WARNING - Justin Goodin is Operating as Goodin Development

WARNING - Justin Goodin is Operating as Goodin Development

Melanie P.Pro Member
Rental Property Investor · Member since 2023 · 1k+ posts · 922 votes

If you've been around these forums a while you may remember @Justin Goodin of Next Level Equity. He used to troll these waters for suckers very hard until I found out that his claimed experience and transaction history was fake. Deals he claimed to have "closed" were not his firm's deals, despite being listed on Next Level Equity's Portfolio page and Justin creating and posting graphics with Next Level Equity's logo the word "CLOSED" and pictures of other people's real estate. Justin made posts here about how much "he spent" rehabbing units that wound up belonging to other people. I wrote about this extensively here and also made reports to the SEC and FBI. Well, surprise, surprise the phony investment firm up and disappeared. Thankfully you can still see what he put on the Next Level Equity site here: Next Level Equity Archived Site

Unfortunately Justin Goodin is back with a new "premier investment opportunity" he's calling Goodin Development. If you compare the sales pitch between Next Level Equity and Goodin Development  you'll hear a familiar tune with the names changed to protect the guilty. This time you supposedly have the opportunity to invest in multii-family under development. His site makes the following claims:

"We are honored to partner with the City of Fishers to build this vibrant community near downtown. District South has a priceless location that backs up directly to the famous Nickel Plate Trail." Yesterday I reached several Fishers' City employees and a member of the Nickel Plate Review Committee none of whom had ever heard of Goodin Development. I was referred to the actual developer, Rebar Development, by City of Fishers and am waiting to hear back from their Corporate Counsel.

"District South was financed with a fixed interest rate construction loan from our partners at First Financial Bank NA. We started construction in February 2025 and are planning to start leasing up in Spring of 2026." First Financial Bank has no record of having done business with Goodin Development. Goodin Development has no filings with the SEC authorizing it to raise money, has not pulled any permits and is not mentioned in any of the numerous news articles discussing the development and the companies involved.

If you are thinking of sending Justin Goodin or Goodin Development any money - THINK TWICE!! USE EXTREME CAUTION!

I will update my reports to federal law enforcement about these activities once I have completed debunking all of his new claims. I'm also hopeful to get some local cooperation now that he's claiming partnerships with local government. Of course, he is free to come here and prove me wrong. So far that hasn't happened, despite being given every opportunity to do so. Be safe out there.

12Reply
293 views

Most Popular Reply

Don KonipolBusiness Member
Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
1y

We have a saying in Texas that seems to apply to the subject of this thread


“Big hat, No cattle”.

Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
See this reply in the discussion

30 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Scott Trench:

    @Justin Goodin - That's what I thought. Thanks. I wish you the best of luck building your business on another platform. 


     Scott very professional . 

    Wow can you imagine being a LP with this dude :)  we will have to ask Mr. Greene about this guy I guess.. 
  • Jay HinrichsBusiness Member
    Real Estate Consultant · Summerlin, NV · Member since 2014 · 45k+ posts · 66k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Don Konipol:

    We have a saying in Texas that seems to apply to the subject of this thread


    “Big hat, No cattle”.


    I love that one Don  so true..  but hey ,  and this is not aimed at this guy.. but we all have to start somewhere .  And puffing ( again not saying he is puffing) is very common in RE.

    Like Agents who say they are in the million dollar club.. well when houses were 50k each that was something you know 30 plus years ago.. Today its nothing one sale maybe 4 in a year in a mid west market..
  • Don KonipolBusiness Member
    Investor · The Woodlands TX / Avon, CT · Member since 2009 · 6k+ posts · 10k+ votes
    1y
    Quote from @Jay Hinrichs:
    Quote from @Don Konipol:

    We have a saying in Texas that seems to apply to the subject of this thread


    “Big hat, No cattle”.


    I love that one Don  so true..  but hey ,  and this is not aimed at this guy.. but we all have to start somewhere .  And puffing ( again not saying he is puffing) is very common in RE.

    Like Agents who say they are in the million dollar club.. well when houses were 50k each that was something you know 30 plus years ago.. Today its nothing one sale maybe 4 in a year in a mid west market..
    Hey Jay, true enough.  BUT………when asked a DIRECT question, it behooves the person attempting to build trust to provide a truthful direct answer, not insult the person asking the question and not by saying I don’t have to answer that, and not by stating the same unclear statement that was the Catalyst for the question.  

    It SEEMS ( I of course don’t KNOW) that the subject of the threat was called out, didn’t want to admit the truth, and when the subject was pursued decided to pick up his marbles and go home in the way of 5 year olds.  

    Investment product marketers who claim to be GPs, GPs who claim “ownership”, insurance salesman who claim to be “financial advisors”, people who attended an executive training program claiming to have an MBA, what ever happened to honesty?  

    That’s what people loved about the great relief (closer) pitcher Tug McGraw

    When asked on a TV interview if he preferred grass or astroturf, he stated “I don’t know, I never smoked astroturf”.  
    When he became the first relief pitcher in MLB to sign a $100k contract and asked what he was going to do with all that money (this was 1968) he said “ 90% I’m going to spend on wild women, Irish whiskey and good times; the other 10% I’m just going to throw away”. 
    Private Mortgage Financing Partners, LLC
  • Joe S.Pro Member
    Investor · San Antonio · Member since 2020 · 3k+ posts · 3k+ votes
    1y

    I don’t know the guy and I almost feel sorry for him… Of course, if he is an imposter then I suppose the OP is on the hunt for frauds.

    I’ve never invested in a Syndication so my scam alert radar is not as sensitive as someone who has more experience in this method. 

    P.S All the people buying popcorn I want you to know that it has a whole lot of carbohydrates in it so you might wanna be eating celery sticks and carrots instead. :-)

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    1y

    I sleep fine at night. I have never lied or misrepresented anything about my properties and have no reason to do so. I encourage all of you to ask around about me. 

    Anyone can hide behind a keyboard and talk trash. This lady saw my posts and randomly started attacking me (and others) with no credibility behind her arguments. It stems from jealously. I feel bad that she is lonely, needs attention, and sounds like she has had bad experience with her past investments.

    I guess it's true once you reach a certain level, you start to get haters! :)

    But again, her arguments hold no water. Any property that has ever been on my website, I have ownership in. I don't know what I have to gain about doing otherwise.

    If ANYONE would like to chat further, please DM and I'll send you my cell phone number so we can chat directly. Thanks for attention. I have to go back to running an actual business. 

    Have a great day everyone!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.