Hey guys, my name is Brandon, a NEW investor in the Austin Area and new to BiggerPockets. I am now reading the Multifamily Millionaire book and basically want to gather some wisdom and knowledge on how to start this investment journey I want to embark upon.
Come to our Austin Investor Social Hour next Thursday at 7 at Draught House Pub and Brewery! There will be lots of multifamily investors there
Welcome to BiggerPockets, Brandon!
It’s awesome that you’re diving into the world of multi-family investing, and starting with The Multifamily Millionaire is a solid choice. Here’s some advice to help you get started on the right foot in the Austin market:
Starting your journey with a solid foundation of knowledge and a network of supportive investors will set you up for success. Best of luck with your first deal, and feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions. The BiggerPockets community is here to help!
Come to our Austin Investor Social Hour next Thursday at 7 at Draught House Pub and Brewery! There will be lots of multifamily investors there
Hey Jordan, thanks for replying. I work late on Thursdays. Do you guys meet every Thursdays or on different days? I would like to come to the social hour
Welcome to BiggerPockets, Brandon!
It’s awesome that you’re diving into the world of multi-family investing, and starting with The Multifamily Millionaire is a solid choice. Here’s some advice to help you get started on the right foot in the Austin market:
Starting your journey with a solid foundation of knowledge and a network of supportive investors will set you up for success. Best of luck with your first deal, and feel free to reach out if you have any specific questions. The BiggerPockets community is here to help!
Wow Chris, Thanks for all of the information and I will definitely follow these steps. Yes, patients is the key because I can feel myself getting anxious. Again, thanks for replying and the great information that you provided.
@Brandon Griggs Network as often as you’re able. 5 years in I’m just starting to build contacts and get known in my area.
Through one of these relationships I’ve gotten my first off market deal. The appraisal just came back and I’ve got instant equity because the appraisal came in higher than my purchase price.
I’ve also gotten 2 great deals from what were essentially pocket listings. I’ve worked with and been friends with my realtor for about 25 years now and he has gotten me many great deals as well as providing me with solid advice.
Hey Brandon,
I work in investment real estate in and around ATX and love what I do. I'd love to connect with you and help you learn more about MFH investing. Where were you thinking about looking for your first deal?
Lets connect
Andrew Morse
Hey @Brandon Griggs congrats on getting into real estate investing! Since you are looking at multi-family properties in Austin, you have a great opportunity to get into the college rental market. I'd suggest getting connected with local property managers who have experience with that niche.