Not sure why I was banned from messaging

8 Replies

I was in the middle of connecting with folks that biggerpockets found I was also friends with on Facebook. After the second person, I got the error that I was banned from messaging. Not sure what is up, but please remove the ban. Of course, if I was a bad boy, just let me know what I got up to that caused the issue.

Hi  @Robert Whitelaw . I looked into your account,  and it is just as I suspected. Our site is RIDICULOUSLY sensitive to spam. No, you weren't spamming, but the system doesn't actually read the messages, it just reviews them. Copying and pasting the same message will make my site made at you, and it will ban you automatically. 

I've lifted the ban, you are free to continue to send messages. Personalizing your message to the individual recipient is the best way to avoid this.

Ah, ok. Since they were all Facebook folks I just went with the same basic invite. Thanks for clarifying.

I guess it takes a little while for the fix to propagate... still getting the banned error when I go to my inbox.

R

@BJ Ralphs

I got the PM ban lifted off your account. You can now send messages.

Please make sure to not copy/paste your messages and you should be good. 

Please lift my ban as well. Wasn't aware of the whole copy paste situation. On a separate note, I do work in IT and could take a look at fine tuning your spam filter if you are interested.

@Michealsoto Hi Michael i nust got banned from messages as well inly sent the one on forum but does it also include inbox if so i will watch what i send next time please help im looking to grow my network thank you

Free eBook from BiggerPockets!

Ultimate Beginner's Guide Book Cover

Join BiggerPockets and get The Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Real Estate Investing for FREE - read by more than 100,000 people - AND get exclusive real estate investing tips, tricks and techniques delivered straight to your inbox twice weekly!

• Actionable advice for getting started,
  • Discover the 10 Most Lucrative Real Estate Niches,
  • Learn how to get started with or without money,
  • Explore Real-Life Strategies for Building Wealth,
  • And a LOT more.

We hate spam just as much as you