• Beaverton, OR
Votes |
Multifamily market options

Irvin Nguyen
Pro Member
  • Beaverton, OR
Posted Dec 6 2022, 04:50

Hi guys,

I am currently looking to get into my first multifamily investment. I already have 1 SFH which is why my next investment I would like to go with multifamily. Preferably something smaller like 2-4 units. What are your states you guys tend to look at for this market recently that have been doing well? I leaning more towards the cashflow side with some appreciation also. I don't want to fully lean towards the straight cash flow side as I there can be some troubles to that later on down the road. I would preferably like the B/C class ranges. The west coast where I am from seems to be to high in price range for me to go the multifamily route. Oregon is where I am currently living and it is really expensive and not landlord friendly at all so I would like to get one out of state. Based off what I gathered so far the options with reasonable pricings where it hasn't hiked a lot has been:

Ohio

Tennessee

North Carolina

Kentucky 

Wisconsin 

Indiana

Florida (if so which cities? most seem kind of high from what I have seen)  

I know some people may argue that these states wont appreciate as much or as quick as other states but it seems to be stable. Would anyone have any other suggestions I should look into?

Thank you! 

Loading replies...