My experience with the Multi-Family Mindset 3-day workshop

My experience with the Multi-Family Mindset 3-day workshop

Realtor · Miami · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 13 votes

Through social media, my girlfriend saw the ad for MFM and signed us up. At that meeting they gave us good insight on what we would be learning at the 3-day workshop. For those that don't know, MFM focuses on RE investing of Multifamily apartments. My girlfriend and I ended up signing up to the 3-day workshop. The workshop was extremely organized, and all the speakers/strategists made us feel welcome. As you all may know, you will not learn everything there is to know about Multifamily investing in 3 days, but MFM did a great job teaching step by step the process and the different roles in a Multifamily syndication. Not only did we learn all the steps and roles, but we also were inspired by the strategists that had joined their community in the past and told us their stories and how they got started. Prior to the 3-day workshop (3 weeks before) they gave us access to the portal on their site where we could prepare and learn a little bit about what we were going to be learning in person, also questions to get to know us better and our goals. Not only did it feel like MFM was knowledgeable and experienced in the multifamily space, but they also teach you about mindfulness, the importance of having the right mindset before taking on anything in life. For me the cost of the 3-day workshop was worth it. It made me realized changes that I needed to make in my life to be more successful in everything. Off course like many other companies out there, they offer a mentorship program. We didn't sign up because we felt that we hadn't explore RE investments enough to make a decision in 3 days. Prior to the workshop we had done research for only a month, including signing up on Bigger Pockets. If you ask me was the 3-day workshop worth it? I would answer yes, but as far as the mentorship program, I couldn't answer that because I didn't join. I hope this helps anyone that may have been wondering. Oh, and by the way, the 3-day workshop is for two people as well as the mentorship, so the cost could be split in two.

6Reply
498 views

Most Popular Reply

Don SpaffordPro Member
Investor · Idaho Falls, ID · Member since 2016 · 935 posts · 629 votes
3y

@Jonathan Perez I know many, many people in the MFM group. Some who are the coaches and many students. The MFM group is a machine that churns out many people looking to become MF investors.

If you are interested in learning more about commercial RE, not just MF, there are many online virtual meetups as well which can give you a lot more exposure than just your local market for in person events.

There are also other, more affordable, options to continue your education rather than paying a large amount for a mentorship program right away.

Happy to share these with you if interested. You can just send me a DM with your email address and I can send those resources to you, or anyone else interested.

See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Member since 2022 · 405 posts · 455 votes
    3y

     Thanks for sharing your experience! I have heard good things about this workshop from more than 1 person now. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Miami · Member since 2022 · 247 posts · 75 votes
    3y

    Next step 

    Find a local Multifamily Investor group and go meet members and partner up with experienced people.  That is the best Seminar webinar workshop you can do. 

    Do a couple with them and then you will be ready to roll,  but you will not have to go through the learning curve alone. 

    Good Luck,

    I go to  a group in Doral if interested

  • Real Estate Consultant · Miami · Member since 2023 · 165 posts · 62 votes
    3y

    Hi @Jonathan Perez. I see you're also here in Miami. What is MFM and was this workshop held here? I'd love to know more about it. I assume it has to do with multifamily investing, I'm not familiar with that workshop. Thanks!  

  • Real Estate Consultant · Miami · Member since 2023 · 165 posts · 62 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Luis Maqueira:

    Next step 

    Find a local Multifamily Investor group and go meet members and partner up with experienced people.  That is the best Seminar webinar workshop you can do. 

    Do a couple with them and then you will be ready to roll,  but you will not have to go through the learning curve alone. 

    Good Luck,

    I go to  a group in Doral if interested

     Hi @Luis Maqueira. I'm here in Miami and would love more info about the group in Doral. 

  • Realtor · Miami · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 13 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Darnell Lockett:

    Hi @Jonathan Perez. I see you're also here in Miami. What is MFM and was this workshop held here? I'd love to know more about it. I assume it has to do with multifamily investing, I'm not familiar with that workshop. Thanks!  


     Yes Darnell Lockett, I am in Miami as well. MFM is Multi Family Mindset, they held a workshop here in Miami about a month ago, not sure when they'll be back. You can check their website to see where they will be next. Their headquarters is in Orlando. Definitely recommend the workshop, just keep in mind that there is a mentorship program that they try to sell.

