Commercial newbie here-Is this a good deal?
I am a newbie on commercial properties except for owning the building my business is run out of. To me this sounds like a good deal, but since I'm inexperienced in commercial thought I would get some advice.
I have an opportunity to purchase a 3,700 square foot brick single-story building. Purchase price is $400,000. The building is fully leased and houses three tenants. The property has one billboard on the property. The building is in excellent shape and was built in 2002. The owner is selling due to his age; he is over 80. Tenant #1-$1,176.00 per month (Staffing agency-lease has expired and is currently paying month to month). Tenant #2-$1,200.00-month (Financial Services Co-lease through end of 2028) Tenant #3- $1,936.00 per month (Dr office-lease through end of 2027). The billboard generates $4,500.00 per year and increases by $50.00 every year for the next 5 years.
Total Rent: $56,244.00
Total Expenses: $22,800.00 ( planning on self-managing the property)
Cap Rate: 8.36% (i think this is correct)
Financing: I currently own a commercial building that my business operates out of and is now paid off. I am getting ready to close on a cash out loan to cover the entire purchase of the new building. The loan will be amortized on 20 years and fixed for the 5 years at 6.45% and will reset at current rates in 5 years.
Goal: Take my current business lease payments and the new building profit to quickly pay the loan off. Should pay it off in 5 years if all tenants stay in place. Rinse and repeat.
Potential Issues: Tenant #1 on a month to month and not sure if they are wanting to stay. If tenant is leaving and the space sits vacant until a new tenant is located. This would slow up my full payoff date.
Does this plan sound feasible?