How much time do you spend on BP????

How much time do you spend on BP????

Flipper/Rehabber · Seneca, SC · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 39 votes

Hello everyone, I'm curious to know how much time are you guys spending on Bigger Pockets? I realized that this is a great way to network and find cool deals.

18Reply
463 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · Springfield, MO · Member since 2020 · 120 posts · 96 votes
5y

@Esteban Jimenez you’re right, it’s a fabulous way to network and even find deals. I spend about 30 minutes per day responding to forum posts and reading blog articles.

Some days I spend up to an hour per day when I am using the BiggerPockets calculators.

There’s a lot of good material and relationships to be had on here, it’s worth your time!

See this reply in the discussion

108 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seneca, SC · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 39 votes
    5y

    @Danny Steinweg

    Thats awesome! I haven't looked into Florida but I've herd the market is great. Staying local for now until I gain more experience. GOOD LUCK!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seneca, SC · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 39 votes
    5y

    @Dave E.

    I see... well you can always share your knowledge with us. I would love to see what you have to say especially as someone who is still learning. Just a thought.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seneca, SC · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 39 votes
    5y

    @Chinyere Orie

    Thats awesome! Thank you for sharing and keep learning 😁😁

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seneca, SC · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 39 votes
    5y

    @Kyle Keller

    Definitely a great resource. Good luck with future investments!

  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    5y

    @Esteban Jimenez   just wanted to comment and commend you for staying so engaged and encouraging on your thread.

    I'm an old dog that doesn't post nearly as much as I used to, but I do check in and stay up on trends and like to see what my colleagues are up to.  

    I also like to encourage the newer folks that are on here adding value like you.  Well done!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Seneca, SC · Member since 2018 · 50 posts · 39 votes
    5y

    @Steve Vaughan

    Thank you for the encouraging words. Im just trying to connect more with people and hopefully add value in anyway possible. 🙏🏼

  • Member since 2019 · 12 posts · 7 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Esteban Jimenez:

    @Danny Steinweg

    Thats awesome! I haven't looked into Florida but I've herd the market is great. Staying local for now until I gain more experience. GOOD LUCK!

    I want to stay local but numbers are just way off for me in Colorado and Florida sounds nice in the winter while looking for deals lol

  • Samara HuntleyPro Member
    Investor · Charlotte, NC · Member since 2020 · 124 posts · 189 votes
    5y

    @Esteban Jimenez not enough.

    I’m an avid podcast listener but the forums might just be even better. Thoroughly enjoy reading through the forums each night soaking up what I can. I average around 30mins to an hour.

  • Real Estate Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2015 · 24 posts · 6 votes
    5y

    @Esteban Jimenez. I recently put the app on my home screen and try to read something when I casually find myself on my phone. I feel much more motivated in my real estate goals because of it and find myself thinking about real estate more in general as well.

    I have curved my habit of jumping on Fb every time I have downtime like on a train, hanging out, etc.

  • Alecia LovelessPro Member
    Member since 2019 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Esteban Jimenez I work overnight so nights I’m working I spend about an hour on the forums. If I get a good lead then I spend a half hour or so on the calculators.

    Alecia

  • Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2020 · 23 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Esteban Jimenez

    Hey Esteban, when I first joined, I spent about 30-60 minutes a day running the calculators for practice. After I got my first property I spend less time with the calculators and more time on the forums just reading, learning and networking with other members!

  • AJ ShepardPro Member
    Real Estate Syndicator · Portland, OR · Member since 2014 · 453 posts · 312 votes
    5y

    @Esteban Jimenez

    If I count the podcasts as being on BP Im on average 20-30 minutes a day! I’m a education junkie for sure, and podcasts are incredible while working out, while driving to and from jobs, just great education at an incredible value.

    I know there will be a lot more people reading this than posting on it, but if you read this, get out there and take the next step. Even if that’s posting instead of just reading, or buying instead of analyzing.

    BP is a great place to get your knowledge and networking, but make sure you get out and meet people and take action.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Member since 2020 · 44 posts · 71 votes
    5y

    Hi, @Esteban Jimenez!

    I've joined BP relatively recently, and I spend about an hour a day, on average. This is between reading the Forum, responding to questions within my expertise, networking, writing blogs, and listening to podcasts and webinars. However, I really wish I had more time to devote here. Just hearing from all these experienced investors has been so useful, not to mention how great it feels to try to help beginners take on the exciting journey of real estate investing.

