• Rental Property Investor
  • Austin TX
Votes |
Jumping from passive RRE to active CRE

Raj Vora
  • Rental Property Investor
  • Austin TX
Posted Apr 8 2024, 09:48

Cut my teeth on some SFR/ small multi deals in Florida over the last 6 years. Scaled a STR arbitrage biz to 7 rentals and then folded it. Always part time on the side of jobs/ businesses.

Now ready to jump into CRE - looking to invest my own funds and also partner with folks. Syndication probably best way for me to scale. Interested in multifamily, strip malls, self storage. Value add.

Just moved to Austin TX - Florida was getting expensive on residential side (tax reassessments, insurance hikes and mandatory flood insurance coming soon). Looking to invest in the triangle anywhere. 

Challenge is: I want to invest but also work on this full time. Do I go the CRE brokerage route to learn the markets, players and underwriting or try to add value to an existing syndicator in some way?

I have about a decade of proptech experience (selling into CRE and RRE), a year of residential leasing for EQR and 6 years of resi buy and hold invvesting.

Looking to connect with anyone in the CRE space in Austin, San Antonio or Houston.

Loading replies...