Changes to the BP Phone App?

Changes to the BP Phone App?

Accountant · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2018 · 312 posts · 349 votes

Okay so I just opened up BP on my phone, and they've definitely rehabbed the app. The issues I'm having are 1) I can no longer see posts listed by "Newest" like you can on the website, only by "Trending" or by browsing particular forums and 2) There doesn't seem to be any "search" functions on the phone app now like their used to be. Anyone found a way around these issues?

4Reply
59 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 11 votes
8y
@Kevin S. Agreed, “search” is a much needed feature.
See this reply in the discussion

32 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Accountant · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2018 · 312 posts · 349 votes
    8y

    Bump

  • Real Estate Agent · Las Vegas, NV · Member since 2015 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    Same they left off the newest posts only getting trending, very annoyed

  • Accountant · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2018 · 312 posts · 349 votes
    8y

    @Joshua D. are these known errors/issues that are being fixed or just something we're gonna have to live with?

  • Keyonte SummersPro Member
    Harper Woods, MI · Member since 2017 · 384 posts · 311 votes
    8y
    @Kevin S. Same for me but the interface actually look good if they can get the bigs out
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Tampa, FL · Member since 2018 · 15 posts · 2 votes
    8y
    @Kevin S. I have sent an email requesting that they fix these errors. Not sure if they will or what they will come back with but i will update when or if they do
  • Anthony GaydenPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Omaha, NE · Member since 2014 · 2k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    8y
    @Kevin S. I’ve been playing with it trying to figure out a way to list newest posts. There may be a setting or way to do it.
  • Investor · Tacoma, WA · Member since 2015 · 28 posts · 11 votes
    8y
    @Kevin S. Agreed, “search” is a much needed feature.
  • Ooltewah, TN · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 38 votes
    8y
    @Kevin S. In addition getting annoyed that to follow a discussion you now have to do 2 taps.. Before it was a single tap. It worked much better in the old app. The key word notification pop-ups are annoying, I think it's new, haven't figured how to stop those yet (but keep message alerts etc).
  • Rental Property Investor · Cumberland, MD · Member since 2014 · 47 posts · 15 votes
    8y
    @Kevin S. Not sure what the upgrades are, or are worth this new face. When I go to sub forums, I can’t see entire heading and cannot navigate as easily as before. If I had a vote, I’d say use previous format.
  • Investor · Miami, FL · Member since 2015 · 379 posts · 330 votes
    8y
    Honestly I can see why they did that as many other media platforms have changed from only showing the content with the most popularity. The only issue I’ve encountered is posts not showing. In this thread alone I cannot see the 6 consecutive posts above what I am writing now. Has this happened to anyone else?
  • Daniel HymanBusiness Member
    CPA · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2016 · 2k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    8y

    I would love to reclaim the "newest posts" feature, even if it means returning to the older version. 

    BP Support team -Help!!

    My Online Accountant572 Reviews
  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y
    @Daniel Hyman Yes, the missing Newst Posts is a major issue for me. @Joshua Dorkin, I had four emails with Support about this yesterday.....they didn’t’t even know about the app update until I sent screen shots, let alone have any answers. The Newset Posts has to be revived.
  • Investor · Saskatchewan , Saskatchewan · Member since 2017 · 311 posts · 233 votes
    8y
    This is what happens when amateurs “design” an app and equally amateur developers make it a reality. Pretty clear zero beta testing happened.
  • Cedarhurst, NY · Member since 2017 · 38 posts · 19 votes
    8y
    Is there by any chance an actual way to “downgrade” to the old version???
  • Colleen F.Pro Member
    Investor · Narragansett, RI · Member since 2013 · 8k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    8y

    In addition to missing newest posts and search which are very useful features, it does not seem to mark the quoted part of a previous post. There used to be  a  line next to the quoted part from a previous poster, now i cant see it?  This makes me read the OP over and over whenever someone quotes it.   I am on android.

    Keep in mind if newest posts don't appear it is harder to get new discussions going because a lot of people may use the ap most of the time. .

    In any event I know the BP team is trying to be new and better but personally the updates really aren't something I need. It might help if you clue us in to the roll out coming.  

  • Rental Property Investor · Erie, PA · Member since 2018 · 6k+ posts · 9k+ votes
    8y

    It sucks .. it’s all jacked up now 

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2009 · 1k+ posts · 732 votes
    8y
    I notice it’s hard to follow the conversations because the quoted previous post is merged and there is no space or formatting . So it‘s hard to tell who said what. On the website version the quoted post is italicized. Also when typing sometimes it’s randomly automatically going to caps . Agree about trending , would like to be able to see the newest posts . I’m on iPhone not sure if things are any different on Android .
  • Ooltewah, TN · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 38 votes
    8y

    I submitted a ticket to them about some of the issues,  I was told they are working on it and the suggestion was to use the device browser in the mean time.  Hopefully they will be addressed soon.   Curious to know if the folks that design/develop the app are volunteers or paid folks?

  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    8y

    It may be better to tie in @Mindy Jensen to this thread with your feedback. She mentioned the team is working hard on the app. I am sure she can relay the feedback to the right people. 

  • Real Estate Professional · West Palm Beach, FL · Member since 2012 · 23k+ posts · 13k+ votes
    8y

    @Amit P.  Good suggestion!  I just did it, without the app, back to the old style.  BTW, the "old style" is still on my laptop, no "app".

  • Rental Property Investor · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 221 posts · 188 votes
    8y
    It has to be a mistake that you cant "Search" on the new mobile app. I havent been using the new ui for this reason only!
  • Rental Property Investor · Durham, NC · Member since 2016 · 7k+ posts · 7k+ votes
    8y
    @Kevin S. At least your thread got some feedback. I tried posting yesterday about this issue and I don’t think anyone saw it, as like you said it doesn’t show up in chronological order. New posts and new comments don’t show up in the right order. I didn’t even notice the search function was missing til I read this thread. I tried messaging @Mindy Jensen about this but I’m not sure it even went through. I tried on both the app and the browser and it doesn’t show up under sent messages. I sure hope they fix these issues, especially the search and chronological issues. If they don’t or can’t I won’t be spending as much time on BP as it’s much more difficult to navigate now
  • Investor · Denver, CO · Member since 2014 · 157 posts · 64 votes
    8y

    Hi everyone,

    Mindy is on a cruise somewhere and probably in the middle of the ocean enjoying the sun and water.  I'm sorry that no one has gotten back to you sooner.

    We plan on adding the list of newest and unanswered topics back to the app in addition to a way to search topics/blog posts asap!

    I think that sticked posts make it confusing and appear as if posts are not in the correct order.  I'll ask our designer to make it apparent which posts are sticked. 

    I'm very sorry for the frustration but the app is being actively developed now and should be better then ever soon!  

  • Ooltewah, TN · Member since 2017 · 75 posts · 38 votes
    8y

    Thanks for the reply @Robert Perry.  It might an idea to run a beta program or something next time so you can get some controlled feedback.  Looking forward to the updates...

  • Accountant · Tulsa, OK · Member since 2018 · 312 posts · 349 votes
    8y

    Thanks for giving us an update @Robert Perry hopefully the features we all enjoy about the site so much will be back on the app soon.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.