I quit my job today

I quit my job today

Investor · Cedar Rapids, IA · Member since 2013 · 494 posts · 407 votes

BP brothers and sisters,  I quit the last job I will ever have today to focus on RE investing.  In 2003, while working in corporate America someone suggested Rich Dad Poor Dad to me. Eleven years and 28 properties later I'm finished with the rat race; I'm 50.  I wanted to share this with the BP community because none of my working friends want to hear it.   

108Reply
667 views

Most Popular Reply

Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2014 · 3 posts · 15 votes
11y

Congrats Dad!  

Agree with @Chris Simmons  You should expand on the story.  It's been inspiring to watch and I'm sure others would appreciate it as well.  

@Brandon Turner, although I am admittedly biased, I have been wanting to nominate my dad as a podcast candidate for some time.  I can't think of a better 50th birthday and retirement present.  Hilarious, down to earth, and sharp guy with a great story and unusual business model! 

See this reply in the discussion

253 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Realtor · Jacksonville, FL · Member since 2013 · 227 posts · 35 votes
    11y
    Nice, congrats!
  • Real Estate Solutions Provider · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2014 · 571 posts · 452 votes
    11y

    Congrats!!!! I hate waking up to an alarm clock although some tasks in my life require it. I quit my job earlier this year and friends and family still don't understand how and why I would leave a semi-secure job making decent money. But I do not have to wake up and use the most valuable resource in the world - time - to contribute to another individual's or corporation's wealth. In the end, it's not meant for others to understand.  It's your life!!!! And I am happy you are living it to your standards.

    See ya round BP!

    E. Harris

  • Raleigh, NC · Member since 2014 · 17 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    Congrats @Glenn McCrorey !!!!

    Way to go!!!

  • Bill T.Pro Member
    Investor · Brewster, NY · Member since 2014 · 69 posts · 24 votes
    11y

    SUPER! ... Congrats....

  • Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    11y
    Inspiring!
  • Rental Property Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2014 · 63 posts · 20 votes
    11y

    Hey congratulations,

    @Glenn McCrorey You are truly an inspiration to all that goals set are very achievable if you stay focused and in time your goals will become reality. 

  • Investor · South Fl · Member since 2014 · 20 posts · 4 votes
    11y
    Congrats! I also look forward to hear more stories from you.
  • Wholesaler · Traverse city, MI · Member since 2013 · 48 posts · 6 votes
    11y
    Glenn McCrorey Congrat ! Any advise for the rest of us that is just getting started? Happy holiday ! Joakim
  • Holland, MI · Member since 2013 · 19 posts · 2 votes
    11y
    Wonderful!! Congrats!!
  • Toms River, NJ · Member since 2014 · 27 posts · 5 votes
    11y

    congratulations!!

  • Real Estate Investor · Davenport, IA · Member since 2013 · 71 posts · 17 votes
    11y

    What an incredible accomplishment!  Congrats to you!  

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Williamsburg, VA · Member since 2008 · 143 posts · 105 votes
    11y
    Originally posted by @Glenn McCrorey:

    BP brothers and sisters,  I quit the last job I will ever have today to focus on RE investing.  In 2003, while working in corporate America someone suggested Rich Dad Poor Dad to me. Eleven years and 28 properties later I'm finished with the rat race; I'm 50.  I wanted to share this with the BP community because none of my working friends want to hear it.   

    You, Sir... are a winner.

  • Grand Island, NE · Member since 2014 · 35 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Wonderful!!!!!! You just made my day!!!!!!

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Wenatchee, WA · Member since 2012 · 25 posts · 3 votes
    11y

    Outstanding!!! Nice work Glenn ;)

  • Investor · Shakopee, MN · Member since 2014 · 219 posts · 88 votes
    11y

    Congratulations.

    I hope to be in a similar spot in a few years. 

    Very rewarding (I assume).

  • Involved In Real Estate · Haymarket, VA · Member since 2014 · 5 posts · 4 votes
    11y

    Congrats!

  • Rental Property Investor · Columbus, OH · Member since 2014 · 340 posts · 111 votes
    11y

    Congratulations @Glenn McCrorey You are an inspiration!!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Glastonbury, CT · Member since 2014 · 1 post · 0 votes
    11y

    Congrats Glenn. Proud of you man!

  • Real Estate Investor · Waldorf, MD · Member since 2014 · 592 posts · 320 votes
    11y

    You popped your cherry!!  Congrats!

  • Queens NY, NY · Member since 2013 · 467 posts · 107 votes
    11y

    Congrats !!! 

  • Investor · Gaithersburg, MD · Member since 2013 · 659 posts · 441 votes
    11y

    When this thread is over, you should print it all out and get it put in a frame for all to see! :)

  • Dawn AnastasiPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Milwaukee, WI · Member since 2013 · 6k+ posts · 4k+ votes
    11y

    Congrats!  It's a nice feeling not to have to wake up to go to a "regular" job!

  • Real Estate Investor · Murfreesboro, TN · Member since 2010 · 53 posts · 22 votes
    11y

    congrats sir!

  • Magnolia, TX · Member since 2014 · 40 posts · 7 votes
    11y
    Glen congrats on your retirement you are an inspiration to us all. We are newbies just starting out and you have showed that anything can be accomplished if you set your mind to it. We look forward to following in your steps.
  • Investor · Central Virginia Area, VA · Member since 2012 · 80 posts · 28 votes
    11y

    @Glenn McCrorey Outstanding! I can only imagine how good this day must feel for you. I can tell from your initial post, that your former co-workers (...you've really got to love saying that!...) can't even begin to understand where you are today, but you and your family understand, and that's all that matters! I am truly impressed by your story and can greatly appreciate your action to leave the corporate world. Many trials and tribulations are now behind you, and you deserve all that is now coming your way for your hard work and perseverance. Congratulations and well deserved! I have a similar perspective, as I am right on your heels with the same decision, so I'm naturally inspired. Most will never understand the hard work, sacrifices, risks, and stress that comes with building a successful business of 28 units from the ground up. For those who do, just wanted to say great job and thanks for sharing your story. Again...a big congratulations!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.