Nicholas DeLouisa Jr
  • Massapequa, NY
Votes |
Question about posting ...

Nicholas DeLouisa Jr
  • Massapequa, NY
Posted Aug 1 2014, 12:56

Hi everyone,

Is it ok to post something that isn't a question?

I found the blog button last night, and thought it was a place for random thoughts, like a blog in the outside world.  I wrote a fairly long piece and posted it.  When I went to check it out, I noticed that the blog page is a place for serious discussion, and I regretted trying to post it before actually going to the blog page; in fact I didn't know there was a central blogging page (but it didn't get published so that's good :-).  My topic was simply about how it feels to be a beginner, no real actionable advice.  It might fall under the category of motivational (more likely cheerleading, though, I suppose), but certainly doesn't belong on the BP blog page.

So, I was just wondering if it was appropriate to post ideas and thoughts that may resonate with others on here, especially those as green as myself.  I don't have a lot of people with whom to discuss this stuff, and I like to write, so it kind of appeals to me to be able to share thoughts and ideas in this manner.  Perhaps in the "Off Topic" section?  Or the "Investor Psychology" section?

If it is not appropriate, I will certainly refrain.  I understand this is serious business and people may not want the forums bogged down with topics not directly related to the everyday actions and functions of building their real estate empires.

Any opinions are welcome.

Thank you.

-Nick

Loading replies...