Want to Grow Your Business on BiggerPockets?

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Apopka, FL · Member since 2017 · 492 posts · 528 votes
8y

Done! As someone who joined BP as a non-agent and now am licensed, I can see both sides. I think everyone loves that BP isn't "salesy". My only thought would be to make us Agents/Brokers easier to find for those looking and/or allow us to pay for specific marketing, but still keeping the raw forum threads free from marketing type fluff. I crossed that line unknowingly recently with some wording I used that came across  like a sales pitch and was called out in private message by a moderator within 24hrs... something I personally am very impressed with and was happy he caught it and edited. I'd love to get more leads from BP, but not at the expense of the ad-free sharing of info environment that makes BP different than any other source. 

See this reply in the discussion

52 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Everywhere, USA · Member since 2012 · 689 posts · 525 votes
    8y

    Done

  • Dave Van HornPro Member
    Fund Manager · Wayne, PA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Done! Love the idea behind this btw @Dave Meyer , hope this survey helps!

  • Real Estate Broker · Apopka, FL · Member since 2017 · 492 posts · 528 votes
    8y

    Done! As someone who joined BP as a non-agent and now am licensed, I can see both sides. I think everyone loves that BP isn't "salesy". My only thought would be to make us Agents/Brokers easier to find for those looking and/or allow us to pay for specific marketing, but still keeping the raw forum threads free from marketing type fluff. I crossed that line unknowingly recently with some wording I used that came across  like a sales pitch and was called out in private message by a moderator within 24hrs... something I personally am very impressed with and was happy he caught it and edited. I'd love to get more leads from BP, but not at the expense of the ad-free sharing of info environment that makes BP different than any other source. 

  • Contractor · Coachella Valley, CA · Member since 2017 · 252 posts · 176 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Russell Holmes:

    Done! As someone who joined BP as a non-agent and now am licensed, I can see both sides. I think everyone loves that BP isn't "salesy". My only thought would be to make us Agents/Brokers easier to find for those looking and/or allow us to pay for specific marketing, but still keeping the raw forum threads free from marketing type fluff. I crossed that line unknowingly recently with some wording I used that came across  like a sales pitch and was called out in private message by a moderator within 24hrs... something I personally am very impressed with and was happy he caught it and edited. I'd love to get more leads from BP, but not at the expense of the ad-free sharing of info environment that makes BP different than any other source. 

    Couldn't have said it better myself!

  • Investor · Waconia, MN · Member since 2014 · 238 posts · 104 votes
    8y

    Done

  • Jordan MoorheadBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    Dave Meyer I’d rather pay you guys than Zillow. Shoot me a message and let me know when this is ready to go!
  • Jason CoryPro Member
    Real Estate Broker · Birmingham, AL · Member since 2018 · 264 posts · 381 votes
    8y

    I'm new to BP but can already tell just from Analytics that I'm wasting money on AdWords, FB, LinkedIn, etc. bc BP is driving qualified leads to my site/company instead of tire kickers on other advertising mediums. I'm kicking myself for not joining earlier in my career.

  • Abel CurielBusiness Member
    Real Estate Agent · Queens, NY · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Juan Barreneche

    Interesting survey

    REbuild Team - eXp Realty5234 Reviews
  • Real Estate Agent · Jersey City, NJ · Member since 2016 · 14 posts · 8 votes
    8y

    Done. Awesome initiative. Thank you!

  • Real Estate Agent · Houston, TX · Member since 2017 · 117 posts · 34 votes
    8y
    Done! Very interested to see what you guys come up with!
  • Simpsonville, SC · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 6 votes
    8y
    Done!!! I really like this idea seeming that I’m a newbie looking to get started.
  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2016 · 589 posts · 275 votes
    8y
    Done. Took the survey. Getting my real estate license soon.
  • Contractor · warwick new york · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y
    Awesome idea! Great opportunities would be easily connected with the right match.
  • Fresno, CA · Member since 2013 · 17 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    Took the survey. Rather than focusing so much on promotion of companies, it would be better to allow companies to provide educational value to readers. I'd like to see you guys open back up your guest blogging opportunites that you used to have and promoted at this link:

    https://www.biggerpockets.com/renewsblog/biggerpockets-blog-guest-blogger-guidelines-suggestions/

  • Real Estate Agent · Mount Nebo, WV · Member since 2017 · 174 posts · 68 votes
    8y
    Done!
  • Property Management · Memphis, TN · Member since 2009 · 667 posts · 362 votes
    8y
    Done
  • Specialist · Easton, PA · Member since 2018 · 136 posts · 48 votes
    8y

    I like this idea.  I'm still fairly new to BP and still exploring all it has to offer (and contributing where I can) for my business.  This is a great site.

  • Financial Advisor · Macungie, PA · Member since 2017 · 68 posts · 26 votes
    8y

    There should have been open ended questions.  As a financial advisor am I willing to pay for a corporate membership?  I don't know, how many people would click a link and work with an advisor?  I'm more than glad to pay if forward.  Help me grow my business and I will help you grow yours.

  • Chicago , IL · Member since 2018 · 23 posts · 4 votes
    8y

    absolutely! Please contact me for details thank you! 

  • Real Estate Broker · Apopka, FL · Member since 2017 · 492 posts · 528 votes
    8y
    @Dennis Bethel I like that idea! Maybe even as a condition of being allowed to pay for ad space of some kind, we must contribute a guest blog about some area we know a decent amount about. If you can't ad value with an educational blog post, you can't advertise :). All ads elsewhere on the site could also link to the member's posts/blogs so they could get a feel for the human they were reaching out to. I'd love to see the BP folks be able to facilitate a mutually beneficial form of investor/professional inter-marketing rather than the consumer VS vendor Facebook model.
  • Yonah WeissPro Member
    Cost Segregation Expert and Investor · Lakewood, NJ · Member since 2017 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    @Dave Meyer Looks like BP is moving in a good direction. There is endless opportunity. Great survey!

  • Rental Property Investor · Plant City, FL · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 379 votes
    8y

    Done

  • Rental Property Investor · Clinton, CT · Member since 2017 · 29 posts · 37 votes
    8y
    Done, great idea!
  • Real Estate Agent · Southington, CT · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y

    Just completed this survey. Hopefully something comes of this, I think it has the potential to be good for the site and its members.

  • Rental Property Investor · Flagstaff, AZ · Member since 2017 · 34 posts · 24 votes
    8y

    Completed! I look forward to seeing what this brings along.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.