22 year old in a real estate investing world!

22 year old in a real estate investing world!

Landlord · Inverness, FL · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 0 votes

Hello everyone,
I'm looking to purchase some investment property. But with the lack of experience and wisdom, I find myself stuck with many questions. What should I bid? Should I use an agent? What steps are taken to pursue such a property? With so many questions, I'm not sure where to start. Can anyone provide me with a step by step process to purchase an investment property? Also, any additional advice is appreciated!

0Reply
11 views

2 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Mark UpdegraffBusiness Member
    Real Estate Broker · Rochester, NY · Member since 2010 · 1k+ posts · 697 votes
    13y

    You should spend lots and lots of time reading everything you can. BP is a great place to start, but there are also copious books on the subject.

    After that you should evaluate deals. LOTS OF DEALS. Then (and only then) bring the BEST one you can find to the BP community. They'll evaluate it for what it is. Chances are, it isn't a deal. From there you can continue to refine your approach.

    You'll need a realtor to get MLS listings.

    Best,
    Mark

  • Landlord · Inverness, FL · Member since 2013 · 4 posts · 0 votes
    13y

    Thanks for your response, Mark. Ive read several books on the subject, many by robert kiyosaki. Any book recomendations?

    Your advice is appreciated,
    Craig

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.