  • Real Estate Broker · Reno, NV · Member since 2023 · 267 posts · 297 votes
    3y

    How much is this 3-day event?

  • REALTOR, Investor, and Rehab Expert · Miami Beach, FL · Member since 2015 · 196 posts · 74 votes
    3y

    @Jonathan Perez im in miami as well. Also very passionate on multifamily. I encourage it to all my clients and have switched some from condos to them. Thanks for the MFM insight. Lets connect

  • Realtor · Miami · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 13 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Trevor Richardson:

    How much is this 3-day event?

    $1499 was the cost for the 3-day event. 
  • Real Estate Broker · Reno, NV · Member since 2023 · 267 posts · 297 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Jonathan Perez:
    Quote from @Trevor Richardson:

    How much is this 3-day event?

    $1499 was the cost for the 3-day event. 
    Wow. How many people were there? What was your biggest takeaway? 
  • Realtor · Miami · Member since 2023 · 10 posts · 13 votes
    3y
    Quote from @Trevor Richardson:
    Quote from @Jonathan Perez:
    Quote from @Trevor Richardson:

    How much is this 3-day event?

    $1499 was the cost for the 3-day event. 
    Wow. How many people were there? What was your biggest takeaway? 
    Yeah but that was for me and an invitee. So technically half the price if you can split the cost with someone. My biggest takeaway honestly was, how networking with likeminded people will help you reach your goal faster. Also that syndication is a whole other beast, and while there are tremendous benefits from starting a syndication, like taxes, acquisition fees, sharing the work load, etc, the risks are that much bigger. 
  • Rental Property Investor · Miami · Member since 2022 · 247 posts · 75 votes
    3y

    Hey 

    Let start 

    Our MasterMind take action in Miami.

    Simply gather knowledge and experience put it together to empower the group to buy right,  manage it, and  hold or Sale. 

    I had been doing multifamily investing for the last 6 years full time,  every day You can learn and always you need to adapt to the market ...

    Message me we can meet in Doral 

    Luis MFPartners

  • San Diego · Member since 2022 · 10 posts · 6 votes
    3y

    On eventbrite you can see they hold numerous "free" one-day masterclass events across many states (mostly in FL and CA): https://www.eventbrite.com/o/multifamily-mindset-33157729673

    And I came across a review from an online blog that goes into more detail about MFM: 

    https://ippei.com/multifamily-mindset/

    Since I think I would be way over my head with multifamily I would not attend their 3-day event at this time.

  • Don SpaffordPro Member
    Investor · Idaho Falls, ID · Member since 2016 · 935 posts · 629 votes
    3y

    @Jonathan Perez I know many, many people in the MFM group. Some who are the coaches and many students. The MFM group is a machine that churns out many people looking to become MF investors.

    If you are interested in learning more about commercial RE, not just MF, there are many online virtual meetups as well which can give you a lot more exposure than just your local market for in person events.

    There are also other, more affordable, options to continue your education rather than paying a large amount for a mentorship program right away.

    Happy to share these with you if interested. You can just send me a DM with your email address and I can send those resources to you, or anyone else interested.

  • La Verne, CA · Member since 2016 · 5 posts · 0 votes
    3y

    @Don Spafford

    I would like some more information on the virtual meetups that are offered.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Miami · Member since 2023 · 165 posts · 62 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Jonathan Perez:
    Quote from @Darnell Lockett:

    Hi @Jonathan Perez. I see you're also here in Miami. What is MFM and was this workshop held here? I'd love to know more about it. I assume it has to do with multifamily investing, I'm not familiar with that workshop. Thanks!  


     Yes Darnell Lockett, I am in Miami as well. MFM is Multi Family Mindset, they held a workshop here in Miami about a month ago, not sure when they'll be back. You can check their website to see where they will be next. Their headquarters is in Orlando. Definitely recommend the workshop, just keep in mind that there is a mentorship program that they try to sell.


     Thanks for the reply and info. I'll have to check them out. 

