Manufactured home as a rental property

Manufactured home as a rental property

New to Real Estate · Cardiff By The Sea, CA · Member since 2016 · 49 posts · 29 votes

I'm considering buying a manufactured home as an investment property.  Any thoughts?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

0Reply
22 views

4 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Lauren CutchenBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · The Woodlands, TX · Member since 2019 · 186 posts · 79 votes
    5y

    I have a couple clients that do this. Their general thought is they are a lower price point to buy, potential for more cash flow, but expect minimal appreciation. Our area has experienced some appreciation - but I think it's mainly for the location. I also notice that my clients that do this are older folks, and just need supplemental income for their retirement. I would look at the neighbors and see what kind of area it's in. Some are very nicely kept up properties. Also, some tenants stay for many years.

  • New to Real Estate · Cardiff By The Sea, CA · Member since 2016 · 49 posts · 29 votes
    5y

    Thanks for your response.  Are there restrictions as far as renting in manufactured home park?

  • Lauren CutchenBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · The Woodlands, TX · Member since 2019 · 186 posts · 79 votes
    5y

    Not entirely sure. I'd contact each park for clarification. I think in some, you own the trailer but rent the spot. My clients own the property with the mobile home on it, and are not in mobile home parks. 

  • New to Real Estate · Cardiff By The Sea, CA · Member since 2016 · 49 posts · 29 votes
    5y

    Thank you

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.