BiggerPockets Video/Blog Request: Chronicle Deals As They Happen

BiggerPockets Video/Blog Request: Chronicle Deals As They Happen

Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 108 posts · 33 votes

Hey guys, first off, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post a suggestion. Sorry if it's not!

BiggerPockets is an amazing resource and I'm truly thankful for everything you guys do. However, I think a great idea for some BiggerPockets videos would be showing an actual deal happening in progress from Josh, Brandon or others. For an example of what I'm talking about, this guy has some great videos showing him making actual phone calls to real motivated sellers: 

The tutorials, books and podcast are amazing, and if you guys have already done these kind of videos/blogs let me know... but I think videos/blogs chronicling every detail of real deals as they're in progress from start to finish that you guys are working on would be extremely educational.

It would be so awesome to watch a series of videos/podcasts or a series of articles/blogs where Josh or Brandon are detailing every step of the process in a deal that they're currently working on. Or, even, what about Josh or Brandon calling a motivated seller like the video linked above?

Again, with everything BP has done this kind of stuff might already exist, but I just wanted to say that I've found the best real estate education has come from reading/watching/hearing from others as they're in progress working on current deals.

Just sharing my thoughts. Thanks for everything guys.

0Reply
6 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Brandon TurnerPro Member
    Investor · Maui, HI · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    10y

    Hey @Chris M.- I do like the idea, and hope to actually do more of this in the future. It does take a fair amount of work to pull something amazing off (because real estate is 99% boring paperwork and 1% action... so it's hard to capture the action on video/audio unless it's "fake" like TV shows.) There are some "Deal Diaries" here on the BP Forums that people share their progress, in text format.  here's that: https://www.biggerpockets.com/forums/522-investor-...

    thanks!

  • Portland, OR · Member since 2016 · 108 posts · 33 votes
    10y

    Hey, @Brandon Turner, honored that you replied to my topic!

    Thank you very much for the link to the Investor Deal Diaries... I'll absolutely be looking through those, this is fantastic. 

    Definitely understand what you mean about it being mostly paperwork... but what about a mini-vlog series by you or Josh where you update the audience, show the paperwork, record the phone calls with the seller, show us the progress of the property etc?

    Essentially, I'd love to see one of these Investor Deal Diaries from you guys, the hosts, in a vlog format if possible.

    Not that you guys don't have enough going on already, but I think a lot of people would find it incredibly valuable because both you and Josh are great teachers and are excellent at making the process of real estate investing clear and more understandable.

    In any case, thanks again for the link, Brandon, and keep up the great work. Hope to have the pleasure of meeting you and Josh one day at a BiggerPockets meetup.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.