looking for some insight!

looking for some insight!

renton, WA · Member since 2019 · 74 posts · 45 votes

Hey everyone, I am currently investing through bedroom rentals and have met people who are much further along than I am who I look to for advice which is great. Recently I randomly met someone who I actually really like and basically took the form of a general mentor, he owns a successful marketing company and after meeting 5-6 times he drops the Amway multileveling marketing thing on me and asks if id like to join, "his company is separate". I am not interested in the Amway program or products but what I do like is the mentor portion of it that they all follow.

It sounds so weird out loud but here's the scoop, to basically be apart of the mentor program I have to buy $300 dollars worth of products from this amway store and then pay $150 dollars a month. In total you pay $450 a month but you keep the products which consists of common consumable products. The only issue is we might really only use $100 dollars of stuff a month that can be bought on the site since we are kind of minimalists. 
The main part of it is to just be around some high level people on a regular basis 

Looking for insight if I should bag this whole thing and not pay to use the mentor program, any and all help would be much appreciated!

2Reply
21 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · NJ · Member since 2019 · 80 posts · 71 votes
    5y

    Hey Jacob.  What is it that you are trying to learn from this person, and what does the MLM scheme have to do with it?  To me it just sounds like this individual is trying to sell you on the MLM stuff.  So unless there is really something unique this person brings to the table that you can capitalize on, I would pass.  There are plenty of people to network with and learn from who won't try to sell you on an MLM scheme to share knowledge.  I would recommend getting involved with a local investors group or even a virtual master mind of like-minded investors.  Good luck!

  • Investor · Waco TX / Conroe, TX · Member since 2017 · 376 posts · 228 votes
    5y

    I don't have a direct feel for the situation but at first perception it doesn't look that good.

    Anybody who wants you to pay some type of money in order to hang out with them rather than just being happy with the value you bring them within your current relationship, is  full of it. 

    Now I am not saying, don't pay for masterminds and education opportunities because I have definitely done that but all I would suggest is to do your due diligence  and see if it is right for you.

    Another thing I notice from this pitch, is it is awfully confusing and doesn't make sense to me which is another red flag. But i am not the sharpest tool in the drawer so take that with a grain of salt. 

    Best of luck!

    P.s. I know a couple Nigerian princes who have some very exciting investment opportunities. Let me know if you are interested and i'll get you in contact;), haha.

  • renton, WA · Member since 2019 · 74 posts · 45 votes
    5y

    Thankyou both for your responses! I know if I read someone else post like this I would say the same thing, it was just one of those things that was going great and felt like I was growing some good relationships until this whole MLM thing got incorporated so it messes with your head! Lol 
    I guess the biggest thing for me is being around high level business owners, it’s odd but there are guys that have multi million dollar businesses outside of this MLM program so they are successful in there own right. 
    The having to buy from this store that I don’t really care for sucks so I totally agree with if it’s not right for me then it doesn’t fit. 

    Lol send over that princes number! I could use an easy million with a small investment of 100k 😂

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.