i was banned for spamming .....i didnt know what do i do now ?

Most Popular Reply

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
13y

Posting ads on the forums and soliciting people via our PM system is spam and a fast way to a closed account . . .

Don't Do It!

See this reply in the discussion

13 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Note Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2012 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    i need an administrator it says

  • White House, TN · Member since 2013 · 47 posts · 5 votes
    13y

    First off you should read the TOS and FAQ of a Forum before you post. No forum will allow advertising with out some sort of payment.

  • Note Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2012 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    ok so its not free lol ? ok thanks

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    13y

    It's not "free' if you want to post ADs on the forums; that requires a paid account that gives you access to the paid area, the only area where ADs are permitted.

    Being banned for SPAM - HOORAY I say :)

    so stop spamming the unpaid forums ....

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    13y

    Posting ads on the forums and soliciting people via our PM system is spam and a fast way to a closed account . . .

    Don't Do It!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Bremerton, WA · Member since 2013 · 494 posts · 142 votes
    13y

    I sure appreciate that BP enforces this. Makes for a useful forum and experience.

  • Investor · Raleigh, NC · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 708 votes
    13y

    Hilarious!!!!! Thanks for the laugh, @Joshua D. !

  • Specialist · Westlake Village, CA · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 781 votes
    13y

    Just when I was going to wire funds to him to buy some foreign bonds and gold bullion. Darn the luck.

  • Dev HornPro Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Arlington, TX · Member since 2013 · 1k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    Dinner suggestion for Mr. Account Closed:

    YUM! :-P

  • Rental Property Investor · Manteno, IL · Member since 2009 · 2k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    13y

    There's a reason why all the other groups are simply worthless. Linked In has a bunch of groups out there. But all you see is a bunch of nonsensical sales pitches for junk. Its an absolute waste of time to go anywhere else for real estate discussion.

  • Real Estate Broker · Naples, FL · Member since 2013 · 9k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    8y

    I just got banned for "spamming" as welll:
    @Mindy Jensen

    @James Wise

    @Russell Brazil

    I wasn't soliciting I was sending out info on FL statutes to various agents. 

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent · Washington, D.C. · Member since 2012 · 17k+ posts · 30k+ votes
    8y

    @John Thedford email [email protected] and they can lift the ban.

  • Real Estate Broker · Cleveland Dayton Cincinnati Toledo Columbus & Akron, OH · Member since 2013 · 30k+ posts · 20k+ votes
    8y
    Originally posted by @John Thedford:

    I just got banned for "spamming" as welll:
    @Mindy Jensen

    @James Wise

    @Russell Brazil

    I wasn't soliciting I was sending out info on FL statutes to various agents. 

     I would imagine that if you sent the same material to multiple people the BP computer system automatically picked up on it as it was a copy & pasted.

    Shooting an email to support@biggerpockets should get everything cleared up.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.