Hello, I am looking into building a 4 unit new construction with the VA loan ( IN CHICAGO). Has anyone done one on a multifamily? Pros and cons? Let me know vs just me just buying an existing 3-4 units with the VA loan.
Investor · Chicago, IL · Member since 2018 · 321 posts · 150 votes
14h
I've been curious about VA home loans also. I did my digging a couple months back and was told that most lenders don't usually even do these because of the amount of time that it takes and the tire kickers that never follow through. I'll DM you to keep in touch
Lender · Washington DC · Member since 2026 · 72 posts · 18 votes
13h
Quote from @Dakota James:
Hello, I am looking into building a 4 unit new construction with the VA loan ( IN CHICAGO). Has anyone done one on a multifamily? Pros and cons? Let me know vs just me just buying an existing 3-4 units with the VA loan.
Hi Dakota, that's an interesting strategy. New construction versus purchasing an existing 3–4 unit property can look very different from a financing and execution standpoint. I'm a private lender, and I'd be glad to connect and learn more about your plans. Depending on the project and financing structure, there may be alternative funding options worth exploring alongside the VA route. Have you already secured a lot, or are you still evaluating your options?