Short Sale Negotiation Videos

Short Sale Negotiation Videos

Real Estate Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2008 · 742 posts · 463 votes

Okay, so I have been working on recording some of our Short Sale negotiations. I putting them together in a series of Blog posts. But, since I have been doing this for a very long time, I am stumped on what all other Short Sale Investors might want to get out of watching. So here is what I ask:

1) If you were able to "sit" in and watch a negotiator working on files, what areas most interests you?
2) Is this even something that you would watch?

Thanks for any and all replies!
James

11Reply
49 views

Most Popular Reply

Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
16y

first one is up guys/gals. The others are being uploaded. When completely done, I'll start a new thread/blog and post all three videos

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lqOPD70-QE

See this reply in the discussion

31 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Wholesaler · Belleville, IL · Member since 2009 · 206 posts · 44 votes
    16y

    1) this may be really broad, but how in the hell do you get loss mitigators to budge off their number? does it just come down to providing them some written proof that their number may be way off? I'd really like to see what kind of software is used when tracking large numbers of files. I've had to get several files "escalated" but that didn't do jack - how do you get people to move on a file? there's probably more but that's all I have for now

    2) i would absolutely be interested in watching, and taking notes!

    Looking forward to the blog!

  • Specialist · MA · Member since 2009 · 858 posts · 306 votes
    16y

    I'd be interested in seeing what hapens if you're not getting response from your contact person then how do you handle that? How do you go about asking for their manager and getting that info.

  • Real Estate Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2008 · 742 posts · 463 votes
    16y

    Thanks for BOTH of your replies.

    I can answer some of it on a video.

    Dave,

    Yes, you need to justify the offers. Providing documents will assist in the Lender making a sound business descision. We track all of our files through excell spread sheets and also printed paperwork. We keep a daily log of all calls and what needs to be performed. A check list helps to assist.

    Smitlit- I can and will address this in a video. Actually I had to do this the other day and did in fact document everything I did.

    Once again, THANKS for the replies.

  • Real Estate Investor · Bradenton, FL · Member since 2009 · 99 posts · 42 votes
    16y

    I'd love to see those videos James! And i know a huge portion of the user base at my site would probably want to see them even more ;)

  • Centennial, CO · Member since 2009 · 758 posts · 251 votes
    16y

    Definately interested in seeing your videos. Especially negotiation strategies, documentation and sources for moving the price down, and if and how you present foreclosure alternative numbers to them. Lights, Camera,....Action! :cool:

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Grand Blanc, MI · Member since 2008 · 885 posts · 316 votes
    16y

    I'm interested in seeing the videos as well!

  • Real Estate Investor · Frisco, TX, TX · Member since 2010 · 388 posts · 138 votes
    16y

    Same here, I would be interested in seeing them as well.

    I would like to see the BPO portion of it. How do you deal with the broker to have them come in below FMV.

  • Real Estate Investor · Outer Banks, NC · Member since 2009 · 121 posts · 44 votes
    16y

    I would be interested as well James. Do you have a excel template you would be willing to share. Thanks for all you do here on BP you are an asset to this site. :D

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    not trying to hijack James post but rather add to it. I've got an appt with a new realtor tomorrow and James will be on the call. I'm going to do record that conversation (I know James will cool with that and I'll make the new agent agree as well)

    This will be a great video to see what actual investors say to actual agents and how it goes down, questions the agents ask and the answers that are given. A real peek into my business as James is part of that, I thought you guys would appreciate a video like that.

  • Real Estate Investor · Audubon, PA · Member since 2009 · 13k+ posts · 8k+ votes
    16y

    All of the posts here that say they appreciate the offer that James has made, but so few voted for James' original post ...

  • Centennial, CO · Member since 2009 · 758 posts · 251 votes
    16y

    Yes, James deserves the vote for making the offer to share. Nick and James together will definately be worth a listen. I know not, but sounds like a guru program in the making. "Nick and James Excellent Adventure" - $18,345 value - yours today only $997 (but only if you act quickly). :cool:

  • Real Estate Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2008 · 742 posts · 463 votes
    16y

    Actually I have no plans of putting together anything "guru" like. The plan is to video record several different steps in a Short Sale. Mainly focusing on the negotiations. And put them up as a Blog posts.

