My experience listing commercial rentals - Loopnet VS facebook

My experience listing commercial rentals - Loopnet VS facebook

Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2011 · 603 posts · 130 votes

I am not new to real estate investing but I am newish to commercial real estate. I purchased my first commercial office building in 2019 and have purchased 4 since and might never purchase a single family home ever again because of the excellent returns on commercial.

I don't use a broker we list everything ourselves through an in house employee and myself.

We leased up all our buildings much faster than expected and 95% of them came from Facebook and none of them came from Loopnet/Crexi.

Facebook does not have a commercial listing option so we listed it under apartments and we are getting several inquirers each day compared to LoopNet where we only get a few each month.

I dont see any other brokers on Facebook, probably because its not technically designed for commercial listings.

Is anyone else listing on facebook and experiencing these results?

4Reply
118 views

3 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Joe SplitrockPro Member
    Moderator
    Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
    4y

    LoopNet is really designed for the broker model. I also see commercial real estate agents listing on their own websites. If Facebook is working, keep doing it. Only risk I see is if someone reports your listings for not conforming to their rules. If they do, then just pivot as needed. When I had commercial space, I just listed with a broker. Feedback from @Joel Owens may be helpful.

  • Columbus, OH · Member since 2021 · 46 posts · 67 votes
    4y

    @Adam Craig facebook is a great place for all real estate listings. If your local market has a facebook group geared specifically towards Real Estate (made up of realtors, investors, wholesalers, contractors, etc.) I'd encourage that. I recently found an auto shop for my client through our Real Estate Facebook group here in Columbus. 

    Loopnet and Crexi are great if the space you are trying to lease up is one that you'd expect tenants to have a commercial broker representing them (large highrise offices, malls, corporate offices) but if it's something smaller then more than likely tenants don't have representation and aren't checking those sites regularly.

  • Investor · Cleveland, OH · Member since 2011 · 603 posts · 130 votes
    4y

    Thanks for the input ! I will definitely skip Loopnet on my smaller commercial buildings going forward based on your advice.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.