BiggerPockets Pro Partner Update - Stessa!

BiggerPockets Pro Partner Update - Stessa!

Noah BaconPro Member
Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 826 posts · 1k+ votes

Our Pro membership just got better!

We are excited to announce a new Pro Partner - Stessa - who helps investors manage and optimize their portfolios. Stessa brings accounting, tenant screening, financial reporting and more into a single integrated platform built for investors, by investors.

BiggerPockets Pro members will have access to all Stessa core functionality and advanced features, like unlimited portfolios and SREO, all at no additional cost.

Learn More HERE 👈

If you are not a Pro Member - upgrade today to take advantage of these benefits. Stessa is the perfect partner to help you start, scale and manage your portfolio. Take advantage today!

12Reply
436 views

Most Popular Reply

Steve WilcoxPro Member
Member since 2019 · 5 posts · 18 votes
3y

I already have a Stessa account. Is there a way to access the additional features without creating a new Stessa account through the BiggerPockets link?

See this reply in the discussion

51 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2023 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    2y
    Quote from @Noah Laker:

    Stessa is really an awesome system. Everything you need for asset management on small or medium portfolios without much frill. I recommend Stessa to all my retail clients. 


     I just started with stessa on my first real estate transaction. I used a private lendor to fund the re-hab (cash) and owner financed the purchase price (minus down payment)

     I have a bank account linked to Stessa and I see the cash deposit in the transaction tab. What category would you recommend recording the cash deposited in?  and also, should I be recording the owner finance loan in any other place besides the properties tab? 

  • Real Estate Broker · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2021 · 516 posts · 408 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Travis Mire:
    Quote from @Noah Laker:

    Stessa is really an awesome system. Everything you need for asset management on small or medium portfolios without much frill. I recommend Stessa to all my retail clients. 


     I just started with stessa on my first real estate transaction. I used a private lendor to fund the re-hab (cash) and owner financed the purchase price (minus down payment)

     I have a bank account linked to Stessa and I see the cash deposit in the transaction tab. What category would you recommend recording the cash deposited in?  and also, should I be recording the owner finance loan in any other place besides the properties tab? 

    Hey Travis, I’m not a CPA and I can’t give tax advice. With that being said, what you described sounds like Owner Contribution (initial reserves / deposits by the investor). 
  • Member since 2022 · 1 post · 1 vote
    2y

    Hi, @Noah Bacon!

    I'm already a Pro Stessa member and am slightly confused after reading through all of the comments here what exactly would be included on Stessa if I go Pro with BP. Are ALL Stessa Pro features included if I am BP Pro member? ZERO difference?

    We've been utilizing Stessa Pro for over two years and I don't want to lose any of our previous data. Stessa is getting ready to move from $20 per month to $35 per month unless you pay annually. If you pay annually cost will be $16 per month. I was getting ready to do this but if I can get ALL of the same features, not lose any previous data, AND get my BP Pro membership all for the $32.50 per month, I'm willing to do that.

    Who could I speak with to help me get the information that I need because I need to make a decision in the next two weeks before my annual payment to Stessa will be due.

  • Investor · Huntsville, AL · Member since 2012 · 50 posts · 50 votes
    2y

    I thought the regular "free" Stessa account was ok. I used it to track several properties. One thing to be aware of, and I hope that this never happens to any of you guys, is my connected bank link somehow failed or became disconnected? I tried the "fix it" option on the Stessa site, and it constantly gave me the error that there was a problem with my bank? My bank said no problems on their end, and I was never able to reconnect my bank for downloading transactions. I eventually just closed my Stessa account and called it a day. I just wanted to give you guys a heads up.

  • Noah BaconPro Member
    OP
    Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 826 posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Yvette Fragile:

    Hi, @Noah Bacon!

    I'm already a Pro Stessa member and am slightly confused after reading through all of the comments here what exactly would be included on Stessa if I go Pro with BP. Are ALL Stessa Pro features included if I am BP Pro member? ZERO difference?

    We've been utilizing Stessa Pro for over two years and I don't want to lose any of our previous data. Stessa is getting ready to move from $20 per month to $35 per month unless you pay annually. If you pay annually cost will be $16 per month. I was getting ready to do this but if I can get ALL of the same features, not lose any previous data, AND get my BP Pro membership all for the $32.50 per month, I'm willing to do that.

    Who could I speak with to help me get the information that I need because I need to make a decision in the next two weeks before my annual payment to Stessa will be due.


     Hi Yvette!

    BiggerPockets Pro members get access to all Stessa core (free tier) functionality – plus unlock exclusive access to advanced features, like unlimited portfolios and Schedule of Real Estate Owned (SREO), all at no additional cost.

    If you use the same email address on your BiggerPockets account, you should not lose any data but there is more included in your current Stessa Pro account than switching over to BiggerPockets Pro. 

      • Member since 2019 · 112 posts · 19 votes
        2y

        @Noah Bacon

        I am already a Stessa Pro member, but I would also like to be a BigPocket Pro. Should I cancel my stessa pro and join BigPocket Pro instead? Any disadvantage?