    My intents are solely to be able to direct more questions over to a video so that investors will be more incline to understand the process.

    Ali,
    As for the BPO, sorry but I do not attend BPO's. So, I will not be able to record a BPO.

    Richard,
    What type of Excell spreadsheet are you looking for?

    Nick,
    No problem, record anything. Actually I was going to see if I could record one of your calls anyways. So, you have saved me time. Thanks!

    Thanks for all the great replies! I will be posting the videos very soon.

    James

  • Real Estate Investor · Belvidere, IL · Member since 2009 · 169 posts · 65 votes
    16y

    If you have anything with a Negotiator that is basically unmoveable: BPO is too high, doesn't want to see comps or anything else that would support a lower price. Even if you send it in anyway, he just tells you again that he didn't want to see it and that they still need that same number. If you have turned one of those guys around and have it on tape, that's the one I would really like to hear. And for whatever you share, thanks, it's a very generous offer.

  • Real Estate Investor · Sherman oaks, CA · Member since 2010 · 52 posts · 12 votes
    16y

    Please go ahead with this plan James...It's a Great idea and very generous of you..Looking forward to a glimpse behind the curtain so to speak..Thanks

  • Real Estate Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2008 · 742 posts · 463 votes
    16y

    Larry,

    I have recorded two(2) different calls into two(2) different Lenders where we discussed the very issues you are talking about. That is a very difficult thing to overcome. You MUST be prepared to supply the Lender with documents to justify the offer. Plus be prepared to send in info from the Listing Agent to support.

    Thanks for the reply.
    James

  • Real Estate Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2008 · 742 posts · 463 votes
    16y

    PLEASE NOTE: Before anyone goes out ans starts recording calls. Make sure you have permission. You might be committing a crime in some states. Your best bet is to get signed releases from the parties if you can.

    Sorry, but I felt I needed to convey this information.

  • Real Estate Investor · Bradenton, FL · Member since 2009 · 99 posts · 42 votes
    16y

    If any of you guys use Google Voice you can record you calls by pressing "2" while on the call, FYI

  • Wholesaler · Belleville, IL · Member since 2009 · 206 posts · 44 votes
    16y

    Nick J - you gonna have that conversation video posted today too or do we have to wait a few days?

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    The call is scheduled today at 11am my time (AZ) and as soon as I can edit parts of it (mainly names/address etc...) I'll publish it. I'll create a new thread and link to it probably or just post in the blog section here and let you guys know. Either way, the video(s) most likely will up today.

  • Real Estate Investor · Antioch, CA · Member since 2010 · 35 posts · 2 votes
    16y

    I would like to see the videos.

    Thanks.

  • Real Estate Broker · Palmdale, CA · Member since 2010 · 6 posts · 0 votes
    16y

    this site just gets better everyday, sharing info, i need to soak it all in so i can participate after some transactions.

  • Residential Real Estate Broker · Payson, AZ · Member since 2009 · 3k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    16y

    first one is up guys/gals. The others are being uploaded. When completely done, I'll start a new thread/blog and post all three videos

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lqOPD70-QE

  • Select a State · Member since 2010 · 48 posts · 4 votes
    16y
    Originally posted by motiv8td:
    first one is up guys/gals. The others are being uploaded. When completely done, I'll start a new thread/blog and post all three videos

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5lqOPD70-QE


    Dude, great job. Good idea to record this. I'm considering doing this with an actual listing agent who has a listing subject to short sale and getting the deal. I"m an agent so it's a little easier because most of us know eachother by name so I get instant credibility. So far I'm 4 for 4 on calling these agents and getting with them and their clients to sign the short sale package and get rolling. Just a thought for other agent/investors out there or investors that can teach their agent to do this.
  • Real Estate Investor · Ocala, FL · Member since 2008 · 742 posts · 463 votes
    16y

    Great videos Nick.

    I will start posting our videos very very shortly!

  • Real Estate Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2009 · 161 posts · 46 votes
    16y

    Nick Great Job...

    Love the facial expressions:) I was doing it at dinner and my wife thought I had lost it... HAHA...

    Also if everyone else has not yet make sure you vote for Nicks post (Motiv8td)...

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.