BPInsights 'Beta' Launch for Pro & Premium Members

BPInsights 'Beta' Launch for Pro & Premium Members

Dave MeyerPro Member
Head of Real Estate Investing at BiggerPockets · Seattle, WA · Member since 2015 · 224 posts · 826 votes

Hey Everyone -- 

I am excited to announce the release of our new 'beta' program for BPInsights (beta basically means a testing phase in software-speak).  This is a project we’ve been working on for a few months, and we’re very excited about what we have in store. BPInsights will provide our Pro and Premium members with the best real estate investing data available. This will be delivered in the form of written content, video content, and on-site tools. Our goal is to supply you with unique data to help you make the most informed investment decisions possible. This is a massive expansion of the Pro and Premium memberships, and we’re very excited to share it with you.

All that being said, this is not exactly how we planned to launch BPInsights. The original plan was to build some great on-site tools, create a back catalog of dozens of articles and white papers, and launch in the second half of 2020.

But things have changed a lot in the last few weeks. 

Rather than wait a few more months to launch BPInsights, we’re launching this week. We now face a rapidly changing economic environment, and we know that our data can provide valuable information to our members. Right now, we mostly have rent data, but we’ll be acquiring new data sources over the next few months and will get it to you as soon as we can.

In the meantime, we’ll keep plugging away at our original plans for useful tools and much more content, so keep an eye out for a full launch later in 2020. But for now, you can expect a weekly email from us with as much data-centric content as we can produce. In exchange, we’d love to hear your feedback on how we can improve the content and what data is most valuable to you. I’ve created a new forum thread here to gather your feedback about BPInsights.

You can find the most recent BPInsights article here. 

15Reply
136 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Tx, GA · Member since 2019 · 313 posts · 337 votes
6y

Any screenshots of what rent data would look like so those who aren't currently pro members can see if they want to make the upgrade for it? Thank you. 

@Dave Meyer

See this reply in the discussion

52 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Real Estate Agent · Sacramento, CA · Member since 2019 · 15 posts · 7 votes
    6y

    This is truly incredible! Can't wait to start using this new software. 


    Thank you! 

  • New to Real Estate · Rock Island, TN · Member since 2019 · 96 posts · 69 votes
    6y

    These insights are amazing, as well as the lated BP podcast talking through them. Are we able to see the top 11 cash-flowing markets that they were talking about during the show?

  • Rental Property Investor · Los Angeles, CA · Member since 2020 · 48 posts · 23 votes
    6y

    @Dave Meyer

    Hey Dave. Super excited about the insights and the podcasts that tie to it. Quick question - is there any way for the insights articles to be linked to the Android app? I see that I have to use biggerpockets.com on the browser to see the articles now

    Thank you!

  • Nathan GesnerBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Cody, WY · Member since 2010 · 28k+ posts · 41k+ votes
    6y

    This could prove to be a very useful tool. I'm not a huge numbers guy; I know how to use them but don't get excited about them so I'm glad there are smarter people than me doing the grunt work.

    The DIY Landlord Book4.7248 Reviews
  • Andrew SyriosPro Member
    Moderator
    Residential Real Estate Investor · Kansas City, MO · Member since 2014 · 10k+ posts · 5k+ votes
    6y

    Nice!

  • Investor · Ogden, UT · Member since 2018 · 295 posts · 208 votes
    6y

    @Dave Meyer this will be a great, useful tool. The BP podcast episode #379 had a lot of great info on this and how to apply it to your investing. 

  • Real Estate Broker · Austin, TX · Member since 2016 · 834 posts · 449 votes
    6y

    nice

  • Investor · Oklahoma City OK & Salt Lake City, UT · Member since 2017 · 9 posts · 1 vote
    6y

    Great stuff, lots of useful data! I noticed that I am unable to use the filters in the Excel file without opening an unprotected version and by opening an unprotected version I lose all the data. It would be useful to allow filtering in the read-only version of the files so it's not needed to scroll through hundreds of rows to find a city you're interested in and also would be useful to compare cities. Other than that, this is a very good feature.

  • Dave PoeppelmeierBusiness Member
    Realtor · Maumee, OH · Member since 2015 · 491 posts · 722 votes
    6y

    I just checked it out for the first time, I really like it. It's a concise look at what's happening nationally (without the slants you get from national media outlets) that you can apply to your local markets. I will be reading these every week. Thanks Dave!

