Self Property management

Self Property management

Rental Property Investor · Philadelphia, PA · Member since 2017 · 35 posts · 3 votes

For all my SELF property management investors out there. What's the best way to get rent payments from tenants without having to physically do it and something secure and with a trail?

1Reply
46 views

Most Popular Reply

Joe SplitrockPro Member
Moderator
Rental Property Investor · Sioux Falls, SD · Member since 2015 · 9k+ posts · 18k+ votes
7y

@Anthony Theokary both Cozy and Zillow have free online rent collection systems. I would require tenants to use one of those unless local laws require you to take other payment methods. If you are required to take other payment methods, I would incentive online payment via a monthly discount. Say your rent is normally $1000 per month, I would advertise $1000 with online rent payment or $1010 without. That way you are compensated if you are dealing with checks.

See this reply in the discussion

27 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Rental Property Investor · Baltimore, MD · Member since 2016 · 109 posts · 31 votes
    7y

    @Natalie Schanne that makes sense. I can see how self management would be easier in A/B neighborhoods. 

  • Rental Property Investor · Florida & Shanghai · Member since 2017 · 192 posts · 68 votes
    5y

    Hello all, following up on this slightly outdated thread. I am partnering with investors to buy real estate in GA and FL and would like to do the property management myself. I understand from BP and other articles that I can do the PM work if I am an owner, but it's not clear about partial ownerships.

    If I own 99% or 1% do I still have the same right to property manage without a realtor's license?

    Any experience or knowledge on this much appreciated!!

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.