Why are there no Real Estate Meetups in NYC?

Why are there no Real Estate Meetups in NYC?

New to Real Estate · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 6 votes

  Good day to all.  Why dont we have more Real Estate meet up groups in NYC?  How could I go about organizing one?  Would anyone else be willing to go in on this with me?  Thoughts? Comments?  Concerns?  Any advice, information would be beneficial

Drew

1Reply
22 views

Most Popular Reply

Darren SagerPro Member
Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
10y

@Andrew Powell-Sampellegrini and @Robert Fullum we do host them every month or so depending upon when we can get the space.  We were going to have one in November however the place we were using will not allow us to have the space anymore, probably because we overloaded the amount of people allowed in it.   Still our next one is planned for December 10.  We'll have another guest speaker coming in.   Send me a colleague request so you'll get an invite when I post it.

See this reply in the discussion

14 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    10y

    I believe @Darren Sager hosts one. I'm not sure the frequency, though.

  • New to Real Estate · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    10y

    @mindy Jenson thankyou so much!  Ill look into it.  But I noticed there isn't one that happens often.  Ill check it out!

  • Astoria, NY · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    @Andrew Powell-Sampellegrini I checked out your profile and seem to have some things in common. I'm nearby in Astoria and i'm deep into the research phase of looking to invest, probably away from the NYC area. 

    Perhaps we should put together our own meetup for NYC investors who are in similar positions, or have gone through it already? 

  • New to Real Estate · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Robert Fullum:

    @Andrew Powell-Sampellegrini I checked out your profile and seem to have some things in common. I'm nearby in Astoria and i'm deep into the research phase of looking to invest, probably away from the NYC area. 

    Perhaps we should put together our own meetup for NYC investors who are in similar positions, or have gone through it already? 

    Lets do it.  Im completly open to doing that.  It's time to connect with like minded people and brainstorm ideas and network and build our real estate conglomerates...

  • Darren SagerPro Member
    Investor · Tampa, FL · Member since 2013 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    @Andrew Powell-Sampellegrini and @Robert Fullum we do host them every month or so depending upon when we can get the space.  We were going to have one in November however the place we were using will not allow us to have the space anymore, probably because we overloaded the amount of people allowed in it.   Still our next one is planned for December 10.  We'll have another guest speaker coming in.   Send me a colleague request so you'll get an invite when I post it.

  • Astoria, NY · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    @Darren Sager Thanks for the Meetup info. Fingers crossed my work schedule that week is conducive to the meetup.

  • Ronan M.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2015 · 352 posts · 281 votes
    10y

    The parking is too expensive.

    The parking spaces are too small for our vans and pick ups.

  • Investor · Corona, CA · Member since 2014 · 746 posts · 372 votes
    10y

    Look on MeetUp.com there is a big real estate investing networking group that meets up quite frequently. I've been to a few and there is always a big turnout, major players.

    I believe it's NY REIA.

  • Homeowner · Rosedale, NY · Member since 2013 · 37 posts · 4 votes
    10y

    I've been to a few meetups in NYC but none recently, please let me when you plan on having the next

     @Robert Fullum @Darren Sager

    @Andrew Powell-Sampellegrini

  • Astoria, NY · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    It looks like next week i'm working the early shift, so i'm free most afternoons/evenings. Or the weekend. Friday is no good, though. The week after that my schedules start getting more difficult to work around.

  • Investor · Corona, CA · Member since 2014 · 746 posts · 372 votes
    10y

    This is what I was referencing:

    http://www.meetup.com/new-york-real-estate-investo...

    I have been to their meetups and they are great--excellent turnout and networking/learning.

  • New to Real Estate · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Jacqueline Carrington:

    Look on MeetUp.com there is a big real estate investing networking group that meets up quite frequently. I've been to a few and there is always a big turnout, major players.

    I believe it's NY REIA.

     I did see that!  Thank you I was looking into it myself on there.  But we are bigger pockets!  We should be killing it with meet ups on here especially the most populated city in the Nation!

    Drew

  • Real Estate Investor · Burien, WA · Member since 2014 · 286 posts · 98 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Andrew Powell-Sampellegrini:
    Originally posted by @Jacqueline Carrington:

    Look on MeetUp.com there is a big real estate investing networking group that meets up quite frequently. I've been to a few and there is always a big turnout, major players.

    I believe it's NY REIA.

     I did see that!  Thank you I was looking into it myself on there.  But we are bigger pockets!  We should be killing it with meet ups on here especially the most populated city in the Nation!

    Drew

    Hey Andrew, I suggest you start your own community meetup. Me and a few cohorts started one here in the Seattle Area. We hold 3 different meeting throughout the region and have 30-60 BP members show at every meeting. We almost have 300 members in our group of all levels and niches of investing. Its amazing!!! Its purely getting together for some networking, food and drinks.....No Gurus, No Pitching, and that's been quite a successful model. People love it!!! 

    Kevin

  • New to Real Estate · Virginia Beach, VA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 6 votes
    10y
    Originally posted by @Kevin C.:
    Originally posted by @Andrew Powell-Sampellegrini:
    Originally posted by @Jacqueline Carrington:

    Look on MeetUp.com there is a big real estate investing networking group that meets up quite frequently. I've been to a few and there is always a big turnout, major players.

    I believe it's NY REIA.

     I did see that!  Thank you I was looking into it myself on there.  But we are bigger pockets!  We should be killing it with meet ups on here especially the most populated city in the Nation!

    Drew

    Hey Andrew, I suggest you start your own community meetup. Me and a few cohorts started one here in the Seattle Area. We hold 3 different meeting throughout the region and have 30-60 BP members show at every meeting. We almost have 300 members in our group of all levels and niches of investing. Its amazing!!! Its purely getting together for some networking, food and drinks.....No Gurus, No Pitching, and that's been quite a successful model. People love it!!! 

    Kevin

     Its something I want to do!  It's in the mental stages I would say!  But thankyou for the suggestion!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.