• Houston, TX
Votes |
How to find foreclosures and auctions in Houston area

Iman Yu
  • IT Professional
  • Houston, TX
Posted Jun 7 2016, 06:32

Hello my fellow investor friends on BP,

I started out my REI journey on BP and it's been great getting all the support I needed as a newbie.

Since last year, my partner and I have completed 1 straight forward rental purchase off HAR (using conventional financing method) and we are in the middle to close our 2nd rental project which we went a more creative route. We got our 2nd deal from a broker and we purchased it using their HML. We have completed the rehab work and we are just waiting for our refi # and finding a tenant. This is our way to use the BRRRR strategy.

So what’s next?

So that brings me to what I want to discuss about what we want to do next. I am thinking of a ‘house hacking’ scenario.

I am in Houston area and my current focus areas are in Eado (east end revitalization is the market area on HAR) and Oak Forest/Spring branch area.a

I want to purchase something that I can create extra value by using creative financing and some sweat equity.

First thing first though…besides finding deals through wholesalers and brokers, does anyone have experiences or recommendations on finding foreclosures in Houston area? What’s the purchase process for foreclosures in Houston?

What about online auction? Has anyone had good experience using a certain tool for Houston area?

I have couple of ideas on creative financing but I will save that for another post.

I would love to hear from anyone who has had experiences in foreclosures and auction houses.

Thanks!

Iman

Loading replies...