Blog Categories: I need a little help understanding

6 Replies

Okay, so I entered a number of different categories when I first set up my blog.  At that point I guess I was assuming that I would be applying one or more of those to each of individual posts, however that clearly is not the case. Okay, so now I'm wondering what exactly happens when you select multiple categories like that.

Thanks for your help! @Joshua Dorkin , maybe this is a question for you?

Hey @Stacey Olson  - I'm actually not sure what you are talking about  :) I don't see any options for categories anywhere... where did you see this at? it might be an old page or something, so any thing you can help me out with would be great! 

@Brandon Turner : Home>blog>blog categories

and then when you click on blog categories (in a drop down menu along with "view my blog," "write a post," etc.) you get the option to create new categories.  I'm just not sure what happens with the categories once you have created them.

Hope that helps clarify.

Thanks for your help!

Ahhah! You did find a bug ;) Thanks! Can't believe I never noticed that. It's a part of the site we used years ago but killed. Must have fell through the cracks on the redesign. So ignore it, I guess! That will be gone by tomorrow. 

Thanks! You rock! 

right on :-) Happy to help.

So, in terms of blogs and categories, are individual blogs categorized at all or it's just a matter of searching to see if there is one on your topic?

Thank you!

Yeah, they currently are not really categorized at all, but people can "Search" for specific topics in the Nav Bar

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Join the Largest Real Estate Investing Community

Basic membership is free, forever.