Want to Grow Your Business on BiggerPockets?

Most Popular Reply

Real Estate Broker · Apopka, FL · Member since 2017 · 492 posts · 528 votes
8y

Done! As someone who joined BP as a non-agent and now am licensed, I can see both sides. I think everyone loves that BP isn't "salesy". My only thought would be to make us Agents/Brokers easier to find for those looking and/or allow us to pay for specific marketing, but still keeping the raw forum threads free from marketing type fluff. I crossed that line unknowingly recently with some wording I used that came across  like a sales pitch and was called out in private message by a moderator within 24hrs... something I personally am very impressed with and was happy he caught it and edited. I'd love to get more leads from BP, but not at the expense of the ad-free sharing of info environment that makes BP different than any other source. 

See this reply in the discussion

52 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Basking Ridge , NJ · Member since 2018 · 10 posts · 7 votes
    8y

    I'm sure this has been asked before (I'm still figuring my way around this site) but how has the BiggerPockets community helped you either grow your business or helped you get started in Real Estate? 

  • Seattle, WA · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y
    Done
  • Investor · Lombard, IL · Member since 2018 · 57 posts · 10 votes
    8y

    Great idea!

  • Investor · Honolulu, HI · Member since 2016 · 36 posts · 11 votes
    8y
    Love the idea! Hope my survey helps
  • Rental Property Investor · New York City, NY · Member since 2017 · 493 posts · 386 votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @Amy Rodgers:

    I'm sure this has been asked before (I'm still figuring my way around this site) but how has the BiggerPockets community helped you either grow your business or helped you get started in Real Estate? 

    BP has been great place for me to Network & find RE Professionals. I originally joined because I was looking for a CPA that specializes in RE. I quickly found one and he's now big part of my team. When I started investing I didn't know about BP and did a lot of research & networking on my own w a lot of trial & error. I recently started investing in a new Market and I used BP to find my PM & Realtor who happens to be same person, I'm currently under contract. BP has been a great help in my REI journey..

  • Investor · Bothell, WA · Member since 2011 · 61 posts · 27 votes
    8y

    @Brian Richmon take the survey... you might like where the site is heading. 

  • Kenmore, WA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    @Kirill Chervets good looking out. I just completed the survey. I'm excited to see if any changes are made because of it.
  • Kenmore, WA · Member since 2015 · 11 posts · 5 votes
    8y
    @Kirill Chervets good looking out. I just completed the survey. I'm excited to see if any changes are made because of it.
  • Rental Property Investor · Suffolk, VA · Member since 2017 · 143 posts · 78 votes
    8y
    I completed the survey and indicated I would consider paying for it, but I think it is a slippery slope for BP and could end up driving members off the platform. So tread cautiously.
  • Real Estate Agent · New York, NY · Member since 2018 · 30 posts · 17 votes
    8y

    Completed. Still very new but hopefully helps out. Loving what I've seen so far. 

    One value in my mind could be recommendations / matching for future connections & opportunities based on previous deals, investments, connections run through BP. Would make people put more information on the site and come back because it cuts down discovery / BD costs. My concern would also be providing that service without reducing the authencity of the site.

  • Investor · Lake Nebagamon, WI · Member since 2011 · 75 posts · 32 votes
    8y
    Done, thanks for setting this up.
  • Dave MeyerPro Member
    OP
    Head of Real Estate Investing at BiggerPockets · Seattle, WA · Member since 2015 · 224 posts · 826 votes
    8y

    Thanks so much everyone! We're still accepting submissions, but appreciate all of the feedback and input we've gotten so far. I will definitely be posting more surveys and interest forms in the coming weeks, as we figure out exactly how we are going to roll out these new features. Please stay tuned -- I'd love to have you all as part of our pilot program. It won't be up for a few months, but keep an eye out! 

  • Attorney · Columbus, OH · Member since 2015 · 95 posts · 60 votes
    8y

    done!

  • Sun City, AZ · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y
    Done
  • Street, MD · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    8y

    Love the idea! Just joined BP but have been listening to the podcast daily.

  • Real Estate Agent · Marietta, GA · Member since 2018 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    8y
    Done
  • Real Estate Agent · Maspeth, NY · Member since 2018 · 18 posts · 11 votes
    8y
    Done!!!
  • Investor · Westminster, CO · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Done.  Great survey.  As an Orange County Agent who also invests in many other states, I would love to help other investors.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · San Marcos, TX · Member since 2016 · 128 posts · 38 votes
    8y
    Done!
  • Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2017 · 206 posts · 175 votes
    8y

    Done. Love the idea.

  • Rental Property Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2017 · 160 posts · 107 votes
    8y

    Thanks @Dave Meyer

    Appreciate always trying to find a better way!

  • Ellenwood, GA · Member since 2018 · 55 posts · 11 votes
    8y

    Done!  Thanks BP. I am new and have became very inspired to start my real estate journey.  I can't wait to see what you will do next.

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Wilton, CT · Member since 2015 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    You can help me grow by putting that damn DO FOLLOW backlink back on my profile page ;/

  • Willingboro, NJ · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    8y
    Done
  • Podcaster & Multi-Family Apartment Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2016 · 273 posts · 138 votes
    8y
    Dave, who’s idea was this?
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.