"Tagging" or @Mentions NOW Live on the BiggerPockets App!!!

"Tagging" or @Mentions NOW Live on the BiggerPockets App!!!

Mindy JensenPro Member
BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host 路 Longmont, CO 路 Member since 2014 路 7k+ posts 路 10k+ votes

One of the most frequent requests for the BiggerPockets App is to add the "tagging" or @mention feature. 

That day has come!!!

Now, on both iOS and Android, you can tag people as you type!

Type @? to get a list of people who have already commented on the thread, or tag your colleagues to bring them into the conversation by typing @ followed by their name.

Please make sure to update your Android app to the latest version - this is a new feature.

10Reply
140 views

Most Popular Reply

James MasottiPro Member
Rental Property Investor 路 Washington Township, NJ 路 Member since 2015 路 1k+ posts 路 976 votes
9y

Fantastic news! Looking forward to more BiggerPockets features ::cough::PropertyCalculators::cough:: being added into the app as well!

See this reply in the discussion

46 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • James MasottiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor 路 Washington Township, NJ 路 Member since 2015 路 1k+ posts 路 976 votes
    9y

    Fantastic news! Looking forward to more BiggerPockets features ::cough::PropertyCalculators::cough:: being added into the app as well!

  • Russell BrazilBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Agent 路 Washington, D.C. 路 Member since 2012 路 17k+ posts 路 30k+ votes
    9y

    This request has been made so often and for so long.....Im wondering if it is a bad omen that it is finally here. Is the housing market now going to collapse?

  • RE Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 119 posts 路 18 votes
    9y

    Now if we can only get that iPad app.... :-)

  • RE Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 119 posts 路 18 votes
    9y

    @Mindy Jensen,

    Just looked on my iphone app and it looks like its not available yet for iOS. Last version update was 3.5.1 on 10/19/2016.

  • Topeka, KS 路 Member since 2014 路 51 posts 路 29 votes
    9y
    Mindy Jensen Awesome! Looks like it works from my iPhone
  • Fort Walton Beach, FL 路 Member since 2017 路 38 posts 路 28 votes
    9y
    @Mindy Jensen Thank you, you have been a godsend in getting this handled quickly and professionally!
  • RE Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 119 posts 路 18 votes
    9y

    Still doesnt work for me on iOS. How is everyone updating the app? I see no update waiting in the app store.

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host 路 Longmont, CO 路 Member since 2014 路 7k+ posts 路 10k+ votes
    9y

    @John Dombrowski , I used a coworker's iOS phone and was able to use the tagging feature.

    Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall? 

  • RE Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 119 posts 路 18 votes
    9y
    Mindy Jensen , Well the @? thing doesn't work but when I typed @M it pulled your name up. Doesn't work exactly like on the computer.
  • RE Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 119 posts 路 18 votes
    9y
    Didn't seem to tag you though when I sent it.
  • RE Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 119 posts 路 18 votes
    9y
    I reinstalled also btw but no change.
  • RE Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 119 posts 路 18 votes
    9y

    @Mindy Jensen,

    Looks like it's working now. 馃槃

  • RE Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 119 posts 路 18 votes
    9y
    @? I take that back. I was on the webpage on my phone. I still can't get it to work on this app. You can see the @? at the beginning of this reply and nothing came up.
  • Investor/Realtor 路 Hoover, AL 路 Member since 2010 路 1k+ posts 路 459 votes
    9y

    Thx BP!

  • Austin, TX 路 Member since 2017 路 30 posts 路 26 votes
    9y

    There is a Biggerpockets app what? I don't believe it!

  • Rental Property Investor 路 Grand Rapids, MI 路 Member since 2017 路 113 posts 路 91 votes
    9y

    I second @James Masotti  ::Cough::!!

  • RE Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 119 posts 路 18 votes
    9y

    @Mindy Jensen,

    This still doesnt work on my iPhone. Is there a new version of the app that needs to be installed because there is nothing in the app store for an update for this app.

  • RE Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 119 posts 路 18 votes
    9y

    @Dustin Hawks,

    You mentioned this works now on your iPhone. Can you look and tell me what version of biggerpockets you have? I still cant get it to work on my iPhone 7 and my BP app version shows the last update is from Oct. 2016 and there is no new version waiting to update in the app store.

    Thanks....JD

  • Topeka, KS 路 Member since 2014 路 51 posts 路 29 votes
    9y
    John Dombrowski I don't know how to find what version of the BP app I have downloaded. I have an iPhone 6+ that I purchased in December 2016. It seems like it is clunky sometimes but I blame that on my phone or service provider. I could be wrong. I don't think that helped much!
  • RE Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 119 posts 路 18 votes
    9y

    @Dustin Hawks,

    if you go to the app store on your phone and search for biggerpockets it will say in the app description when the last update was.

  • Topeka, KS 路 Member since 2014 路 51 posts 路 29 votes
    9y
    John Dombrowski I have version 3.5.1 which was updated oct 2016. I just tried to update it and it just says open. I'm not a techie!
  • RE Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 119 posts 路 18 votes
    9y

    @Dustin Hawks, @Mindy Jensen,

    Yeah that's the same version I have so there hasn't been any new updates to the app but I am still wondering how the new @? works for you but it doesn't work for me. Makes no sense. I have rebooted my phone and deleted and re-downloaded the app but it still won't work when I try to reply to a post. Hmmmm.

  • Topeka, KS 路 Member since 2014 路 51 posts 路 29 votes
    9y
    John Dombrowski unless I'm missing something it shows a perfectly on my phone as you tag people
  • RE Investor 路 San Diego, CA 路 Member since 2015 路 119 posts 路 18 votes
    9y

    Hmmm, doesnt work on mine. When I type @? nothing shows up.

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    OP
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host 路 Longmont, CO 路 Member since 2014 路 7k+ posts 路 10k+ votes
    9y

    @John Dombrowski , I'm on Android, but I borrowed an iPhone and it's working for me. 

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.