Newly licensed in FL. How do I find a brokerage?

Newly licensed in FL. How do I find a brokerage?

New to Real Estate · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 1 vote

I'm a senior at UCF studying economics and I want to pursue real estate part time. I would like to join an established team in the Orlando area so I don't always have to be on call. I want a brokerage that provides a lot of training and mentorship to new agents, even if the splits are lower. I'm more concerned with discovering a new career path and networking than making a lot of money at the moment, although money is always nice. If you're in Orlando, accepting new agents, or know of any brokerages to join, please let me know. I'm also willing to work as an employee for a brokerage or team. I appreciate any support. 

0Reply
12 views

Most Popular Reply

Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
5y

@Bradley Post I don't have much experience with redfin so I can't give you much insight there. 

See this reply in the discussion

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2020 · 309 posts · 184 votes
    5y

    @Bradley Post I’m not in Florida but wanted to encourage you. I think joining a team is a great way to start on your RE journey. You could even start as a Virtual Assistant or. Transaction Coordinator. That way you could learn the lingo and the flow of a transaction by practicing it over and over. And you don’t have to worry about keeping up your RE license (paying all the fees) while you are still in college. Best of luck to you!

  • Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Bradley Post You are going to need to interview a few brokers. Weichert has training and they don't mind if you are part time but you will get out of it what you put in. I think Keller Williams has a good training program but don't know if they care about part time. I have a team and we mostly work with investors but I don't do much in classroom training it is really just ride along which means you have to have availability. I started at Weichert and would be happy to share my experience with you if you would like. 

  • New to Real Estate · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 1 vote
    5y
    Originally posted by @Tyler Gibson:

    @Bradley Post You are going to need to interview a few brokers. Weichert has training and they don't mind if you are part time but you will get out of it what you put in. I think Keller Williams has a good training program but don't know if they care about part time. I have a team and we mostly work with investors but I don't do much in classroom training it is really just ride along which means you have to have availability. I started at Weichert and would be happy to share my experience with you if you would like. 

    I'm interviewing for Weichert and Berkshire Hathaway. Would you recommend becoming a Redfin associate agent starting out? I've heard that "it's a rip off" but I feel that it would work well with my schedule. Finishing my education on time is a priority to me. 

  • Tyler GibsonBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Orlando, FL · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    5y

    @Bradley Post I don't have much experience with redfin so I can't give you much insight there. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.