    What's your favorite section of the website?

  • Handyman · Pittsburgh, PA · Member since 2018 · 5k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    5y

    My goal on my slow days is to write one good-sized post that I think adds value to the forums every day. This post is almost always about small landlord-tenant relations in C-class SFR and small multifamily, old building maintenance and care, or the importance of understanding other factors in buying rental properties other than maintaining an obsessive focus on just crunching numbers and abstruse metrics.

    I spend about twenty minutes a day reading the forums and anywhere from 1-2 hours writing the post. Usually, the strongest posts take the most time (and more often than not get the fewest votes).

    But writing forces me to think more clearly about a lot of things in this business that are more vague than they should be, and there's enormous value in that for me.

  • Real Estate Agent · Surf City, NC · Member since 2017 · 648 posts · 597 votes
    5y

    It is at the top of my favorites bar haha. I might have a problem :)

  • Investor · Chandler, AZ · Member since 2020 · 76 posts · 28 votes
    5y

    @Esteban Jimenez Click on the app daily and read half way through 1 forum. Not on BP long enough as I should be though. Plus, I haven’t been posting here to much because I’m still learning the app. I just need to fully indulge myself in this app.

  • Investor · Eagle, ID · Member since 2014 · 82 posts · 75 votes
    5y

    I try to make it part of my morning routine, and read at least one item daily.  I would NEVER be where I am with out this wealth of information. The  willingness of others to share knowledge, real life experiences and observations have educated me and inspired me. Truth be told. I went from zero to twelve rental homes in ten years, and am very grateful for all the generosity shared by others. 

  • Realtor · Wake County, NC · Member since 2019 · 77 posts · 60 votes
    5y

    @Esteban Jimenez I listen to the podcasts everyday (Real estate, business, money and rookie)! As far as the forums and articles go, not enough, I try to get on to ask questions at least 15-20 min a day but I am beginning to really realize the power of BP and trying to spend more time on here and less time on other social media programs that are not helping me towards my end goal!

  • Rental Property Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2020 · 562 posts · 554 votes
    5y

    @Esteban Jimenez it’s not that I have nothing left to learn. I still have a TON to learn. It’s that people post so much garbage on here. Plus there are a handful of “know it all” type people that post on everything so you get a narrow perspective. I thought it was awesome when I first signed up, but lost interest very quickly. I find more value networking in real life then on here which is basically just another social media account.

    Best of luck to you!

  • Investor · Orange, CA · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 2 votes
    5y

    I found BP within the last year while doing research on a ski area for an STR and now I'm hooked! I use BP about an hour a day. I had the intent of utilizing a ski condo for personal use and wanting to rent it while not in use. Basically have it pay for itself or help cover some of the costs. I found so much valuable information and resources here. BP has open my mind to a whole new world. As I know absolutely zero about real estate investing and being a landlord. Now, I want to become an STR landlord, expand my portfolio and attend local meetups! Everyone has been super supportive and I enjoy this much more than wasting valuable time on any social media platform.

  • Lender · United States · Member since 2020 · 177 posts · 27 votes
    5y

    @Esteban Jimenez I'm on BiggerPockets at least two times to three times a day and that's to check to see if I have leads since I'm A lender and also the answer questions for people who are looking for mentoring so I'm only about two to three times a day.

  • Rental Property Investor · New York, NY · Member since 2018 · 8 posts · 4 votes
    5y

    I aim for 30 minutes, i read when i have time. Any headline that interests me or something i don’t know about about i read on. I read alot more then i post. I’ve been listening to the podcast for almost 3 years

  • Rental Property Investor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2015 · 342 posts · 142 votes
    5y

    @Esteban Jimenez Enough where I should be trying to become a moderator. Lol.

    Good and well informed time well spent!

  • Rental Property Investor · Central Kentucky · Member since 2019 · 67 posts · 43 votes
    5y

    Not near enough.

  • Vince LaSotaPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 7 votes
    5y

    @Esteban Jimenez

    I just picked up PRO. The amount of information here can be a little daunting. I should spend an hour a day researching, networking and analyzing. That’s my goal starting today. Great question.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.