Not sure why I was banned from messaging

Not sure why I was banned from messaging

Residential Real Estate Broker · Morgan Hill, CA · Member since 2015 · 79 posts · 65 votes

I was in the middle of connecting with folks that biggerpockets found I was also friends with on Facebook. After the second person, I got the error that I was banned from messaging. Not sure what is up, but please remove the ban. Of course, if I was a bad boy, just let me know what I got up to that caused the issue.

1Reply
311 views

Most Popular Reply

Michael S.Pro Member
Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
7y

@BJ Ralphs

I got the PM ban lifted off your account. You can now send messages.

Please make sure to not copy/paste your messages and you should be good. 

BiggerPockets
See this reply in the discussion

41 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    8y

    Hi  @Robert Whitelaw . I looked into your account,  and it is just as I suspected. Our site is RIDICULOUSLY sensitive to spam. No, you weren't spamming, but the system doesn't actually read the messages, it just reviews them. Copying and pasting the same message will make my site made at you, and it will ban you automatically. 

    I've lifted the ban, you are free to continue to send messages. Personalizing your message to the individual recipient is the best way to avoid this.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Morgan Hill, CA · Member since 2015 · 79 posts · 65 votes
    8y

    Ah, ok. Since they were all Facebook folks I just went with the same basic invite. Thanks for clarifying.

    I guess it takes a little while for the fix to propagate... still getting the banned error when I go to my inbox.

    R

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Morgan Hill, CA · Member since 2015 · 79 posts · 65 votes
    8y

    Hi Mindy,

    Its been a little over an hour and I still get the banned message when I go to my inbox. 

    R

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Huntington Beach, CA · Member since 2017 · 42 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    I've been spam banned too. - So sad. Please help. 

  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    7y

    @BJ Ralphs

    I got the PM ban lifted off your account. You can now send messages.

    Please make sure to not copy/paste your messages and you should be good. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Real Estate Consultant · new york, NY · Member since 2019 · 34 posts · 28 votes
    7y

    Please lift my ban as well. Wasn't aware of the whole copy paste situation. On a separate note, I do work in IT and could take a look at fine tuning your spam filter if you are interested.

  • Investor · Whittier, CA · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y
  • Lender · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2016 · 141 posts · 71 votes
    5y

    @Mindy Jensen please lift my ban, also please let me know how to avoid this I did not copy the same message 

    • Mindy JensenPro Member
      BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
      5y
      Originally posted by @Jacob Trogan:

      @Mindy Jensen please lift my ban, also please let me know how to avoid this I did not copy the same message 

      Hi @Jacob Trogan. Our Private Message system rules do not allow solicitation. If you were you promoting your services to our members, the site will auto-ban you, too.

      It appears that your ban has been lifted. If you continue to experience difficulties, please email our support department at [email protected]

  • Investor · Broken Arrow, OK · Member since 2016 · 210 posts · 314 votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Michael S.:

    @BJ Ralphs

    I got the PM ban lifted off your account. You can now send messages.

    Please make sure to not copy/paste your messages and you should be good. 

    Michael, I just got banned for "Spamming" which I'm not even quite sure what that means.  I sent a few "connection" requests out this morning, but did not do any copy/paste nor did I link to any websites..  Can you help me out here?  Thanks.

  • Property Manager · Cincinnati, OH · Member since 2017 · 63 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    Hi Mindy, my account has been banned from messaging as well. Please let me know how can I remove it and what did I do wrong so that I won't do it again. Thank you.

  • Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2022 · 4 posts · 1 vote
    4y
    Quote from @Mindy Jensen:

    Hi  @Robert Whitelaw . I looked into your account,  and it is just as I suspected. Our site is RIDICULOUSLY sensitive to spam. No, you weren't spamming, but the system doesn't actually read the messages, it just reviews them. Copying and pasting the same message will make my site made at you, and it will ban you automatically. 

    I've lifted the ban, you are free to continue to send messages. Personalizing your message to the individual recipient is the best way to avoid this.

    Hey, something happened to me. I'm new, only been with you guys for a couple days; I connected with a couple people and then boom.. I received a banned message in red. could you help me @Mindy Jensen . 

  • Mindy JensenPro Member
    BiggerPockets Money Podcast Host · Longmont, CO · Member since 2014 · 7k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    4y
    Hi there Shawn. 
    We don't allow advertising or deal making in our Private Message System, so that could be the issue. 
    Also, our system is SUPER sensitive to spam, so if you're copying and pasting the same message, the system will automatically ban you itself.
    You can reach out to our Support Staff by emailing [email protected] and they can look into this for you.
  • Investor · Phoenix Az · Member since 2021 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    4y

    i got banned too... smh... Im just trying to network and provide some value

  • Investor · Hillsborough, NH · Member since 2015 · 137 posts · 126 votes
    3y

    @Mindy Jensen it seems that my messages are inaccessible as well for some reason

  • Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    I have been banned too. I didn't know about the copy and paste rule. Could someone please help me and unban me? Moving forward since I know the rules I will not copy and paste. I was just trying to connect and add value. 

  • Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    @Mindy Jensen Could you please help me and unban me too? Thank you in advance and I appreciate you.

  • Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    @Michael S. Could you please unban me too? 

  • Investor · Austin, TX · Member since 2015 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Michael S.:

    @BJ Ralphs

    I got the PM ban lifted off your account. You can now send messages.

    Please make sure to not copy/paste your messages and you should be good. 


    Same problem as above. I’ve been banned. Possible to help with this? 

  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Eric Clifft:
    Quote from @Michael S.:

    @BJ Ralphs

    I got the PM ban lifted off your account. You can now send messages.

    Please make sure to not copy/paste your messages and you should be good. 


    Same problem as above. I’ve been banned. Possible to help with this? 

    You should be all set. I got the ban lifted. 

    BiggerPockets
  • Member since 2023 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    2y

    I also got banned from posting but I am not sure why.

  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @James Ramadan:

    I also got banned from posting but I am not sure why.


     Please send us an email to [email protected] so we can check your account.

    BiggerPockets
  • Member since 2024 · 1 post · 0 votes
    2y

    Please lift my ban, I am no able to post after copy and pasting my post from my notes app.

  • Michael S.Pro Member
    Biggerpockets Support · Las Pinas, Metro Manila · Member since 2015 · 7k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Please lift my ban, I am no able to post after copy and pasting my post from my notes app.

    Please send us an email to [email protected] so we can check your account.
    BiggerPockets
  • Member since 2024 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Mindy Jensen:

    Hi  @Robert Whitelaw . I looked into your account,  and it is just as I suspected. Our site is RIDICULOUSLY sensitive to spam. No, you weren't spamming, but the system doesn't actually read the messages, it just reviews them. Copying and pasting the same message will make my site made at you, and it will ban you automatically. 

    I've lifted the ban, you are free to continue to send messages. Personalizing your message to the individual recipient is the best way to avoid this.


     Hi, Im having the same issue! Can you please take a look and let me know what I did wrong here>? I literally sent one message and recieved one response.

    Please advise 

  • New to Real Estate · Atlanta GA · Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Michael S.:
    Quote from @Account Closed:

    Please lift my ban, I am no able to post after copy and pasting my post from my notes app.

    Please send us an email to [email protected] so we can check your account.

    hi, Can you help me take a look my account too? Not sure what I did wrong, but it appears I am not able to start a post for questions, but looks like I can answer post fine.  Thanks!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.