Need a good commercial realtor for the Memphis area

Need a good commercial realtor for the Memphis area

Residential Real Estate Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 7 votes

Hi All, 

I'm considering some multi-family properties in the Memphis area.  Would very much appreciate any recommendations for a great commercial realtor there.  

Thank you! 

Lisa

1Reply
5 views

Most Popular Reply

James WachobBusiness Member
Real Estate Broker · Memphis, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 888 votes
10y

I would love to help in any way I can!

See this reply in the discussion

7 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • James WachobBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Memphis, TN · Member since 2015 · 1k+ posts · 888 votes
    10y

    I would love to help in any way I can!

  • Douglas SkipworthBusiness Member
    Rental Property Investor · Memphis, TN · Member since 2014 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    10y

    Hi, @Lisa Schmidt.

    I'd start with @Derrick Craig.  He's very active on BP and on the smaller end of the Memphis multifamily business (50-units and below).

    If you're going for 50+ units, I'd contact Lea Heilig.  I'm happy to introduce you to her if you'd like.

    Lea Heilig, CCIM

    Multi-Housing Investments

    (901) 842.5322 I Direct

    (888) 252-0319 I Fax

    Woodyard Realty Corporation

    5865 Ridgeway Ctr Pkwy, #300 Memphis, TN 38120

    www.WoodyardRealty.com

    Best of luck to you!

    Investor's Guide to Memphis Real Estate
    View Page
  • Real Estate Investor · Collierville, TN · Member since 2015 · 12 posts · 12 votes
    10y

    I know @James Wachob and he's a solid dude. Not knocking the others mentioned. James is just a great guy and works with a lot of investors.

  • Residential Real Estate Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    JP, Douglas and James,

    Thank you all for the recommendations.   I will be in contact tomorrow.  Much appreciated. 

    Lisa

  • Curt DavisBusiness Member
    Flipper/Rehabber · Memphis, TN · Member since 2008 · 5k+ posts · 2k+ votes
    10y

    Jeff Moore with Crye-Leike and Steve Woodyard both probably have the best reputation in our market for commercial Realtors.   Just bc someone is a Realtor doesnt make them an expert.  I am a Realtor but my specialty is not multi-family. 

    Curt Davis - KAIZEN Realty538 Reviews
  • Joel OwensBusiness Member
    Moderator
    Real Estate Broker · Canton, GA · Member since 2010 · 15k+ posts · 11k+ votes
    10y

    Lisa the biggest key is to work with someone who has the SPECIFIC skill set and experience you are looking for.

    So for instance a broker/agent that works with investors on houses does not generally have the skill level to be working on 40 or 50 unit apartment buildings. Their inexperience of knowledge can costs hundreds of thousands of dollars in mistakes.

    Not all commercial brokers/agents are created equal. Make sure whoever you work with has the track record in that niche. You definitely do not want agents dabbling in a new niche and experimenting on your transaction. If they are new and you want to use them make sure they have a very experienced broker backing them up in that asset class.

    The commercial brokers that say they do everything scare me. They are generally the jack of all trades and the master of none. The people I know at the highest level of their field focus on one maybe two asset niches of commercial and that is it. They do not need to be doing anything else as it keeps them constantly busy. 

  • Residential Real Estate Investor · Jackson, MS · Member since 2015 · 19 posts · 7 votes
    10y

    Joel,

    Great advice!  Thank you.  

    Lisa

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.