  • Xin-Ran JiangPro Member
    Real Estate Agent · New York/Miami · Member since 2024 · 3 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    I just attended their orientation seminar today in NYC but didn’t sign up for 3-day train. 
    Their method of “forced appreciation” is kind of interesting. But when they bring up the syndication approach of LP+GP, that they will help me raising 35% down payment from private money in exchange of 65% share of ownership, I shocked. It’s a huge red flag. 
    I realize they are not making their profit in educating investors. They charge $1500, get you into the door, using you to find a deal, setting up partnership to make you carry 100% debt and all the risk, while ripoff 80% ownership (include the 10% for sponsorship to get loan)

    You definitely can get some useful information from their event but do deal with them? Run!! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

  • Member since 2023 · 17 posts · 15 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Xin-Ran Jiang:

    I just attended their orientation seminar today in NYC but didn’t sign up for 3-day train. 
    Their method of “forced appreciation” is kind of interesting. But when they bring up the syndication approach of LP+GP, that they will help me raising 35% down payment from private money in exchange of 65% share of ownership, I shocked. It’s a huge red flag. 
    I realize they are not making their profit in educating investors. They charge $1500, get you into the door, using you to find a deal, setting up partnership to make you carry 100% debt and all the risk, while ripoff 80% ownership (include the 10% for sponsorship to get loan)

    You definitely can get some useful information from their event but do deal with them? Run!! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️

    Hi! I was there too and started to look up reviews! Curious why did you find this a red flag? I've seen a few different partnership structures, but what do you see as ideal? Would genuinely love to hear your thoughts as I'm still learning.

  • Greg ScottPro Member
    Rental Property Investor · SE Michigan · Member since 2014 · 4k+ posts · 6k+ votes
    2y
    Quote from @Erica K.:
    Quote from @Xin-Ran Jiang:

    But when they bring up the syndication approach of LP+GP, that they will help me raising 35% down payment from private money in exchange of 65% share of ownership, I shocked. It’s a huge red flag. 


    Curious why did you find this a red flag?
    I've not attended MFM's course but this deal stinks. It appears they are hoping to attract people that can find deals but don't know how to raise money. They take the lion's share of the profit from the ignorant deal-finders.

    It's not clear how they manage the passive investors, but if this is an indication of how they treat people, I would never give them my money.
  • Property Manager · Miami · Member since 2024 · 36 posts · 19 votes
    2y

    Hey @Luis Maqueira!
    Our office is based in Doral, I'd love to interact with more people in the community. Can I get some info about this group?

  • WA · Member since 2023 · 5 posts · 3 votes
    2y

    TLDR: I joined, I'm not loving it, but I'm sticking with it.

    I saw the ads for the MFM 3-day workshop and decided to attend for $1500. I felt that it was very well done, covered a significant amount of material, had a friendly and motivational feel, and was a good experience and a worthwhile value for $1500. I recommend this much.

    During the seminar, there is a sales pitch to join the mentorship for $40k. What they will not tell you is that they have the power to lower the price and offer discounts. Only after you have joined, will you find out that everyone has paid all different amounts. Several people I know were unhappy that they had been sales-pitched to the highest price.

    The private facebook group was a big reason I did decide to join, hoping to connect with others who could use me on their team. However, what I have found is that the majority of students do not stay beyond the 1 year, so when you go to the FB group with a question, it can take a long time to get an answer, and most of the others answering are newbies who are just getting started and don't have experience. The FB group has very few experienced people checking/ commenting.  I have had a few of those experienced folks (staff members?) show up later to comment on my questions, but the FB group is pretty stale.

    When you join, you get a private accountability coach. I joined in January 2024. In February, it seemed like all of the coaches left to go do their own businesses, and an entire new cast of coaches came on. Coaches are generally students from the previous year.  So, the FB group and the coaches you get are all relatively inexperienced as far as I can tell. I was focused on capital raising, and none of the coaches had any advice about that.

    Based on how great the 3 day class was, I expected to find a lot more content. There is a short course of recorded material, but not much else in terms of pre-recorded guides. I was surprised how short it was... about the equivalent of another 3-day class worth of material.

    There are several zoom calls every week. They focus on mindset, acquisition, and some underwriting. These seem good. I'm still getting into this.

