Scottsdale, AZ · Member since 2017 · 116 posts · 102 votes
    5y

    @Thierno Kouyate I try for at least 2-3 a week.

  • Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2017 · 114 posts · 108 votes
    5y

    @Thierno Kouyate That is a great question. I see that many on here listen to hours of podcasts per week, and as one person stated, they are great for getting started and gaining familiarity/exposure into the mindset and world of a real estate investor. I will add to consider less how much you listen to versus what you learn and actions that you take from those lessons. For example, maybe for the next month you want to learn about getting your first property, so you listen to a couple podcasts for tips and take action. In my opinion, that is more effective than 15 hours a week listening to real estate podcasts without a goal.

    I hope that this helps and safe investing!

    Have a great week.

    Rodney

  • Real Estate Agent · Memphis, TN · Member since 2019 · 261 posts · 253 votes
    5y

    I try to listen to 2 or 3, but my commute is so short right now that it's tough.  Soon, though, it will be around 20 minutes one-way versus 5, so I'm sure I'll be able to squeeze many more in.

  • Real Estate Agent · Winston Salem, NC · Member since 2014 · 486 posts · 303 votes
    5y

    @Thierno Kouyate 5

  • Investor · Southern California · Member since 2019 · 16 posts · 14 votes
    5y

    I started listening to 8-10 hrs a week, now I’m at about 4-5 hrs (workout and drive time). My fav is BP and recently Self Storage Income with AJ Osborne which has been a great inspiration. 

  • Northern NJ · Member since 2018 · 128 posts · 39 votes
    5y

    I would say switch from Podcasts quickly to calls whether for networking or lead follow up, as action and not intention is what will get you results!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.