BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
12y
Hey all -
150,000 is definitely an awesome milestone -- thanks for the head's up, @Jon Klaus . Get this . . . The official tally is 174,366 users who have joined BiggerPockets, but we've DELETED almost 25,000 of them -- these include the spammers, scumbags, and other undesirables that we get rid of every day. If you subtract the few people each week who close their accounts for one reason or another, we narrow that 150k down somewhat further.
Facebook has had over 1 billion people sign up, but I don't think anyone believes that those are all active accounts -- the same applies to our 150k.
To pretend that's the case would be a complete lie. There are plenty of people who join and who may never return.
The numbers that matter to me are the volume numbers and the activity numbers. The amount of time that our users spend on the site is well above 5:00 on average, and that is for ALL of the hundreds of thousands of monthly unique users we've got. These users consume millions of pageviews every month, and in 2013, we saw well over 5,000,000 unique visitors to the platform. What really amazes me are the numbers of people who are doing business on BP. That is extremely difficult to quantify, but what I know is this -- countless millions (if not hundreds millions) of dollars in business happens as a result of BiggerPockets. The deals that our users share with us that happen because of BP and those that we never hear about, are the true testaments of how amazing this place is.
Those numbers amaze me, and what's even cooler is that in 2014, we're going to push it even further.
Ultimately, BiggerPockets has become what I wish I had when I got into real estate investing . . . a place where anyone interested in learning real estate or connecting with others can do it without turning to the gurus -- where people come together to help one another help themselves. What more can you ask for?
Thank you to the 150,000 of you who have taken it upon yourselves to join BiggerPockets. And a special thanks to everyone who not only created a profile, but who also took the time to engage and participate on our forums and blogs, thereby contributing to the vast knowledge base here on BP!
Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
12y
Ha Ha Bret,
"I'd like a stock option :-)"
I have asked for BP. It's not available currently but maybe or maybe not in the future. You can never tell what twists and turns a growing business takes.
Investor · Rochester, NY · Member since 2012 · 316 posts · 102 votes
12y
Congrats @Joshua D. and @Brandon Turner and the Moderators and Blog posters - don't forget the ones creating and managing the great content for all of us to learn from!
BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
12y
Hey all -
150,000 is definitely an awesome milestone -- thanks for the head's up, @Jon Klaus . Get this . . . The official tally is 174,366 users who have joined BiggerPockets, but we've DELETED almost 25,000 of them -- these include the spammers, scumbags, and other undesirables that we get rid of every day. If you subtract the few people each week who close their accounts for one reason or another, we narrow that 150k down somewhat further.
Facebook has had over 1 billion people sign up, but I don't think anyone believes that those are all active accounts -- the same applies to our 150k.
To pretend that's the case would be a complete lie. There are plenty of people who join and who may never return.
The numbers that matter to me are the volume numbers and the activity numbers. The amount of time that our users spend on the site is well above 5:00 on average, and that is for ALL of the hundreds of thousands of monthly unique users we've got. These users consume millions of pageviews every month, and in 2013, we saw well over 5,000,000 unique visitors to the platform. What really amazes me are the numbers of people who are doing business on BP. That is extremely difficult to quantify, but what I know is this -- countless millions (if not hundreds millions) of dollars in business happens as a result of BiggerPockets. The deals that our users share with us that happen because of BP and those that we never hear about, are the true testaments of how amazing this place is.
Those numbers amaze me, and what's even cooler is that in 2014, we're going to push it even further.
Ultimately, BiggerPockets has become what I wish I had when I got into real estate investing . . . a place where anyone interested in learning real estate or connecting with others can do it without turning to the gurus -- where people come together to help one another help themselves. What more can you ask for?
Thank you to the 150,000 of you who have taken it upon yourselves to join BiggerPockets. And a special thanks to everyone who not only created a profile, but who also took the time to engage and participate on our forums and blogs, thereby contributing to the vast knowledge base here on BP!
Realtor, General Contractor, and Developer · Redding, CA · Member since 2009 · 7k+ posts · 4k+ votes
12y
VERY IMPRESSIVE!! Though not at all surprising. The stats gave me a little relief, I thought for sure I was the biggest poster for the last week, but I didn't even make the list!
Also, on the referrals, how is that computed? Is there some link or to send people to refer them? (I just have a link on my website to BP, and tell others about it)
@Brandon Turner your hard work is paying off, and I like you Joshua, wish something like this had been around when I started ... heck, I wish the internet would have been around!
Homeowner · Lemoore, CA · Member since 2013 · 30 posts · 6 votes
12y
Congratulations @Josh Dorkin and @Brandon Turner. From signing up and reading around the forums and listening to the podcasts. I'm thaankful to being a part of this community.