    There is a serious shortage of any material about Capital Raising, even though that is a huge component needed for MF to work. When I asked my coaches how to get going with capital raising they suggested I ENROLL IN HUNTER THOMPSONS CAPITAL MASTERS PROGRAMS. I thought that was nuts: I just paid 40k and my coaches suggested I go ask a competing program for advice.

    There are also a couple people in the program operating their own training for how to do asset management. Most everyone in the community will recommend you drop 10k to learn asset management from these guys. They probably do an amazing job, it's just strange that the advice from coaches, when you want to learn something is "you have to go outside the program to really learn it."

    I went to the MFM meeting in Orlando in spring 2024. Tyler announced that he has a capital raising workshop and he is charging for people to attend that. I can't remember if it was $5k or $15k.  Again, there is a gaping hole in the program, and instead of providing value, he is charging for it. I will absolutely not pay for it.

    At the MFM meeting, 80% of attendees had never done a deal and were looking to make a connection and trying to get started. They were students hoping to find a team and find an operator willing to bring them on. Again, this goes with my theme that in MFM, you are usually surrounded by other neophytes.

    Okay, even though I have so many disappointments, I did post in the FB group and start a conversation with someone, and THEY introduced me to an operator, and I have been doing capital raising for them, which led to a referral to another operator that I'm raising for. So even though I ended up working with teams that are not part of MFM at all, I might not have had much success finding any contacts, if I did not start in MFM. 

    I'm still in this program for another 7 months, so wish me luck finding more value. I plan to keep going through and watching their content and getting what I can. 

    I am networking with the other MFM participants, it's just tricky because most of us are newbies. I've been in other groups and had better luck finding partners for deals.

    Summary: The 3 day class is easily worth the $1500, IMO. The mentorship is not as great as I had hoped, but here I am doing MF deals, so it must have worked in a roundabout way. 

    • Member since 2021 · 1 post · 0 votes
      1y

      @Gina Weibel Hey Gina. It's been over a year since you posted this, and I'm just wanting to know if it was worth it in the end? 

      I have a 3-day seminar with them coming up and want to know if it will be worth it.

  • Bowie, MD · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Xin-Ran Jiang:

    I just attended their orientation seminar today in NYC but didn’t sign up for 3-day train. 
    Their method of “forced appreciation” is kind of interesting. But when they bring up the syndication approach of LP+GP, that they will help me raising 35% down payment from private money in exchange of 65% share of ownership, I shocked. It’s a huge red flag. 
    I realize they are not making their profit in educating investors. They charge $1500, get you into the door, using you to find a deal, setting up partnership to make you carry 100% debt and all the risk, while ripoff 80% ownership (include the 10% for sponsorship to get loan)

    You definitely can get some useful information from their event but do deal with them? Run!! 🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️


     I attended the 3 day bootcamp and that is not what they taught. I believe you were misunderstanding the training. They teach you how to raise capital from LPs while the GPs who are not required to incur debt manage the asset.

  • Bowie, MD · Member since 2014 · 9 posts · 5 votes
    2y
    Quote from @Greg Scott:
    Quote from @Erica K.:
    Quote from @Xin-Ran Jiang:

    But when they bring up the syndication approach of LP+GP, that they will help me raising 35% down payment from private money in exchange of 65% share of ownership, I shocked. It’s a huge red flag. 


    Curious why did you find this a red flag?
    I've not attended MFM's course but this deal stinks. It appears they are hoping to attract people that can find deals but don't know how to raise money. They take the lion's share of the profit from the ignorant deal-finders.

    It's not clear how they manage the passive investors, but if this is an indication of how they treat people, I would never give them my money.

     That's not what they taught at all.

  • Member since 2024 · 8 posts · 1 vote
    2y

    If anyone here is interested in learning more about advancing depreciation through an engineer-based cost segregation study feel free to reach out. I'm with the nation's premier cost segregation firm here at CSSI.

  • Real Estate Consultant · Ellenville, NY · Member since 2020 · 9 posts · 3 votes
    1y

    I attended MFM as well, and I’m deeply passionate about syndicating with other investors and raising capital. With over a decade of experience in multi-family property investments and Property Management, I’m now eager to take my portfolio to the next level. Let’s connect and explore opportunities to collaborate on deals together! Reach out, and let’s make great things happen!

  • Member since 2024 · 29 posts · 40 votes
    1y
Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.