First REI Deal Alert

First REI Deal Alert

Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 51 posts · 191 votes
Hello BP! Today my offer was accepted for a quad. It’s my first REI deal! All units are tenant occupied and the rents cover my estimated mortgage and maintenance fees and that‘s with me living there rent free! I’m super excited. 😆
140Reply
200 views

Most Popular Reply

O'Fallon, MO · Member since 2018 · 14 posts · 13 votes
7y

Congratulations!  That’s great.  I also hope to be in the same situation someday.    

Since all the units are tenant occupied, what steps do you take to have one of the tenants move out so you can take their place?

See this reply in the discussion

156 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Montgomery, AL · Member since 2017 · 277 posts · 221 votes
    7y

    Congratulations! You putting together a property management system between now and close? I know when I bought my first property that was something I wish I had done. Get everything in order from how you want the tenants to pay (online hopefully), to how they will handle maintenance requests to having leases for tenants on month to month contracts ready to sign.

  • Real Estate Agent · Atlanta, GA · Member since 2017 · 15 posts · 4 votes
    7y
    @Stacey Cook Congratulations!!!
  • Investor · Park Ridge, NJ · Member since 2015 · 14 posts · 2 votes
    7y

    Congratulations!

  • Northwest Arkansas · Member since 2018 · 7 posts · 6 votes
    7y
    Congrats Stacey!!
  • Specialist · Melbourne, FL · Member since 2018 · 40 posts · 11 votes
    7y
    @Stacey Cook congratulations! I hope to be right behind you soon
  • Spokane, WA · Member since 2018 · 28 posts · 17 votes
    7y

    That is awesome news Stacey! Wish you nothing but the best for your future endeavors. I hope to be acquiring something here soon, but I think I am over analyzing deals rather than just going for it.

  • Atlanta, GA · Member since 2018 · 5 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    @Stacey Cook congrats!
  • Rental Property Investor · Grand Rapids, MI · Member since 2018 · 46 posts · 10 votes
    7y
    @Stacey Cook happy to hear!!! I’m brand new in this, and hoping to make my first deal in the next couple of months!
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2013 · 61 posts · 43 votes
    7y

    CONGRATULATIONS!! I'm curious whether you plan to hire a property manager or self-manage. There is something nice about maintaining your privacy and letting someone else handle the tenants/issues (no late night knocks on the door!), plus, you'll have a townhome tenant too!

  • Member since 2018 · 1 post · 0 votes
    7y
    @Stacey Cook what’s REI? New to real estate
  • Rental Property Investor · Houston, TX · Member since 2018 · 2 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    @Stacey Cook Congratulations !
  • Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 51 posts · 191 votes
    7y
    @Bruno Araujo Hi Bruno and thanks! This is a military town. We are home to the US Army’s largest population. Rents vary based on area and accommodation but the military installation seems to keep many homes rented. The property I purchased is a B-/C+. I’m looking to add some modern updates to capitalize on rents.
  • Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 51 posts · 191 votes
    7y
    @Spencer Dalberth Hi Spencer. I’m not selling. I’m purchasing a quad and renting out my townhouse and three units in the quad.
  • Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 51 posts · 191 votes
    7y
    @Christine Caturano Thanks! I am going to manage my properties this first year. In addition to being a realtor I work full time on the military installation. I think it’s important to know and experience the ins and outs of property management before handing it off.
  • Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 51 posts · 191 votes
    7y
    @Mike Naccarato Thanks Mike! Research is always great but you have to trust yourself at some point!
  • Specialist · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 13 posts · 10 votes
    7y

    @Stacey C. Yes, I understand youre not selling.. you're the buyer. I was asking why did the seller decide to sell a property with tenants already in it. Trying to understand peoples different motives to sell.

  • Real Estate Agent · Renton, WA · Member since 2017 · 204 posts · 151 votes
    7y

    Wow!! @Stacey C. that's Awsome, what a way to start building your portfolio. I wished I had done that when I started out in REI. Keep rocking it :)

  • Oklahoma City, OK · Member since 2017 · 13 posts · 2 votes
    7y
    @Stacey Cook congratulations. Im from Fayetteville as well btw
  • Investor · Clinton, MD · Member since 2018 · 21 posts · 12 votes
    7y

    Congratulations Stacey!!  How exciting!  I can totally appreciate your response to @Cason Acor about over analyzing and holding yourself back.  That's been my issue as well, but no longer...it's time to get out of my own may, take action, and make my pockets bigger!!  Thank you for sharing.  Everyone's success is very encouraging and motivating.  Wishing you continued success!

  • Flipper/Rehabber · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    @Chandler Turpin what’s house hacking? Thx
  • Flipper/Rehabber · Orlando, FL · Member since 2018 · 3 posts · 0 votes
    7y
    @Stacey Cook congratulations
  • Real Estate Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2008 · 98 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    Congradulations @Stacey C.. I'm curious, do you plan to self-manage or hire a PM. If the former, have you considered whether you want the other tenants to know you are the owner?

    Edit: I saw where you said you plan to self-manage. I have found that it can be awkward dealing with tenants while also being their friend/neighbor. You might want to think about setting up a company to work through when dealing with the other tenants.

  • Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 51 posts · 191 votes
    7y
    @Barbara Sheppard Thank you so much! Good luck to you!
  • Real Estate Broker · Fayetteville, NC · Member since 2018 · 51 posts · 191 votes
    7y
    @John M. I honestly don’t want my tenants to know. I’ll use Cozy to manage and have my brother make service calls.
  • Real Estate Investor · Knoxville, TN · Member since 2008 · 98 posts · 13 votes
    7y

    Good idea Stacey, glad to hear you've already though of that!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.