anti-Duplicate private messages system

anti-Duplicate private messages system

Real Estate Investor · Palatine, IL · Member since 2014 · 102 posts · 22 votes

My standard response to colleague requests without a message attached is exactly the same (I thank my new colleague and then ask how they propose we begin "colleaguing" ;)), however it did bring up the anti spam message. If I just change a few characters in this message when handling multiple requests one after another, will this avoid this problem?

WARNING: It looks like you sent that exact same message before! Although your message was successfully sent, remember that sending any future duplicate messages, ads, or solicitations messages via our messaging and colleague system is prohibited. Please be aware that doing so is grounds for a ban from your messaging privileges on our site. Another duplicate message may cause your private message abilities to be suspended. Thank you for your understanding.

0Reply
7 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joshua D.Pro Member
    BiggerPockets Founder · HI · Member since 2008 · 16k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    11y

    @Max M. - We have systems in place to detect spam and you would definitely trigger our filters.  Make your responses unique to ensure delivery.

  • Real Estate Broker · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2014 · 3k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    11y

    Yes. Include the persons name or something. (coming from a guy that received one of your snarky responses.....) Most of my requests come without a message unless there is an immediate question or something that I need to address. Most of the people I am colleagues with are people that I've either enjoyed reading their responses or answering their questions. Just my 0.02 but one guy who sent me a blank request has become a great friend. He gave me the name of his banker and insurance guy. If it weren't for that relationship I wouldn't have just closed on my first two rentals and jump started my REI career.

  • Real Estate Investor · Palatine, IL · Member since 2014 · 102 posts · 22 votes
    11y

    @Ryan Dossey  Agreed! BUT I WASN'T BEING SNARKY! I SWEAR!

    #mightactuallybesnarkybutcantproveiteitherway

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.