    Keller Williams Citywide | Dave Poeppelmeier534 Reviews
  • Gloria C.Pro Member
    So Cal · Member since 2018 · 107 posts · 20 votes
    6y

    @Dave Meyer

    I haven’t see any emails regarding this new forum. Gloria Vega

  • Cliff H.Pro Member
    Rental Property Investor · Nashua, NH · Member since 2014 · 587 posts · 477 votes
    6y

    Hi @Dave Meyer thanks for putting this together and reviewing the intent on the recent podcast episode. This sounds like a fascinating resource, hobbled by one broader BP challenge: which of the memberships listed off the current Memberships page is Pro? Assuming that's the top option off the page, but it's not entirely clear until you scroll to the bottom and compare pricing. Any chance BP could return to the basic good/better/best option to make it easier to distinguish the membership tiers and what you get with each level? As a Plus member I'm open to upgrading, but finding it hard to identify the differences in perks across the memberships levels. 

    Thanks in advance and keep up the good work on the BPIs. 

  • Investor · Washington, DC · Member since 2020 · 15 posts · 24 votes
    6y

    I checked out the Insights content for the first time yesterday. I think that a primer on how to use the data would be useful to those who may be new to BP or Real Estate Investing. Maybe like a "Beginner's Guide to Insights" sticky post on the sidebar of the page. Also, it took me a minute to translate NL, AL, and DL to New Listings, All Listings, and Deactivated Listings in the Excel file. Why not have the full term on the tab? Other than that, I enjoy the content provided and am excited for you guys to find your stride and do great things.

  • Dave MeyerPro Member
    OP
    Head of Real Estate Investing at BiggerPockets · Seattle, WA · Member since 2015 · 224 posts · 826 votes
    6y

    Great feedback @Vincent A. Cipollone I will definitely work on both of those things going forward! Honestly, it's a ton of data to analyze each week so I was being lazy and using abbreviations -- hadn't thought how confusing that probably is! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2019 · 80 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    i cant see to find the link to the insights page. can somebody post a link? i m a pro user

  • Dave MeyerPro Member
    OP
    Head of Real Estate Investing at BiggerPockets · Seattle, WA · Member since 2015 · 224 posts · 826 votes
    6y

    @Nitin John Abraham just go to biggerpockets.com/insights and you'll see what we have so far! 

  • Rental Property Investor · Oakland, CA · Member since 2019 · 80 posts · 22 votes
    6y

    @Dave Meyer thank you!

  • Pittsboro, NC · Member since 2020 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    6y

    The link at the bottom of your original post @Dave Meyer doesn't work.

  • Member since 2020 · 28 posts · 15 votes
    6y

    @Sandra Regnell sign up for one of the webinars Brandon sometimes gives out discount codes for upgrades.

  • Rental Property Investor · Saint Petersburg, FL · Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    6y

    @Sandra Regnell I’m waiting to get that information as well.

  • Investor · Member since 2019 · 30 posts · 8 votes
    6y

    @Dave Meyer This could be some really next-level stuff.  Will you be giving BP members access to the original data on which the Insights are based?  You might get some interesting secondary analyses if you let people play around with the data.

  • Investor · Kennett Square, PA · Member since 2012 · 45 posts · 25 votes
    6y

    Really appreciate the first few views of the data you have shared with us-keep going!

    Thanks

  • Real Estate Broker · San Pedro, CA · Member since 2016 · 206 posts · 89 votes
    6y

    One of the reasons why I signed up for the Premium membership! I'm excited about this.

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Question: I'm looking at an investment property that the inspection report notes a bat colony in the attic. Would this stop you from buying the property? How much does bat removal cost? Is bat guano like cat urine and very expensive to get out?

  • Member since 2019 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    6y

    Question: I'm looking at an investment property that the inspection report notes a bat colony in the attic. Would this stop you from buying the property? How much does bat removal cost? Is bat guano like cat urine and very expensive to get out?

  • Investor · San Diego, CA · Member since 2016 · 98 posts · 27 votes
    6y

    I also sent you a message.  The link does not work and I am certain I am not receiving emails as a PRO member!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.