Partnerships/Syndications in Southwest Ohio

Partnerships/Syndications in Southwest Ohio

Lender · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 19 votes

Good Morning BP! 

Myself and three others are partnering on a value add multifamily property in the Dayton, OH area. We are also raising money from investors to invest in other multifamily properties but have hit some road blocks. We are inexperienced and want to learn from someone who has completed a full cycle of a syndication. I have been trying to find other individuals in the area that have executed partnerships and syndications but I have been unsuccessful so far. I want to network and meet other syndicators in Dayton/Cincinnati. Do you have any advice on what I should do to connect with these types of individuals?

Thank you for your help!

Tyler

3Reply
26 views

Most Popular Reply

Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
5y

@Tyler Gerhold Congrats on getting started in multi family syndications! 

There is an abundance of information out there on how to complete a multifamily syndication. It’s really beneficial to have a solid team and a mentor that has plenty of experience. 

I would recommend listening to podcasts, reading books, and networking on Facebook groups and Biggerpockets. 

You have been unsuccessful so far networking in Ohio? Joe Fairless hosts a meet up every month. Have you attended that? 

I am in Indianapolis so not too far from you. We are interested in different OH markets. Happy to help. Thanks. 

See this reply in the discussion

10 Replies

Jump to latestLatest
  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    5y

    @Tyler Gerhold Congrats on getting started in multi family syndications! 

    There is an abundance of information out there on how to complete a multifamily syndication. It’s really beneficial to have a solid team and a mentor that has plenty of experience. 

    I would recommend listening to podcasts, reading books, and networking on Facebook groups and Biggerpockets. 

    You have been unsuccessful so far networking in Ohio? Joe Fairless hosts a meet up every month. Have you attended that? 

    I am in Indianapolis so not too far from you. We are interested in different OH markets. Happy to help. Thanks. 

  • Investor · Charleston, SC · Member since 2021 · 120 posts · 108 votes
    5y

    @Tyler Gerhold

    That’s great advise from @Justin Goodin. You mentioned you are wanting to syndicate deals and raise money. If you haven’t already done so, I would recommend speaking with a SEC attorney to make sure you are familiar with laws on syndication and raising capital. 

  • Lender · Tempe, AZ · Member since 2020 · 26 posts · 19 votes
    5y

    @Justin Goodin I have not heard of Joe Fairless's meetup. I will definitely look into that! Thank you

  • Real Estate Agent · Columbus, OH · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 1k+ votes
    5y
    Originally posted by @Tyler Gerhold:

    Good Morning BP! 

    Myself and three others are partnering on a value add multifamily property in the Dayton, OH area. We are also raising money from investors to invest in other multifamily properties but have hit some road blocks. We are inexperienced and want to learn from someone who has completed a full cycle of a syndication. I have been trying to find other individuals in the area that have executed partnerships and syndications but I have been unsuccessful so far. I want to network and meet other syndicators in Dayton/Cincinnati. Do you have any advice on what I should do to connect with these types of individuals?

    Thank you for your help!

    Tyler

     Hi Tyler, I would recommend getting connected with several of the real estate groups in Dayton. If you can, I would also attend some meetups. 

  • Rental Property Investor · OH · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 52 votes
    5y

    @Tyler Gerhold

    I personally don’t have any experience in this area yet (large deals in Cincy/Dayton), however the two guys below may be able to provide some insight.

    @Aaron Bonne

    @Lee Yoder

  • Investor · Indianapolis, IN · Member since 2018 · 1k+ posts · 756 votes
    5y

    @Jonathan Steiger Thanks for the information. Wouldn't mind connecting with Aaron and Lee if you could maybe make some intros through email? Thanks.

  • Rental Property Investor · OH · Member since 2019 · 51 posts · 52 votes
    5y

    @Justin G.

    Sorry, I wish I could, however I don’t have their emails. I’ve only connected with them a few times each via messaging on BP.

  • Rental Property Investor · Lebanon, OH · Member since 2016 · 220 posts · 228 votes
    5y

    @Jonathan Steiger, thanks for the mention!

    @Tyler Gerhold, congrats on getting started into MF investing! Getting started is the hardest part, so you're off to the races now! I would love to connect with you. Feel free to email or call/text me. 

    @Justin Goodin, I'd love to connect with you as well. It looks to me like you're doing incredibly well in the MF space in Indy! Feel free to email or call/text me. 

    I'll send you guys my email and phone number in a DM. Looking forward to connecting!

  • Member since 2021 · 48 posts · 21 votes
    5y

    @Tyler Gerhold just checking to see how the Dayton MF / syndication is going? I am looking at next location to invest in and OH is top of my radar (and lived in Dayton in 2011).

  • Real Estate Syndicator · Phoenix, AZ · Member since 2018 · 903 posts · 1k+ votes
    5y

    @Tyler Gerhold Exactly what you just did. Keep talking about what you are doing, your interests and the markets you are passionate about. Join Meetup.com, Facebook groups and find similar events and do the same. Alternatively, you can buy a mentorship to speed up the process, network and skill growth.

Join the conversationCreate a free account to reply, vote on answers and follow this thread.