      • Noah BaconPro Member
        OP
        Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 826 posts · 1k+ votes
        2y

        @Greg Soon BiggerPockets Pro members get access to all Stessa core (free tier) functionality – plus unlock exclusive access to advanced features, like unlimited portfolios and Schedule of Real Estate Owned (SREO), all at no additional cost. If you cancel your Stessa Pro account you will not have access to all of the Pro features with your BiggerPockets account. 

        Are there any features with the BiggerPockets Pro account that you have any questions about?

      • Member since 2023 · 1 post · 0 votes
        2y

        This was pretty confusing regarding "Core" Stessa features, BP should probably refer to it as "Essentials" package (free tier). I signed up for Bigger Pockets Pro hoping i'll be getting Stessa Pro which sounded like a fantastic deal to get both but I only get Essentials which doesn't meet my needs. So fyi folks, you get Stessa Essentials with BP Pro.

      • Greg TodrankPro Member
        Rental Property Investor · Bloomfield Hills, MI · Member since 2020 · 88 posts · 35 votes
        2y

        Has anyone had any issues accessing Stessa website from Win 11?  I just bought a new laptop for my bookkeeping and all I get is a spinning icon after login.  Stessa support has so far been unhelpful.

      • Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 0 votes
        2y
        Quote from @Noah Laker:

        Stessa is really an awesome system. Everything you need for asset management on small or medium portfolios without much frill. I recommend Stessa to all my retail clients. 


         Hi Noah,

        I have also been really happy with Stessa. What do you use for managing properties? I am wanting to manage maintenance requests but feel I am going to end up doing double entry between two systems.

        Thanks
        Brian

      • Real Estate Broker · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2021 · 516 posts · 408 votes
        2y
        Quote from @Brian M.:
        Quote from @Noah Laker:

        Stessa is really an awesome system. Everything you need for asset management on small or medium portfolios without much frill. I recommend Stessa to all my retail clients. 


         Hi Noah,

        I have also been really happy with Stessa. What do you use for managing properties? I am wanting to manage maintenance requests but feel I am going to end up doing double entry between two systems.

        Thanks
        Brian


         For our management portfolio we’re on Buildium. It’s more than the average investor needs though. Just use a spreadsheet if you’re dealing with <10 properties. 

      • Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 0 votes
        2y
        Quote from @Noah Laker:
        Quote from @Brian M.:
        Quote from @Noah Laker:

        Stessa is really an awesome system. Everything you need for asset management on small or medium portfolios without much frill. I recommend Stessa to all my retail clients. 


         Hi Noah,

        I have also been really happy with Stessa. What do you use for managing properties? I am wanting to manage maintenance requests but feel I am going to end up doing double entry between two systems.

        Thanks
        Brian


         For our management portfolio we’re on Buildium. It’s more than the average investor needs though. Just use a spreadsheet if you’re dealing with <10 properties. 

        Thanks Noah, 

        I'm under 10 units. I have been using Appsheet for other items and can create something I can send the tenants.
        Thanks
      • Rental Property Investor · Bow, NH · Member since 2016 · 216 posts · 185 votes
        2y

        @Noah Bacon

        Do you have contact info for them? My account was corrupted 6 months ago and can't talk to anyone other than a bot.

        Pretty terrible customer service....drove me to quickbooks....any discounts there?

      • Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 0 votes
        2y
        Quote from @Greg Todrank:

        Has anyone had any issues accessing Stessa website from Win 11?  I just bought a new laptop for my bookkeeping and all I get is a spinning icon after login.  Stessa support has so far been unhelpful.


        I have not had any issues with Stessa on Windows 11. I would try deleting my temporary internet files in your browser. Close and re-open the browser and try again.

      • Noah BaconPro Member
        OP
        Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 826 posts · 1k+ votes
        2y
        Quote from @Dan Thomas:

        @Noah Bacon

        Do you have contact info for them? My account was corrupted 6 months ago and can't talk to anyone other than a bot.

        Pretty terrible customer service....drove me to quickbooks....any discounts there?


         I am sorry to hear that, Dan. 

        You can find their contact information here.

      • Member since 2021 · 10 posts · 0 votes
        2y
        Quote from @Noah Bacon:

        @Greg Soon BiggerPockets Pro members get access to all Stessa core (free tier) functionality – plus unlock exclusive access to advanced features, like unlimited portfolios and Schedule of Real Estate Owned (SREO), all at no additional cost. If you cancel your Stessa Pro account you will not have access to all of the Pro features with your BiggerPockets account. 

        Are there any features with the BiggerPockets Pro account that you have any questions about?

        Hi Noah,

        I recently purchased a Stessa Pro account and was unaware of the collaboration between BP an Stessa. Is there any way to get BP pro account?

        Thanks for your help,

        Brian

      • Noah BaconPro Member
        OP
        Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 826 posts · 1k+ votes
        2y

        HI Brian,

        You can find BiggerPockets Pro Pricing here.

        If are a Stessa Pro User, there is no additional discount off of the BiggerPocket Pro account. 

        Apologies for any confusion!

