Not sure why I was banned from messaging

Not sure why I was banned from messaging

Residential Real Estate Broker · Morgan Hill, CA · Member since 2015 · 79 posts · 65 votes

I was in the middle of connecting with folks that biggerpockets found I was also friends with on Facebook. After the second person, I got the error that I was banned from messaging. Not sure what is up, but please remove the ban. Of course, if I was a bad boy, just let me know what I got up to that caused the issue.

1Reply
255 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael S.Pro Member
Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y

@BJ Ralphs

I got the PM ban lifted off your account. You can now send messages.

Please make sure to not copy/paste your messages and you should be good. 

BiggerPockets
See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Chad C.:
    Quote from @Michael S.:
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Please lift my ban, I am no able to post after copy and pasting my post from my notes app.

    Please send us an email to [email protected] so we can check your account.

    hi, Can you help me take a look my account too? Not sure what I did wrong, but it appears I am not able to start a post for questions, but looks like I can answer post fine.  Thanks!!


     Hey Chad,

    Please email [email protected] so we can help you out with your account.

    BiggerPockets
  • New to Real Estate · NV · Member since 2020 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Hello @Mindy Jensen,

    I cannot post new messages in the Forum or use messaging.

    I get the below pop-up message

    "You are banned or banned from interacting?"

    Can you please unblock my account?

    Best,

    Johnny

  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Johnny NA:

    Hello @Mindy Jensen,

    I cannot post new messages in the Forum or use messaging.

    I get the below pop-up message

    "You are banned or banned from interacting?"

    Can you please unblock my account?

    Best,

    Johnny

    Hey Johnny,

    Please email [email protected] so we can help you out with your account.


    BiggerPockets
  • Investor · California/Portugal (Porto) · Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    1y
    Hello! I also was banned. Can you please lift it?? I copied and pasted 1 message to respond to 2 of the same type post/question :/
  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Hanh Na:
    Hello! I also was banned. Can you please lift it?? I copied and pasted 1 message to respond to 2 of the same type post/question :/

     You should be all set. You should be able to message now.

    BiggerPockets
  • Specialist · Member since 2025 · 52 posts · 10 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Mindy Jensen:

    Hi  @Robert Whitelaw . I looked into your account,  and it is just as I suspected. Our site is RIDICULOUSLY sensitive to spam. No, you weren't spamming, but the system doesn't actually read the messages, it just reviews them. Copying and pasting the same message will make my site made at you, and it will ban you automatically. 

    I've lifted the ban, you are free to continue to send messages. Personalizing your message to the individual recipient is the best way to avoid this.

    Dear Mindy, 
    kindly i need the ban to be waived also please, 
    i had no idea about the copy/paste detection, 
    so kindly if you can to waive this ban and i’ll stick to the rules.
    thanks in advance for your kindly support.
    @Mindy Jensen

  • Specialist · Member since 2025 · 52 posts · 10 votes
    1y
    Quote from @Michael S.:
    Quote from @Hanh Na:
    Hello! I also was banned. Can you please lift it?? I copied and pasted 1 message to respond to 2 of the same type post/question :/

     You should be all set. You should be able to message now.

     Dear Michael,

    Can i have your support please to lift the ban, i had no idea regarding the copy/paste detection,

    So if it’s possible to lift the ban. Although when ever i send email to the email address you type it gets rejected.

    Best regards and thanks in advance for your support  

    @Michael S.

  • Member since 2025 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    1y

    Hi, I was banned as well. What should I do?

  • Member since 2025 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    1y

    Reach out to BP contact us via email and let them know about your situation. They're quick in their response times. 

  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Or Uzi:

    Hi, I was banned as well. What should I do?


     You should be all set. You can now send messages.

    BiggerPockets
  • Member since 2025 · 11 posts · 6 votes
    1y

    Thank you! :)

  • New to Real Estate · San Diego · Member since 2025 · 1 post · 0 votes
    1y

    Could someone reset my profile too? I get the "You are banned or banned from interacting". I'm a newbie to BiggerPockets and I've not even made my 1st post yet! :(

  • Lender · Member since 2025 · 17 posts · 16 votes
    1y

    I did not realize copying and pasting messages to connect with/DM people was against BP rules. Is there a way to get my account unbanned so I can continue messaging and interacting with people? I understand there should be no self promoting for DMs.

  • Realtor and Investor · Leawood, KS · Member since 2015 · 166 posts · 78 votes
    1y

    @Michael S.

    Hi Michael!

    I also received a message telling that I was banned for messaging. Can you please help me too.

    Thanks in advance!

    -Edward

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.