Rental Property Investor · Union City, CA · Member since 2015 · 34 posts · 11 votes
I am in the process of doing 1031 exchange for a 13 to 15 units MF in Fresno, CA. The inventory in the MLS is fairly dry for this type of property. My agent is reaching out to his clients and peers for potential properties. What else can I do to look for off-listing property? Thanks,
Rental Property Investor · North East US · Member since 2019 · 114 posts · 31 votes
7y
@Phat Vi
Look in public data websites norrowing your criteria with your units and some bad debt history or behind payments...find address and offer help to owners whose maybe in a desperate...
Rental Property Investor · North East US · Member since 2019 · 114 posts · 31 votes
7y
@Phat Vi
Look in public data websites norrowing your criteria with your units and some bad debt history or behind payments...find address and offer help to owners whose maybe in a desperate...
Developer · Charlottesville, VA · Member since 2018 · 4k+ posts · 4k+ votes
7y
@Phat Vi you can get a list of properties from the tax office (usually online) and find the owners then call them up. That's the most effective method. You can also mail them a letter. Others lists would be code violations, evictions, etc. Also check with property management companies to see if they have owners looking to sell.
Real Estate Agent · Fresno, CA · Member since 2014 · 367 posts · 174 votes
7y
hey @Phat Vi , for one property i bought i chose an area I wanted to buy in as well as chose my investment class. I found all the properties I thought would fit my criteria in that area and then used property radar to get names and addresses of owners. I cold called etc... and eventually got one. that strategy worked for me.
did you say that your current property is in escrow in Fresno? where is it and where are you looking to move to?
Investor · Truckee, CA · Member since 2013 · 546 posts · 445 votes
7y
@Jeff Zimmerman, awesome to hear, thanks for using us. I bought a 6-plex in Kings Beach, CA using exactly the same method. Actually found 3 willing sellers during my search which took less than a week.