Direct Mail: I'm mailing 600 homes surrounding my wife's college

36 Replies

So let's see how this goes. The way I'm looking at it is easy to rent, easy to sell, and in demand. This school has one of the top doctoral programs in the nation. I'll keep you guys posted! 

Well I promised to keep you guys updated. We are pushed back to mailing till this Saturday. I ended up wrenching on my wife's car. I'll keep you guys posted when calls start to roll in.

@Stephen Nicholson

Great question. I DID NOT filter it because I want homes in this particular area. Basically that hit right against the college. We've got a few things that we want to try. (multi family conversions) 

@Jacqueline Carrington  

The goal of this campaign is to get a few homes around the campus. I "wholesale as a secondary measure" feel free to check out my explanation of that on the blog. 

My primary goal is holding/flips. However given the location anything I don't want will be extremely easy to wholesale. Or sell to one of my wife's friends.

Well the calls have hit. So far 4 today. 

2 TMOL

1 Guy interested in what we do (but not wanting to sell) 

1 lady with a brand new home. Insurance rebuilt it due to fire damage. Only one month old. Wanting to sell it. She'd been there for 12 years. Making her an offer tomorrow.

Wow 4 calls after one mailing? What is the language and type of the mailer? I like the campus idea. Would love to hear more about your marketing strategy. Thanks for sharing!

Originally posted by @Wes Carmichael :

What is tmol?

Sorry I forget that not everyone came from a call center (like me!)

Take Me Off The List (typically angry people) 

Just had another guy wanting me to meet him. Sounds interesting. Home needs all of the interior redone. 

So good so far!

Originally posted by @Mike Nickles :

Wow 4 calls after one mailing? What is the language and type of the mailer? I like the campus idea. Would love to hear more about your marketing strategy. Thanks for sharing!

Check out @Jerry Puckett on here. Great quality lists and mail.

Originally posted by @Mike Nickles :

Great I will check jerry out...also thanks for clearing up TMOL lol

Not a problem at all. Another acronym I'm bound to use in this thread is NALVM

No Answer Left Voice Mail

Originally posted by @Uriah D. :

"Check out @Jerry Puckett on here. Great quality lists and mail."

That's debatable depending on location.

Obviously I can only share my experience. Your list is going to be location/demographic specific. 

Mike Nickles just wanted to make sure everyone knows there are a lot of great list providers and mail creators. I've had much better success with some and not so great with others. Ryan D. Clearly has had amazing success using jerry. One of the reasons I have him a shot.

Who is Mike Nickles? Jerry isn't a list provider he does direct mail. 

Lists come from Listsource and I pull my own. Surely you knew that.

Updated almost 6 years ago

never mind guy from earlier post... Kind of strange that someone with 50 posts who is once a month pops up to complain about a 6 year veteran on this site. But I'm sure whoever you're using appreciates it lol

Back to the point of this thread. 

The gentleman with the 20k house said the offer was within reason. He has 25 other homes he's liquidating (retiring) and we're meeting up early next week. 

I'm also meeting with a lady on a home early next week that she owes 72k and its worth 105k. She is moving in with her sister and just wants out of the mortgage. We're looking at a potential subject to, land contract, or just a cash deal.