anti-Duplicate private messages system

3 Replies

My standard response to colleague requests without a message attached is exactly the same (I thank my new colleague and then ask how they propose we begin "colleaguing" ;)), however it did bring up the anti spam message. If I just change a few characters in this message when handling multiple requests one after another, will this avoid this problem?

WARNING: It looks like you sent that exact same message before! Although your message was successfully sent, remember that sending any future duplicate messages, ads, or solicitations messages via our messaging and colleague system is prohibited. Please be aware that doing so is grounds for a ban from your messaging privileges on our site. Another duplicate message may cause your private message abilities to be suspended. Thank you for your understanding.

Yes. Include the persons name or something. (coming from a guy that received one of your snarky responses.....) Most of my requests come without a message unless there is an immediate question or something that I need to address. Most of the people I am colleagues with are people that I've either enjoyed reading their responses or answering their questions. Just my 0.02 but one guy who sent me a blank request has become a great friend. He gave me the name of his banker and insurance guy. If it weren't for that relationship I wouldn't have just closed on my first two rentals and jump started my REI career.

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

Lock We hate spam just as much as you

Create Lasting Wealth Through Real Estate

Join the millions of people achieving financial freedom through the power of real estate investing

Start here