BiggerPockets hits 150,000 members!

Most Popular Reply

Joshua D.Pro Member
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
12y

Hey all -

150,000 is definitely an awesome milestone -- thanks for the head's up, @Jon Klaus . Get this . . . The official tally is 174,366 users who have joined BiggerPockets, but we've DELETED almost 25,000 of them -- these include the spammers, scumbags, and other undesirables that we get rid of every day. If you subtract the few people each week who close their accounts for one reason or another, we narrow that 150k down somewhat further.

Facebook has had over 1 billion people sign up, but I don't think anyone believes that those are all active accounts -- the same applies to our 150k.

To pretend that's the case would be a complete lie. There are plenty of people who join and who may never return.

The numbers that matter to me are the volume numbers and the activity numbers. The amount of time that our users spend on the site is well above 5:00 on average, and that is for ALL of the hundreds of thousands of monthly unique users we've got. These users consume millions of pageviews every month, and in 2013, we saw well over 5,000,000 unique visitors to the platform. What really amazes me are the numbers of people who are doing business on BP. That is extremely difficult to quantify, but what I know is this -- countless millions (if not hundreds millions) of dollars in business happens as a result of BiggerPockets. The deals that our users share with us that happen because of BP and those that we never hear about, are the true testaments of how amazing this place is.

Those numbers amaze me, and what's even cooler is that in 2014, we're going to push it even further.

Ultimately, BiggerPockets has become what I wish I had when I got into real estate investing . . . a place where anyone interested in learning real estate or connecting with others can do it without turning to the gurus -- where people come together to help one another help themselves. What more can you ask for?

Thank you to the 150,000 of you who have taken it upon yourselves to join BiggerPockets. And a special thanks to everyone who not only created a profile, but who also took the time to engage and participate on our forums and blogs, thereby contributing to the vast knowledge base here on BP!

See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Conroe, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 43 votes
    12y

    Congrats Josh!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Thanks @Dick Green -- it is nice to see you around still -- you may be one of our oldest members.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Conroe, TX · Member since 2008 · 1k+ posts · 43 votes
    12y

    You're quite welcome Bro! @Joshua Dorkin

    I have not been on the site in a while. BP is still the Premier Real Estate Investor's Portal and I'm still glad to be a member. I'm mainly back because I'm looking for Bigger Pockets...lol Happy Holidays!

  • Amsterdam, Noord-Holland · Member since 2013 · 75 posts · 26 votes
    12y

    Congratulations @Josh Dorkin and @Brandon Turner. Creating such an online community is truly an accomplishment. This milestone is a good closure of 2013. Best of luck with growing your membership and its active involvement in 2014. Happy new year!

  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    12y

    Thanks a million, @Erik Noordam ! I really appreciate that.

  • Real Estate Investor · Clarksburg, MD · Member since 2011 · 28 posts · 2 votes
    12y
    Congrats another 50k more to go
  • David HollandPro Member
    Realtor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2013 · 91 posts · 32 votes
    12y

    Congrats to @Joshua D. and @Brandon Turner and the rest of the official BP staff for working so hard on the site.

    I'd like to give an even bigger shout out and huge thank you to people who really make this site what it is...the people who contribute on a daily basis! Information you can only get from real investors like @Ned Carey @Bill Gulley @jscott just to name a few.

    I'm working hard to get my first deal but I'd be lost without this site. Thank you and Happy New Year to everyone!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.