      • Brusly, LA · Member since 2017 · 44 posts · 36 votes
        2y
        Quote from @Noah Bacon:

        Our Pro membership just got better!

        We are excited to announce a new Pro Partner - Stessa - who helps investors manage and optimize their portfolios. Stessa brings accounting, tenant screening, financial reporting and more into a single integrated platform built for investors, by investors.

        BiggerPockets Pro members will have access to all Stessa core functionality and advanced features, like unlimited portfolios and SREO, all at no additional cost.

        Learn More HERE 👈

        If you are not a Pro Member - upgrade today to take advantage of these benefits. Stessa is the perfect partner to help you start, scale and manage your portfolio. Take advantage today!

        The "Learn more HERE" link takes me back to the Bigger Pockets home page.
      • Noah BaconPro Member
        OP
        Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 826 posts · 1k+ votes
        2y

        Sorry for the confusion! It is updated now 😁

      • Rental Property Investor · San Francisco, CA · Member since 2016 · 22 posts · 6 votes
        2y

        Hi @Noah Bacon, trying to decide what PM software is best for us to track our investments. If we upgrade to PB Pro, does that include a Stessa Pro membership? 

        It just says "Pros get access to all Stessa core functionality – plus access to advanced features, like unlimited custom portfolios and chart history" but does not got over what that specifically includes.

        If anyone has insights on Stessa vs Buildium vs Appfolio I'd love some help. 

      • Noah BaconPro Member
        OP
        Property Manager · Lansdale, PA · Member since 2021 · 826 posts · 1k+ votes
        2y
        Quote from @Dylan Peters:

        Hi @Noah Bacon, trying to decide what PM software is best for us to track our investments. If we upgrade to PB Pro, does that include a Stessa Pro membership? 

        It just says "Pros get access to all Stessa core functionality – plus access to advanced features, like unlimited custom portfolios and chart history" but does not got over what that specifically includes.

        If anyone has insights on Stessa vs Buildium vs Appfolio I'd love some help. 


         Hi Dylan!

        BiggerPockets Pro Members receive access to the Free Stessa Plan plus some additional features like unlimited portfolios, unlimited chart history and Schedule of Real Estate Owned (SREO). If you’d like to upgrade to the benefits of our Stessa Pro plan, you will need to to pay for it separately from your BiggerPockets Pro Memberbship. 

      • Investor · Brooklyn, NY · Member since 2024 · 66 posts · 38 votes
        1y

        I’m honestly surprised that BiggerPockets would partner with a platform like Stessa without pushing them to fix some severe bugs first. While Stessa’s reports and analytics are undeniably helpful, the platform’s inability to consistently sync with financial institutions is a significant flaw. For me, the only thing that works seamlessly is the AppFolio integration, which updates every 6-12 hours without any issues. Everything else is a total nightmare, with frequent failed connections and endless re-linking hassles.

        What’s even more frustrating is that, despite being a premium-paying customer, I’ve been chatting with Christopher from Stessa’s support team for over seven weeks, and he has genuinely tried to help. But after all this time and effort, I still don’t have a proper syncing system. The ongoing issues are seriously impacting my financial tracking, and it’s disappointing, especially when other budgeting apps using third-party services seem to have no trouble with reliable syncing.

        I’ve been looking into alternatives like REIHub. Still, from what I can tell, there’s limited information on whether it syncs with AppFolio, which is a must for me since my property manager uses it. Has anyone successfully transitioned to REIHub and found it reliable, or does it also fall short?

        I’d love to know if BiggerPockets is working with Stessa to resolve these problems or if we’re expected to just put up with it. Given how important these features are for real estate investors, it’s frustrating that the integration isn’t as solid as it should be.

        I would appreciate hearing any insights from the community, mainly if someone has found a better solution for syncing AppFolio or handling portfolio loans more efficiently.

      • Ethan RossPro Member
        Rental Property Investor · North Carolina Triad · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 5 votes
        1y

        I signed up for the paid version of Stessa through biggerpockets only to encounter flaws in their software, connection issues that have been ongoing for 10+ months, and basic feature missing that leave me dumbfounded. 

        I'm pretty annoyed i was lead to this software through bigger pockets. i assumed they vetted the software WELL before partnering and presenting it to their members. 


        Stessa has ALOT of potential, BUT the execution is lacking and leaves me very frustrated. I've spent HOURS onboarding my properties and data manually.  I'm looking for alternative software. 

        If they cant fix their appfolio connection soon I'm jumping ship. 

      • Real Estate Investor · Eola, IL · Member since 2014 · 137 posts · 22 votes
        1y
        Anyone still using Stessa with more than 20 properties (LTR/STR mix) effectively?... inspite of all the connection issues with the financial institutions. Any other alternative to Stassa (low cost) with good income/expense tracking features?
      • Camille T.Pro Member
        Member since 2019 · 44 posts · 33 votes
        1y

        I'm having the same trouble with Stessa not integrating with App Folio.  The owner report from App Folio does load, but then it does not populate the categories.  If anyone has a solution for software integrating with App Folio, please share!  Thanks. 

      Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.