Podcast #230 with Seth Mosely - Investing on the side...

Podcast #230 with Seth Mosely - Investing on the side...

Mindy JensenPro Member
BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes

Starting off in real estate can be tricky. You can't quit your job to invest until you're making enough to live off of, right? But it can be tough to find the time to invest while you're working full time...

Episode 230's Seth Mosely shows you that you CAN invest part time - and still make money doing it.

Listen here or download with your favorite podcast-listening app.

5Reply
20 views

Most Popular Reply

Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
9y

Just listened to it and I really enjoyed it!  

The best takeaways for me was the H.U.S.T.L.E. acronym (gotta listen to learn this!) and the advice of - if you wouldn't buy it all over again today, consider selling it.   So applicable to this market we are in.  I just sold one the other day.

Seth is a cool guy and fun to listen to.

Thanks for another great show!

See this reply in the discussion

21 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · East Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 16k+ votes
    9y

    Just listened to it and I really enjoyed it!  

    The best takeaways for me was the H.U.S.T.L.E. acronym (gotta listen to learn this!) and the advice of - if you wouldn't buy it all over again today, consider selling it.   So applicable to this market we are in.  I just sold one the other day.

    Seth is a cool guy and fun to listen to.

    Thanks for another great show!

  • Real Estate Agent · Chatsworth, CA · Member since 2016 · 112 posts · 72 votes
    9y
    Awesome show! I preach to my 16 year old, if/when he makes money on his YouTube channel, it would be smart to reinvest those gains back into real estate investing. If he starts now, imagine where he could be by my age (32)? All this to say, I love that Seth is a Grammy winner, but it doesn't stop there! It's a great example for others, not to put all your eggs in one basket, spread it out and continuing growing exponentially.
  • Ridgefield, CT · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 60 votes
    9y

    Loved this Podcast ...Having a full time job as a veterinarian ...I got some great real world advice from this Podcast!

    Can anyone clarify....

    Mention of a "Form" on BP forum which lays out criteria, investor can set.. ex( cap rate, cash on cash, Debt ratio...etc..etc)...and give to a Virtual assistant to select properties... 

    Can you elaborate? were is the form / link?       Which is the best Virtual assistant / any feedback?

    Any advice on how I can get the property manager of a specific property I am interested in?   To get ideas about local area, and specific properties in area?

    Thanks for your feedback.

    A. Frishman

  • Ridgefield, CT · Member since 2017 · 101 posts · 60 votes
    9y

    Typo...."How do I get in touch/ find the property managers.... managing specific properties I have identified.

  • Frisco, TX · Member since 2016 · 9 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Pretty good ideas for people starting the same way. Accidental landlord to hey I think I can do another one. Very smart getting the process down and then also getting good people.
  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 293 posts · 109 votes
    9y
    Listened to it on my drive home from Tucson, where I spent the afternoon looking at properties, with an agent I met on BP!! This community is AWESOME!!
  • Real Estate Agent · San Diego, CA · Member since 2015 · 293 posts · 109 votes
    9y
    Benjamin Riehle sorry Ben, should have tagged you, and Scott as well.
  • Investor · Fairhaven, MA · Member since 2016 · 100 posts · 88 votes
    9y
    Great episode on how real estate doesn't have to be a full time job! Thanks for having such a variety of angles in the BP podcast.
  • Rental Property Investor · Thousand Oaks, CA · Member since 2017 · 147 posts · 48 votes
    9y
    Andrew Frishman You might want to reach out to a good realtor and have them send you properties you can review and mark the ones down you might be interested in. Interview a handful of property managers and go with the one that will suit your needs and fulfill your goals. Keep in mind costs, reputation, and availability they are going to have with you.
  • Real Estate Investor · Pittsfield, MA · Member since 2014 · 31 posts · 2 votes
    9y
    Great show
  • Accountant · Greensboro, NC · Member since 2016 · 16 posts · 6 votes
    9y

    Loved the show!! 

  • Investor / Real Estate Agent · Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2015 · 324 posts · 157 votes
    9y

    I am a little behind on the Podcasts however this one does seem that it will have great info and relate to me as I invest as a Side Hustle. 

  • Arlington, WA · Member since 2017 · 7 posts · 1 vote
    9y

    I liked it, it was a fun listen and very informative as well as inspiring! And I loved the H.U.S.T.L.E. acronym. I am very interested in learning more about systems, what people are using to make their day to day easier.

  • Rental Property Investor · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2017 · 114 posts · 108 votes
    9y
    This was a great show with info that is very fitting for my situation, and i am sure so many others. Thanks for always providing great resources to teach the community.
  • Anthony GaydenPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    9y
    Mindy Jensen Great podcast as always. Very interesting things in there for those of us with demanding full time careers who don't necessarily want to go 100% into real estate.
  • Tempe, AZ · Member since 2016 · 2 posts · 1 vote
    9y
    Loved this episode! Seth is the man. He inspired me very much. I am a musician as well. Not as successful, but am wanting to use investing as a way to build a studio and rentable practice spaces. Thanks BP! This is the greatest website/podcast/app in the world.
  • Highlands, NJ · Member since 2016 · 52 posts · 9 votes
    9y

    Great podcast!

    Never put all your eggs in one basket!

  • Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2017 · 1 post · 1 vote
    9y

    This is my fist BP comment, I've been following the podcast for the last 3 months...like always the content is great.  

    My takeaways: 

    1) If your not happy with the purchase get rid off it - I haven't experienced this yet (1 multi-family purchase under my belt) but I think it's great advice.  

    2) Delegate and have processes in place - growth area, I need to start creating processes now so that I can manage better later. 

    Action items: 

    1) Identify purchase criteria - I didn't work the numbers on a fancy spreadsheet when I purchased my triplex...I kind of just listed to my gut.  I just knew, the rents would cover the mortgage and utility bills...didn't calculate all the extra maintenance cost...that being said, I can see how having a purchasing criteria can make decision making much easier.

    2) Create a google drive with financial docs. (this is part of having a streamlined process in place) - GENIUS - DONE. 

    3) Download Sample Checklist Manifesto - I start by downloading the samples and ordering only if I can take away actionable items. 

    Thank you! Gracias! For such great content.

  • San Diego, CA · Member since 2017 · 78 posts · 42 votes
    9y

    Thanks for sharing! Definitely some good advice for balancing full-time work with investing

  • Contractor · Central Valley, CA · Member since 2019 · 8 posts · 2 votes
    6y

    @Mindy Jensen

    Great episode I just listened to it

    Inspiring and energized

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.