Financing for Multifamily Property in St. Louis

3 Replies

Hi Everyone! New to REI and BP and hoping to get some help. I found a multifamily property (6 units -- 3bd/1ba) in St. Louis and believe its a great deal at the current price. I have a few questions:

1.  Does anyone know lenders in St. Louis for commercial multifamily properties? Is there a minimum property value?

2. Can renovation/rehab costs be included in a commercial multifamily loan?

Originally posted by @Brittney Butler :

Hi Everyone! New to REI and BP and hoping to get some help. I found a multifamily property (6 units -- 3bd/1ba) in St. Louis and believe its a great deal at the current price. I have a few questions:

1.  Does anyone know lenders in St. Louis for commercial multifamily properties? Is there a minimum property value?

2. Can renovation/rehab costs be included in a commercial multifamily loan?

1. You would be best to try a local bank to the property or a private lender.

2. Most lenders will include reno/rehab costs if the ARV is there...it all depends on the lender.

@Brittney Butler for a property that size I would build relationships with local community savings and loans banks, in the area you plan to invest, that specialize in financing this type of product. There may be some options to roll in the cost of repairs in the loan. You may be able to do this with bridge debt as well, if the property is not performing up to par